Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,752 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas (18780 Views)

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja / Download Last Flight To Abuja To Your Phone / Last Flight To Abuja (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2012
Lemme re-phrase, I watched it at Genesis Cinemas in Enugu. Horrible picture!
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 08, 2012
Now I have time for you guys.
Myopic nairalanders with their myopic comments!!!
Now listen and learn. When they tell you that a movie is grossing certain amount, it doesn't mean that is the returns of the movie.
What they are trying to say is within a specific period of time and circumstances, the movie has made this amount and no tax has been deducted cos its still trending. Now tell me, which year was 'mirror boy' premiered? It's just barely a year. And it only premiered in the UK, Gambia, Nigeria and I think Ghana. Now for it to make $150,000, in just 3 countries within a period of one year...anybody who knows what is what will consider that impressive.

Cos,
1. the film will obviously get another theatrical re-run at the cinemas again.
2. The movie is no where near world premiere cos it has not yet premiered in other major countries with high viewership of Nollywood movies like South africa, Zambia, Tanzania, US, Ukraine etc...(though they are working on it. Infact, I think it will premiere in SA later this year).
3. When they are through with the premiers, it will be shown at the cinemas in the new countries as well. And if people love the movie, it might get a re-run 2 or more times(depends).
4 then the movie will be released on DVD.
Now do your calculations. As things are going, this movie(mirror boy) might be a box office hit.

and I wonder where nairalanders get there own info which is never complete, where did you see a movie being regarded as a failure when it was premiered the year before? And it is not yet even through with its premieres? LOL
and again where did you derive your info that a movie must reach a million dollars to be called a success? If you must know, box office success or flop is subjective....your RETURNS will be compared to the BUDGET, the hype the movie has gotten, the promotion costs etc....and if the return(no matter the millions) is lower than the budget, then the movie is an automatic failure! Again, even if the movie meets up with the budget but it is ridiculous to what is expected considering the hype the movie has gotten; then it is still a failure
. Kai....I tire for u guys sha. Mtcheew.
SimonAndal: Lemme re-phrase, I watched it at Genesis Cinemas in Enugu. Horrible picture!
No one should mind this fa/g, its so obvious he is lying.
My advice is; you jst need to try harder cos you don't sound convincing, you rather sound stupid.
You can prove me wrong anyways.

1 Like

Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 6:30am On Aug 08, 2012
SimonAndal: I'm watching the movie now. No! No! No! No! Noooooooo!!!!!!
This is the worst picture I've ever seen!!! Nooooooo!!!!
This is worse than a video played on a java phone!!!!! Please don't waste your money!
Arri ko, Alexa ni!
SimonAndal: Lemme re-phrase, I watched it at Genesis Cinemas in Enugu. Horrible picture!

speedyboi:
No one should mind this fa/g, its so obvious he is lying.
My advice is; you jst need to try harder cos you don't sound convincing, you rather sound stupid.
You can prove me wrong anyways.

Speedyboi na wa for the guy, no idea what he watched but he definitely has NOT seen the film Last Flight To Abuja - Java phone ko, java phone ni.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 9:02am On Aug 08, 2012
Why all the name-calling? I told what I experienced when I went to see mine. Did you see it with me? Smh @ some people running their mouth without verifying the facts that caused them to run said mouth.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 11:33am On Aug 08, 2012
SimonAndal: Why all the name-calling? I told what I experienced when I went to see mine. Did you see it with me? Smh @ some people running their mouth without verifying the facts that cause them to run said mouth.

I deliberately called you that cos that's what you are; or are you not proud?
I also said you are stupid cos I wonder why you must condescend to the extent of lying cheaply on an anonymous forum just to condemn. Smh for you too sef.
VillageBoi:

Speedyboi na wa for the guy, no idea what he watched but he definitely has NOT seen the film Last Flight To Abuja - Java phone ko, java phone ni.

Thanks. Lol....na for nokia 3310 hn watch am na
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 08, 2012
Oh no, I'm not smh-ing at the f@g calling, just at the silly calling. I told you what I experienced yesterday at Genesis Cinemas in Enugu while watching said movie.
And bt dubs, the chroma-keying was just horrible. You could see white halos around the keyed objects. I was, to say the least, utterly disappointed. But that's my opinion.
It's a good plot though. Solid even. But horrible cinematography.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
SimonAndal: And bt dubs, the chroma-keying was just horrible. You could see white halos around the keyed objects. I was, to say the least, utterly disappointed. But that's my opinion.
It's a good plot though. Solid even. But horrible cinematography.

Is the chroma-keying in the film substandard? Yes! We can nit-pick the film to the end, however, as you mentioned it was a very good plot. Yes it has a lot of flaws but the cinematography is definitely NOT one of them. The VFX yes but not the cinematography as that was really lovely. A brilliant effort from everyone involved in it. I was at the London Premiere and that evening they were still working on the edit - that is no excuse for bad VFX; with time I guess they will hire better professionals to carry out such tasks.

You have to admit that in the last couple of years or so some Nollywood filmmakers have taken a massive leap forward. Rome wasn't built in a day so even better things WILL come out of Nollywood.

