Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered (24537 Views)

Help Me... My Mum Is Making Me Depressed. / I Think I Am Pregnant / My Baby Boy Is Six Months Old And I Am Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by papatosibe: 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2012
naijababe: OP, I empathise o, really do, but you'll have to buckle up both mentally and emotionally if you are going to be in this marriage for the long haul. A man who treats his wife like your hubby does when she's 9 months pregnant either has a heart of stone or is outright wicked. It does appear like you already knew but you made excuses for him, you have some serious thinking to do post birth.

Godspeed and best-wishes for your safe and sound delivery.

I like that line, sounds hmmmmmmmm grin

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Jonwesley(m): 3:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
I think you are just lazy, perhaps naive too and living in ur past. Ur first pregnancy, and the heavens must fall becos u claim ur husband isn't caring enough. The ladies wld obviously support ur naivety, but that won't help u anyway. Ur husband may not do all u said, becos he is what he is while u are a melancholy, who prods for trouble where non exists. Do u think it is better to be single? Do u not know what is is to be a wife? This is common among underaged or inmature ladies who expects their husbands to praise sing for them becos they don carry belle. Who sai, na u be the first or wetin? Abegi. There are more things u ve not said but only painted the facts that u want us to hear. I advise u brace up to ur marriage and avoid anything that cld create bad feelings and crack to ur marriage. Marriage is not a bed of roses, if u hear other pple's stories u will come and praise ur husband. Keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by JesusDWay(m): 3:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
@ Poster. Ask God to touch your husbands heart and make him see how much you really need him now. As it is, he really may not know how to do much of those things you are asking. You can furthermore talk to his mum, I want to believe she just may turn out right, at least pity you because its your first time. Don't drift away from him as you are planning, it can further widen the gap and won't be in the interest of all at the end of the day. I pray God gives you the wisdom to handle the situation IJN, remember, a wise woman buildeth her house. Do have in mind however, that this may be a maturing process for you, lessons to know how to handle more complex issues in life.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by SisiKill1: 3:53pm On Aug 08, 2012
Jonwesley: I think you are just lazy, perhaps naive too and living in ur past. Ur first pregnancy, and the heavens must fall becos u claim ur husband isn't caring enough. The ladies wld obviously support ur naivety, but that won't help u anyway. Ur husband may not do all u said, becos he is what he is while u are a melancholy, who prods for trouble where non exists. Do u think it is better to be single? Do u not know what is is to be a wife? This is common among underaged or inmature ladies who expects their husbands to praise sing for them becos they don carry belle. Who sai, na u be the first or wetin? Abegi. There are more things u ve not said but only painted the facts that u want us to hear. I advise u brace up to ur marriage and avoid anything that cld create bad feelings and crack to ur marriage. Marriage is not a bed of roses, if u hear other pple's stories u will come and praise ur husband. Keep quiet.
OP's husband. . .is that you? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
Jonwesley: I think you are just lazy, perhaps naive too and living in ur past. Ur first pregnancy, and the heavens must fall becos u claim ur husband isn't caring enough. The ladies wld obviously support ur naivety, but that won't help u anyway. Ur husband may not do all u said, becos he is what he is while u are a melancholy, who prods for trouble where non exists. Do u think it is better to be single? Do u not know what is is to be a wife? This is common among underaged or inmature ladies who expects their husbands to praise sing for them becos they don carry belle. Who sai, na u be the first or wetin? Abegi. There are more things u ve not said but only painted the facts that u want us to hear. I advise u brace up to ur marriage and avoid anything that cld create bad feelings and crack to ur marriage. Marriage is not a bed of roses, if u hear other pple's stories u will come and praise ur husband. Keep quiet.

what is up with this kind of mentality that strives for mediocrity - marriage is not a bed of roses but it is a sweet and blessed institution - look my parents had a sweet marriage and till tomorrow my mum is always saying she wishes all of us to have a marriage as wonderful and happy as her own, i'm old enough t remember my dad pampering my mum while she was pregnant - which one was cooking - this is someone born and raised in Nigeria and still cooked for his pregnant wife, took her out and bought her cards and flowers - I grew up thinking that is how marriage is - so all this "if you hear others you will be grateful"

WHY can't people aim to have a marriage full of love and happiness and challenges dealt with love and maturity instead of saying that a man that does not beat you is a demi-God
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Okijajuju1(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2012
Sisi_Kill: ^^^^ OP's husband. . .is that you? lipsrsealed

Hahahahaha!!!! I haff die!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Purely: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
Its really a pity what some women go thru in marriage. @heck, i pity ur wife.For you to be talking like this i know you re as mean and wicked as OP's husband. You better go to real men for training.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by obowunmi(m): 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2012
preciouso: Your story is so much like mine. I will tell you seriously, dont stress yourself! i learned the hard way, i lost my baby at d end of pregnancy and all the time i cant help ask myself o maybe the stress cause it. My hubby is no better now, even after the death of our own child he still acts d same. Cant get any compassion from him, he still wants me up cooking, cleaning, working, seeing to his every need without even considering my heartache. Its hard dear but you must pull through it, when your baby is born that baby will brighten your days. Divorce is not an option so dont mind them that advise you to leave, just learn to love yourself and your baby first and foremost. Takia sweetheart, pls go put your feet up today and rest for the 2 weeks. Wishing you safe delivery xx

What an advise. Were you raped as a child that you must stick with a man that doesn't love you? Are you kidding "divorce is not an option"

You have your whole life ahead of you and you choose to spend it bitter and in a loveless marriage....is marriage by force in Nigeria? Naa waa ooo

