Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Do I Need A UK Transit Visa??? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do I Need A UK Transit Visa??? (3462 Views)

Do I Need Uk Transit Visa To Get To America Flying British Airways? / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do I Need A UK Transit Visa??? by Goldmann(m): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hi good people of nairaland.

I apologise if this question has been asked before but I really need to make a decision ASAP and thought I'd throw it open.

I got a great deal on Virgin Atlantic to travel to the US via London but need to confirm if I will require a UK transit visa.

I am solely in London for the purpose of getting my connecting flight to the US. I think its ridiculous to require any form of UK visa.

The UK Border agency website states that once you have a confirmed flight, a valid US visa and are departing in less than 24 hours, you don't require the visa. The website however also states that the decision is at the discretion of an immigration officer.

I'm worried that some overambitious fellow may be unaware of this concession or may just choose to be a poor decision maker on that day.

Has anyone travelled via Heathrow of recent? Did you require a UK transit visa? Is it wiser to just fly on another airline such as Delta, United or KLM?

Please let me know ASAP as I need to get a ticket ASAP before prices become even higher.

Thanks!
Re: Do I Need A UK Transit Visa??? by webstradamus: 9:59am On Aug 05, 2012
Early this year, I flew BA from Lagos to New York via Heathrow and didn't need a transit visa. Connecting flight was in 2 hrs. U should be good bro.
Re: Do I Need A UK Transit Visa??? by keystone123(m): 5:23pm On Aug 19, 2012
Early this year, I flew BA from Lagos to New York via Heathrow and didn't need a transit visa. Connecting flight was in 2 hrs. U should be good bro.

how is this possible. it somehow to believe.

(1) (Reply)

How Is Tax Calculated Abroad? / Where Are All The Nigerians My Age In Columbus, Ohio?? / Am Dying Help Me-bank Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.