Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,252 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? (1426 Views)

Which Is The Greatest/best Tupac Song? / Tupac Vs Biggie And The Bad Boys / Tupac (2Pac) Is Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Hobbynarh: 10:22pm On Aug 05, 2012
I was listening to Lil Wayne's "Mr Carter" ft jay-z where he said "when you mention 2pac, Biggie and Jay-Z remember to mention Lil Wayne". This got me wondering if Jay-Z could possibly be the man of the moment, though the track was released years back.

it pple lik dr. Dre, Eminem,lil wayne,rick ross and odas still on d scene.
Lets just rub minds,who do u think rocks now.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Hobbynarh: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2012
I forgot to add dat i wud opt for rick ross any time,dnt knw abt u though
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 06, 2012
Biggie and Jay-z are OverRated New York Hype Jobs.....and Wayne is Garbage Lyrically

Big had the talent, but didn't live long enough to have the full career

1} Pac
2} Rakim
3} Big
4} Em(Prime Shady}
5} Nas

Jay-Z would not even be talked about had he not married Beyonce, his career was over after Nas Ethered him...

He used a marriage to get back in the public Eye of the Mainstream White Consumer.

As far as 2012...Who would be the top 5 out now....

List so hard to do, because its so many Trashy Artist out there.

I would Put Rick Ross GhostWriter at Number #1 right now though.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by mikuz(m): 10:30pm On Aug 06, 2012
Nas is next definately.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 4:16am On Aug 07, 2012
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Abagworo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
Its Nas then Jay-z. In the next generation I give it to Kanye, Lil' Wayne, Drake, Rick Ross. 50 Cent, DMX and Nelly are missing in action despite being the best selling due to lack of consistency. Lyrically Biggie is the greatest. I listened to "I got a story to tell" today and was like damn nobody can ever equal that. Rakim is another great lyricist but no commercial success. Eminem is a white joke to me. His songs lack that N word and black feel. I. Call him a punk rapper.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Hobbynarh: 9:06pm On Aug 07, 2012
Lil wayne started pretty well,won a couple grammys,made great sales bt suddenly lost it,probably due to his undecisiveness.....
Eminem on d oda hand remain a great rapper,great punchlines and not forgetting his longetivity bt lacks consistency,which is wre ROZAY holds sway.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 07, 2012
Pun was a Better Lyricist and Had a Flow Light Years Beyond Biggie...

cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leK2K1Pl6Ds
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Hobbynarh: 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ royal
Artiste's shudn't be judged by there performance on a track,over-all consistency is wat count
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 4:01am On Aug 08, 2012
My Criteria Is

Lyrical Content
Lyrical Creativity
Image Creativity
Flow
Great Song Production
Consistency
Longevity
Record Sales

I use many factors, because you can not just go by one

Like for exmaple...if it were just about record sales then Eminem would be Number 1

If it was just about Lyrical Creativity....then hell Canibus would be Number 1...

If it was just about Longevity and Consistency, then LL Cool J would be Number 1

So to avoid this^

I always use a criteria that encompasses everything to determine all around ability
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
~Royal~:
Biggie and Jay-z are OverRated New York Hype Jobs.....and Wayne is Garbage Lyrically

Big had the talent, but didn't live long enough to have the full career

1} Pac
2} Rakim
3} Big
4} Em(Prime Shady}
5} Nas

Jay-Z would not even be talked about had he not married Beyonce, his career was over after Nas Ethered him...

He used a marriage to get back in the public Eye of the Mainstream White Consumer.

As far as 2012...Who would be the top 5 out now....

List so hard to do, because its so many Trashy Artist out there.
cmon! I know guys hate jayz n all dat but d guy is a legend! Bleep whoeva thinks otherwise cos ur opinion means nothing! Did his marriage make him drop 11 no1 albums (more dan any other artist of any genre. Just second to d beatles) did his marriage make him sign d biggest record deal in us history(of any genre) with live nations. The dude is ur favourite rappers idol(in luda words) n ur here sayin dats all because he married beyonce! U fink beyonce wld marry him in d first place if he wasn't such a rockstar? Nas ethered him! Sure but he later came back to lick his as$. I'm not sayin Jay is the greatest...I'm just sayin he is one of d all time greats!
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Murphy7h4: 1:56am On Aug 10, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by alumnidoggz(m): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2012
grin grin d next will definitely b "the base god"
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by savedbreak: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2012
This shud make the first page
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Hobbynarh: 7:03am On Aug 13, 2012
savedbreak: This shud make the first page
u mean mukina page...lets talk hip hop nd forget doz pple jahre...
Nas can mak d list but rozay's fame is workin for him
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 13, 2012
Jay-z Is a Fhhucking Bum

He got Lyrically Outclassed and Dismantled on his Own Track by a Lyrical God

He embarrassed Himself by sounding so sub-par on this track While Em rapped Infinite Legacies Around Him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SjABsoVfgQ

Then, after he thought Em fell off...he tried to test him on The Track with JCole "A STAR IS BORN"

Making a subliminal reference to Em being old and washed up....

Then Em fired back with one of the greatest Subliminal Diss Records Ever, something this Camel Faced Coward Jay-z Has Yet Dared to even Try to Reply to..

Jay-z is Scared Coward who got Destroyed by Nas Tupac, and Eminem all in the same generation....not to mention Big was better than him To.

Bottom Line is, he was below every great Rapper of His own Generation....

Listen to this Murder. Eminem Slaughtered Jay with his Own Flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4GF6Y1yHzw

1 Like

Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by mikuz(m): 9:05am On Aug 13, 2012
Royal chill.
Jay z raps commercial. And you know commercial rappers are always overrated.
Re: Tupac, Biggie, Then Who? by slimghost(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2012
Tupac,Biggie,Rakim,Pig Pun,Nas and others

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid - Lamba Remix (freestyle) / Most Successful Young Celebrities In Nigeria / Planet Radio FM (internet Radio) Presenters Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.