Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? (11641 Views)

UK WORK PERMIT ENQUIRY: Tier 2 & Tier 5 Questions Answered / 1 YEAR POLAND WORK PERMIT VISA (100% GUARANTEE ) / How Do I Obtain A Visa To Singapore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Abejimico(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2012
The good people of nairalander, please I need an urgent information on how to secure UK work permit. a close friend of mine got a job in UK and that's the only document that is needed from him to complete the whole exercises.
Any one that has information on how to get it should please

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by coogar: 2:08pm On Aug 05, 2012
Abejimico: The good people of nairalander, please I need an urgent information on how to secure UK work permit. a close friend of mine got a job in UK and that's the only document that is needed from him to complete the whole exercises.

a uk employer must have put in a work permit application for him which was then granted by the home office.
if you have any relative in the uk with a registered company, he can do the same for you....with the work permit,
you can then go to the british high commission in nigeria to secure your work permit visa....
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Abejimico(m): 4:05pm On Aug 05, 2012
coogar:

a uk employer must have put in a work permit application for him which was then granted by the home office.
if you have any relative in the uk with a registered company, he can do the same for you....with the work permit,
you can then go to the british high commission in nigeria to secure your work permit visa....

Thanks for your response, the UK employer mailed him that they he needs to provide the work permit for them to complete the other processes
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by justwise(m): 4:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
Abejimico:

Thanks for your response, the UK employer mailed him that they he needs to provide the work permit for them to complete the other processes

That doesn't sound well. . . is money involved?
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Abejimico(m): 5:34pm On Aug 05, 2012
justwise:

That doesn't sound well. . . is money involved?

He told me that they didn't ask for a dime from him
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by ifegy: 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2012
Abejimico: The good people of nairalander, please I need an urgent information on how to secure UK work permit. a close friend of mine got a job in UK and that's the only document that is needed from him to complete the whole exercises.

Did he indicate to the employer that he already had a work permit, when he was applying for the job? That may be why they expect him to produce it at this stage.
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Abejimico(m): 9:05am On Aug 08, 2012
ifegy:

Did he indicate to the employer that he already had a work permit, when he was applying for the job? That may be why they expect him to produce it at this stage.

The surprising issue is the fact that the employer wrote in their employment advert that they will assist in acquiring a valid work permit.

find below the advert, please my friend needs your advice.

Kensington Close says: August 6 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN KENSINGTON CLOSE HOTEL LONDON.
Tel: 447024036911 447024023859

Applications are called upon from interested, hardworking, dedicated and ambitious individuals and groups for immediate employment into Kensington Close Hotels Plc London. This is a unique opportunity of its kind, as the management of Kensington Close Hotels London will afford you the privilege of enjoying its beautiful, sophisticated and conducive environment as you will be provided with accommodation and every other social Amenity desired for a normal living. Also the hotel management will be there to facilitate your coming most especially those coming from outside the country. Most interestingly we assist you in obtaining a genuine and valid work permit here in the country.
Now that you have been armed with the above information, interested and qualified members of the public are hereby called upon to explore and utilise this wonderful opportunity by sending in their application in to the so many available vacancies.
Kensington Hotels Plc London is out to serve both staff and visitors in the most cherished manner.
Interested applicants should contact us with his or her group/individual CV / Resume via email:
kensigtoncloseUKaol.co.uk

Best Regard
Vacancy Manager
Erick Addison
Kensington Close Hotel London.
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Vicjustice: 9:19am On Aug 08, 2012
Abejimico:

The surprising issue is the fact that the employer wrote in their employment advert that they will assist in acquiring a valid work permit.

Kensington Close says: August 6 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY IN KENSINGTON CLOSE HOTEL LONDON.

Applications are called upon from interested, hardworking, dedicated and ambitious individuals and groups for immediate employment into Kensington Close Hotels Plc London. This is a unique opportunity of its kind, as the management of Kensington Close Hotels London will afford you the privilege of enjoying its beautiful, sophisticated and conducive environment as you will be provided with accommodation and every other social Amenity desired for a normal living. Also the hotel management will be there to facilitate your coming most especially those coming from outside the country. Most interestingly we assist you in obtaining a genuine and valid work permit here in the country.
Now that you have been armed with the above information, interested and qualified members of the public are hereby called upon to explore and utilise this wonderful opportunity by sending in their application in to the so many available vacancies.
Kensington Hotels Plc London is out to serve both staff and visitors in the most cherished manner.
Interested applicants should contact us with his or her group/individual CV / Resume via email:

Best Regard
Vacancy Manager
Erick Addison

It is obviously a scam, the English composition and expression are so Nigerian; a UK company will not be in such begging and enticing mode just to give you such (non-skilled) employment: Just watch, the "advertiser" will soon ask you for money

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by justwise(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2012
Abejimico:

Best Regard
Vacancy Manager
Erick Addison

Well. . . its a scam, not new though, that is not Kensington London Hotel email address and number and they are not recruiting at the moment.