Dude, filmmaking is very, very hard to get perfect; I know that from making short films. Even if someone makes a film that is utter crap we should still try to respect the 'effort'.
Sorry to hear you were 'utterly disappointed'... maybe next time!
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 3:40pm On Aug 08, 2012
I'm not saying the film's a bad one, far from it. It has single-handedly raised the bar for Nollywood. It's a break from, and maybe because of it we'll stop seeing, the juju and demonic crap that's been the norm in Nollywood. But a bad c.to is a bad c.to.
The only part of the c.to I loved was when the plane was taking off. And really, is that how our planes look? Dark and stuffy, like the inside of a condemned Coal City Shuttle? Maybe I've been entering the "wrong" planes.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by ijebabe: 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2012
VillageBoi:

Is the chroma-keying in the film substandard? Yes! We can nit-pick the film to the end, however, as you mentioned it was a very good plot. Yes it has a lot of flaws but the cinematography is definitely NOT one of them. The VFX yes but not the cinematography as that was really lovely. A brilliant effort from everyone involved in it. I was at the London Premiere and that evening they were still working on the edit - that is no excuse for bad VFX; with time I guess they will hire better professionals to carry out such tasks.

You have to admit that in the last couple of years or so some Nollywood filmmakers have taken a massive leap forward. Rome wasn't built in a day so even better things WILL come out of Nollywood.

Dude, filmmaking is very, very hard to get perfect; I know that from making short films. Even if someone makes a film that is utter crap we should still try to respect the 'effort'.
Sorry to hear you were 'utterly disappointed'... maybe next time!
You never stop to amaze me.
You're definitely not a village boy!
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by semid4lyfe(m): 7:31pm On Aug 08, 2012
Speedyboi and villageboi, names are too similar and I'm always mixing up the two
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 7:33pm On Aug 08, 2012
SimonAndal: I'm not saying the film's a bad one, far from it. It has single-handedly raised the bar for Nollywood. It's a break from, and maybe because of it we'll stop seeing, the juju and demonic crap that's been the norm in Nollywood. But a bad c.to is a bad c.to.
The only part of the c.to I loved was when the plane was taking off. And really, is that how our planes look? Dark and stuffy, like the inside of a condemned Coal City Shuttle? Maybe I've been entering the "wrong" planes.

Cool. I'm just glad we can take some positive things from the film. It seriosly did raise the bar; especially in terms of story-telling. Lol bros na kpako planes we dey enta na... but e betta than Coal City Shuttle lol.

ijebabe:
You never stop to amaze me.
You're definitely not a village boy!

Hmmmmmm, now what did I do to amaze you? Trust me, mine villageism knows no bounds wink
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2012
semid4lyfe: Speedyboi and villageboi, names are too similar and I'm always mixing up the two

Na my brother from a different mother!

You can't mix us up... he is the 'fast' one, I'm the 'bush' one... simples.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 09, 2012
VillageBoi:

Na my brother from a different mother!

You can't mix us up... he is the 'fast' one, I'm the 'bush' one... simples.
Lol...no we only exchanged our names, I'm the bush one, you are the fast one.
semid4lyfe: Speedyboi and villageboi, names are too similar and I'm always mixing up the two
Lol...I hope you guys won't start saying na d same person oooo.
Bt I also noticed it! We post almost in the same manner. But we are brothers, jst like he said wink
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 12:37am On Aug 09, 2012
But personally; though the vfx is not wow, but I don't fault it like you guys are putting it Meanwhile, the cinematography was awesome!!! If anyone questions that, he didn't watch the movie.

1 Like

Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 3:00am On Aug 09, 2012
speedyboi: But personally; though the vfx is not wow, but I don't fault it like you guys are putting it Meanwhile, the cinematography was awesome!!! If anyone questions that, he didn't watch the movie.

Ok, I had to click 'like' on your post. The cinematography was very, very high putting the bar on something!
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by ijebabe: 12:52am On Aug 10, 2012
According to the film producer, Obi Emelonye, Last Flight is the No. 2 film in West African cinemas cheesy

1 Like

Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 1:05am On Aug 10, 2012
So who has watched it? Was the dialogue good? Storyline?
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 1:11am On Aug 10, 2012
stillwater: So who has watched it? Was the dialogue good? Storyline?

Need ask? Anyway it was way above the 'norm' for Nollywood. If it were an issue we'd would have said so.
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by Nobody: 1:33am On Aug 10, 2012
Lol....please can someone hint me what were in those hidden posts....I'm curious considering the number. Lol. Nl always surprise me
Re: 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas by VillageBoi(m): 1:43am On Aug 10, 2012
speedyboi: Lol....please can someone hint me what were in those hidden posts....I'm curious considering the number. Lol. Nl always surprise me

That was moi and some guy, can't remember his name. He posted a massive g.a.y pic filled advert with a male hooker that had a 5 inch thingy and I asked why post here and not open a new thread since that's his kind of thing. Thankfully the mods 'killed' it. I mean we're trying to have a film convo here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Harry Potter Fans ♥:THE EPIC FINALE:*JULY 15TH 2011* the Deathly Hallows-Part2! / #bbnaija: Cee-c’s Elder Sister Blasts Haters / Burna Boy, Teni, Zlatan And DJ Neptune Set To Perform At Bbnaija 2019 Premiere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.