Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Who Was The Old Testament God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was The Old Testament God? (780 Views)

Freshest Proof That Jesus Is The God Of The Old Testament!!!! / Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / Old Testament Sacrifices With New Testament Typologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was The Old Testament God? by suwailad(f): 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is jehovah the same as Jesus? I have some questions to ask
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by okeyxyz(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
Jesus is a derivation(son) of Jehovah. Same spirit(same god) different persons.
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by ijawkid(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
suwailad: Is jehovah the same as Jesus? I have some questions to ask

How can they be d same??

Did the prophets tell us that Yahweh was the 1 coming to d earth??
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by Areaboy2(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Certainly not the same.

He can only be the same person if ywhw can "change". but that then goes against everything the religion stands for. "Unchangeable god"

in the old testament, one can describe him as a ruthless dictator and a tyrant to a certain degree

In the new testament, he now stand for forgiveness of everything (even your enemies)

i'm sure you can conclude for yourself
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
Area_boy: Certainly not the same.

He can only be the same person if ywhw can "change". but that then goes against everything the religion stands for. "Unchangeable god"

in the old testament, one can describe him as a ruthless dictator and a tyrant to a certain degree

In the new testament, he now stand for forgiveness of everything (even your enemies)

i'm sure you can conclude for yourself
Exactly!
The Old Testament god demanded human sacrifice ... ordered to wipe out entire villages killing women and children ... sending plagues and famines ...
It would be ironic to think that God has changed so much ...
It would be ridiculous!
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by suwailad(f): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Exactly!
The Old Testament god demanded human sacrifice ... ordered to wipe out entire villages killing women and children ... sending plagues and famines ...
It would be ironic to think that God has changed so much ...
It would be ridiculous!
i can see the sarcasm. Why the change? ive also wondered also whats the difference between allah and the OT God
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by Purist(m): 5:53pm On Aug 05, 2012
The Old Testament God is evidently different from the one in the New Testament. Many Christians would deny this, and this is understandable, as believing such would negate all they have always deemed their reality. But if the Christian maintains that his God is one and the same and never changes, the only other explanation we can possibly proffer for his incongruous behaviour throughout the bible is that this God suffers from Multiple Personality Disorder.

The following (short) video explains this seeming disorder that the God of the bible is suspected to have. In reality, he acts like different people, because he really was different people.

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlnnWbkMlbg[/flash]

The book, A History of God by Karen Armstrong, explains even more. You can download the PDF version from here: http://www.2shared.com/document/29Cel-VI/A_History_of_God.html
Re: Who Was The Old Testament God? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
suwailad:
i can see the sarcasm. Why the change? ive also wondered also whats the difference between allah and the OT God

I was not ironic ...
I think I've been very direct and clear.
You disagree with me?
You think otherwise?
Expose you then ...
My respects.

(1) (Reply)

Pleace Most Read / The World Philosophy Says “if You Can’t Beat Them, Join Them”, But Heaven Philos / Irony Of Daily Life**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.