The chances of a Nigerian living in Nigeria getting a hotel managerial post in the UK is close to zero.

http://www.kensingtonclosehotel.com/default-en.html
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by coogar: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2012
big time scam. everytime i see uk contact numbers that start with 070XXXXX, i cringe!
sadly, many nigerians would fall for this trap again. for a uk employer to employ directly from nigeria - they ought to have displayed job vacancies in national newspapers here in the uk for 6 months without success. with the rate of unemployment currently in the uk, it's not just possible for this hotel not to have interested applicants -

this is a mighty scam - efcc should be contacted!
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Nobody: 10:22am On Aug 09, 2012
The op might be the originator of this scam

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by justwise(m): 10:24am On Aug 09, 2012
coogar: big time scam. everytime i see uk contact numbers that start with 070XXXXX, i cringe!
sadly, many nigerians would fall for this trap again. for a uk employer to employ directly from nigeria - they ought to have displayed job vacancies in national newspapers here in the uk for 6 months without success. with the rate of unemployment currently in the uk, it's not just possible for this hotel not to have interested applicants -

this is a mighty scam - efcc should be contacted!

grin grin bro i don't think you visit travel section often, there are even worst cases than this, EFCC got no time for a case like this.

Couple of weeks ago one bogus member here was adverting 2 colleges in the UK for sale, when he was busted he went off only to come back weeks later advertising hotel job in the UK, when i searched for the hotel address it turns out to be Milton Keynes's city council address.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by coogar: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2012
justwise:

grin grin bro i don't think you visit travel section often, there are even worst cases than this, EFCC got no time for a case like this.

Couple of weeks ago one bogus member here was adverting 2 colleges in the UK for sale, when he was busted he went off only to come back weeks later advertising hotel job in the UK, when i searched for the hotel address it turns out to be Milton Keynes's city council address.

and some fools are debating in the other thread that life in nigeria is good. if the people masterminding these scams channel their resources into something progressive, nigeria would have her own mark zuckerberg and bill gates!
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by justwise(m): 11:08am On Aug 09, 2012
coogar:

and some fools are debating in the other thread that life in nigeria is good. if the people masterminding these scams channel their resources into something progressive, nigeria would have her own mark zuckerberg and bill gates!

Oh well....we all hear that everytime but we also know the truth, Nigeria is good my backside.
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Krucifax(m): 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2012
You generally can't apply for a work permit as your employer normally has to do this on your behalf. Draconian Immigration Laws have now officially been implemented in the whole of the U.K from 30 July 2012. However i've pulled some info for you to read on the subject.It may help.

Applying from outside the UK
Main navigation
• Skilled workers
o Tier 2 (General)
 Can you apply?
 Sponsorship
 Documents required
 Application fees
 Applying from outside the UK
 Applying from inside the UK
 Bringing your family
 Refusals
 Conditions of your stay
 Change of circumstances form
 Settlement

This page explains how you can apply under Tier 2 of the points-based system if you are applying from outside the UK.
Before you apply, you should read:
• the Can you apply? pages to find out whether you meet the requirements and will score enough points; and
• the Documents required pages to find out which documents you should provide with your application.
Depending on the country where you live, you may need to make your application online or using application form VAF9. To find out which method you should use, see 'More information' below.
All applicants must also complete and submit Appendix 5 of the form.
You can download application form VAF9, Appendix 5 and the guidance notes from the right side of this page.
There are particular application requirements if you are currently in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
As part of your application, you will need to enrol your fingerprints and facial image (known as 'biometric information') at a visa application centre.
Select your country in our country finder to find out:
• how to apply in your country
• the location of our visa application centres
• how long we generally take to process visa applications
• how your documents will be returned to you

Can you apply?

