Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,882 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

The Mtn Caller Tunes Rip Off - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / The Mtn Caller Tunes Rip Off (4593 Views)

New Method Of Activating The Mtn Magic Sim By Musa / Compose Your Own Mtn Caller Tune By Your Self / Swift Broadband Rip Off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mtn Caller Tunes Rip Off by Austyn316(m): 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
I hope that this post makes it to the front page so that Nigerians can be enlightened on the current rip off going on especially Nigerians who have MTN Phone lines.

On Tuesday, July 31, I received a text message informing that the sum of N50 had been deducted from my account for Caller tunez. I was so surprised because the caller tunes I subscribed for was Papa Ayo Caller Tune. I later opted out of it and sent an sms to discontinue when MTN would not renew the Papa Ayo Caller Tune. Sometimes those who call me hear all sorts of music that I would not like to be associated with. Right now what you hear when you call me is an MTN advert. My question is why should I pay N50 from my account just for MTN to advertise to my callers?

I will like to advise us to watch out because millions of Naira is made fraudulently daily by MTN and many Nigerians don't bother to know what is happening to their call credit.

I wrote a mail to the MTN Customer Care line and a certain Ralph responded. See Excerpts below:

Dear Austyn,

Thank you for contacting us at MTN CustomerCare.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience experienced.

However, checks show your line is active on our Caller Tune service, hence the N50 monthly charges.

To deactivate the service, simply send CANCEL to 4100. The service will be deactivated within 24 hours.

Thank you for choosing MTN, have a nice day.

Best regards,

Ralph | CustomerCare Team
Customercare@mtnnigeria.net

Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: Description: cid:image002.gif@01CD31DF.70B52480

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 10:15 AM
To: CustomerCare
Cc: Austin
Subject:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am an MTN Customer with number 0803........ I got an sms this morning saying that my caller tunes service has been renewed.

I did not subscribe for that service. I want it discontinued and the money deducted for that purpose refunded.

Please effect.

My Name, Esq.

Best Regards,

My Name

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

NOTE: This e-mail message is subject to the MTN Nigeria disclaimer
Re: The Mtn Caller Tunes Rip Off by jibbzion(m): 3:25pm On Sep 24, 2014
I experienced the same just two days ago...some two years after your experience. I'll deactivate right away! Thanks tho'...FTC!!!...;d

(1) (Reply)

Order On Docconcepts.com Get 4%discounts On Laptops+gadgets+desktops+accessories / Inec Battery For 17 Hours Laptop Charge And Phone =N=11,000 / I Need To Swap My Iphone X To Iphone 11 Pro Max

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.