This section explains the requirements that you must meet if you want to come to or remain in the UK as a skilled worker under Tier 2 (General) of our points-based system.
To be able to apply, you must score a total of 70 points and meet all the other requirements of the Immigration Rules.
If you are already in the UK in a different immigration category, you can find out whether you can 'switch' into Tier 2 (General) under 'More information' below.
Points for your attributes
You must score 50 points for having a Tier 2 (General) certificate of sponsorship, and for being paid an appropriate salary. These are known as your 'attributes'.
Points are available for your attributes as follows:
Attribute Points available
Assigned a certificate of sponsorship, because:
• the job has an annual salary of £150,000 or more;
• the job is on the shortage occupation list;
• your sponsor has completed a resident labour market test (or an exemption applies); or
• you want to extend your stay and continue working in the same job for the same employer
The Certificate of sponsorship page explains how you can score these points. 30
Appropriate salary and allowances
The Appropriate salary and allowances page explains how you can score these points. 20

Points for your English language ability
You must score 10 points for English language ability.
The English language page explains how you can score these points.
Points for maintenance (funds)
You must score 10 points for maintenance (funds).
The Maintenance page explains how you can score these points.
his page explains how many points you can score for sponsorship if you are applying to enter or remain in the UK as a skilled worker under Tier 2 (General) of the points-based system.
You must read the Tier 2 policy guidance before you apply. You can download the guidance from the right side of this page. The guidance is based on Part 6A of the Immigration Rules.
You can score 30 points for having a Tier 2 (General) certificate of sponsorship from a licensed sponsor. When assigning your certificate, your sponsor will indicate whether they are assigning it because:
• the job has an annual salary of £150,000 or more; or
• the job is on the shortage occupation list; or
• your sponsor has completed a resident labour market test (or an exemption applies); or
• if you are already here under Tier 2 (General) and you are applying extend your stay, you will working for the same sponsor in the same job.
You should ask your sponsor to tell you the basis on which they assigned the certificate.
If you are currently in the UK under Tier 2 (General) in a job that is on the shortage occupation list, but the job is no longer on the list, you can still apply for an extension or to switch into doing the same job for another employer. The job will automatically qualify as meeting the skill level for Tier 2. But if you are switching to a new employer, they must carry out a resident labour market test before they can sponsor you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by KindlyHelp1: 2:16pm On Jul 15, 2021
justwise:

Oh well....we all hear that everytime but we also know the truth, Nigeria is good my backside.

@ elders in the house ,
Please how do one migrate to Uk
What is the easiest way .
Please I need details
Please
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by justwise(m): 9:01am On Jul 17, 2021
KindlyHelp1:

@ elders in the house ,
Please how do one migrate to Uk
What is the easiest way .
Please I need details
Please

Through education or work visa if you have the qualification and experience
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Cousin9999: 9:41am On Jul 17, 2021
Arguably, the easiest way is seasonal work (typically resorts and hotels) or probably medical work. That generally applies to most countries.

Canada has the LCP program, but I think it's better for a female. I mean I guess a guy could be desirable if they have training and experience caring for sick or elderly. But I don't know how easy it is to get this while abroad. Check for a thread that discusses it in detail. Some employers take good care of employees (e.g., help you bring your kids, comfortable schedule, good pay, free apartment, etc). I suppose they recognize how hard it is to find a good employee to do it, so it's like they try to bribe you to stay.
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2021
Cousin9999:
Arguably, the easiest way is seasonal work (typically resorts and hotels) or probably medical work. That generally applies to most countries.

Canada has the LCP program, but I think it's better for a female. I mean I guess a guy could be desirable if they have training and experience caring for sick or elderly. But I don't know how easy it is to get this while abroad. Check for a thread that discusses it in detail. Some employers take good care of employees (e.g., help you bring your kids, comfortable schedule, good pay, free apartment, etc). I suppose they recognize how hard it is to find a good employee to do it, so it's like they try to bribe you to stay.
canada lets in many people as refuges from usa. Majority of them do care giver work, they also gave people who have done it for a year permanent residency of recent including those whose assylum failed. It is not hard finding employees as you stated pr believe. Stop making assumptions based on what u read online
Re: Urgent Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee How To Obtain A Uk Work Permit? by Edigrows: 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2021
You could be a student while working in UK and get work visa easily so Why not apply as a foreign student? International students studying remotely because of the pandemic are eligible to apply for the new post study work visa provided, I read it somewhere here
https://www.themigrationhq.com/2021/03/uk-post-study-work-visa-2021-all-you.html

(1) (Reply)

. / Living In Germany/life As A GERMAN Immigrant / Container Truck On Fire Along Apapa Expressway And Agege Motor Road (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.