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by obowunmi(m): 5:22pm On Aug 08, 2012
Btw, if you love yourself enough, you will choose to leave a terrible marriage. What a life people are living.....yikes! Do they put a gun thru people's head to marry?
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by subzidi: 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2012
@ Post: I logged in to simply comment !! I can bet my left eye that the OP saw all the signs of uncaring attitude of her fiance now hubby before going into the marriage!! Like seriously, i wonder where some ladies meet these kind of men undecided Even when i'm not sick but prolly tired or something my hubby would drive us out to fastfood and would almost spoon feed me if care is not taken!And yes we are age mates and he still pampers me like rotten meanwhile i never get preggo you can imagine what will happen when that time comes!
All the qualities you listed that made you feel your hubby was God sent are mere basic qualities any MAN/most men have. At times we ladies do not tell ourselves the truth, like someone pointed in the post any man who was not caring to you b4 marriage will not start doing that overnight except by the grace of God or something. I have a good friend in a similar situation who recently got married to a guy we all knew something was wrong with! yet she went ahead to marry him all because she wanted to answer MRS.During their courtship, this babe had an accident on third mainland bridge and she called her then BF to help , story the guy did not show up neither did he come to hospital to visit her! Meanwhile the chic gave the bobo her car while she was joining a colleague b4 the accident happened! There are numerous instances of selfishness her then BF exhibited which i do not want to re-count. Now if this my friend gets preggo tomorrow and the bobo refuses to pamper her anybody that hears her gist would think the guy changed overnight without knowing he never loved her in the first place!
I remember the first row i had with my hubby which is stated on my thread! we were both miserable during the 3 day incommunicado!And the make up was funny as we were both incessantly apologising to each other! Sista Jenny kudos to you for talking sense into my skull then grin
It is too late now to expect him(ur hubby)to change try and endure and suck it all in and pray he changes but if he doesnt undecided! No pun intended!!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by wizb: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2012
@fantababy, I'm happy you have decided to forgive your husband and pamper yourself. Be happy for the sake your health and your baby's. The Lord will see you through. I wish you safe delivery.

If you need someone to talk to kindly PM me.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by poopppyLiillyy: 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2012
OMG!!!!!!!.....The Lord is Ur Strenght!!!...It shall be Well.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Enoquin(f): 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2012
@fantababy everyone has harped on everything, so mine is an aside. Kindly PM me, if you like reading. I would send you some of my very short stories...at least anything to take your mind off things.
Take care and Godspeed

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by mrperfect(m): 8:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
Commit it to prayer.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by tiptess(f): 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2012
@op. i am truly sorry about your situation. being in the pregnant state is not an easy fit, not with its aches and pains, it gets tougher when you find it hard to change positions espcially when in a lying position not to talk of having a man, with whom the pregnancy came to be, decide u must have the strength of a lion at all times, smh.

please men, learn to appreciate, care, understand and lend that helping hand when the need arises especially when your wife is pregnant. what happened to all the promises of i love you and will always be there for you.

@op, may the lord grant you safe delivery and may he be your strength. like you said, endeavour to make yourself happy. look forward to holding your baby its one of the best feelings in the world. am sure that by the time the baby is here, he will be literally drooling over the baby. cease one of those times to express how you feel about his behaviour. i wish you the best.

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Oluesther(f): 10:00pm On Aug 08, 2012
fantababy: @Chaircover,

Yes he is same person. Fiance turned husband now.

@2mch, I can confidently say I have learnt how to handle my mood swings. I am a very learned person and read books to help make me a better person. Directing him to this page is no good, he never admits wrong. He is ever right! Catch him red handed with another lady, and he would turn the tables at you. And you would end up being the one crawling and begging.

This is very touching.
Why did U then marry him since U knew he was like this? The deed has already been done. So endure him, cos he can't change as U have admitted. Just try to make Urself happy.

God is Ur strenght. I wish U a very safe delivery. May God be with U. Cheers!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Oluesther(f): 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2012

Sounds like the op's hubby. May God help U, cos U're heading the wrong direction. May God help U and Ur kind. U mean U can't pity a pregnant woman in her condition? U don't deserve a wife and children. Rubbish!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Oluesther(f): 11:07pm On Aug 08, 2012
uyogabie: My dear,you are not alone!sounds exactly like like what ive been going Through.The only difference is that I have three kids now and went through same and even worse.I got used to it after the first one and learnt alot.I have God as my sole companion as no one will understant exactly how it feels.Do things that will bring you joy and try as much as you can to ignore his attitude,just overlook it and focus more on your baby.That will be your prize.My last babies,i had twins,was it fun?hell no!I did all my chores,drove myself,cook for him and his friends.At the end,i had a very high BP.he didnt even give a hoot.His Sisters came around to help with the kids and my!did she give me hell!i was so depressed and heartbroken it's a wonder i didnt loose my mind.I guess some of us arent so lucky.You'll pull through my dear.the Lord is your strenght!

This is not about luck, it is about looking at the wrong things like money(wealth), social status, handsomeness, peer and family influence, etc., and allowing them influence Ur decision about marriage. Marriage should be based on love, compartibility, etc.

Was that man the only suitor that came to U when U were single? I can never marry based on sentiments and because others are marrying. I've had two of such men, I told them off immediately I observed their true colour. Marriage is not by force. It is better to remain single than marry a loveless, not caring, abuser of a man; and suffer all the remaining days of Ur life.

Those of U in such marriages, the deed has already been done. Just pray to Ur God to help U, as the Bible does not support divorce.

Please singles, seek the face of God before U marry any man or woman. God will always help those that seek him, to make good choices in marriage.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by xpizzy(m): 6:54am On Aug 09, 2012
The responses of many people are so scary on this issue. It suggests that so many of us have no milk of human kindness. This Lady didn't ask to be judged by you Bigots she asked for opinions and advice. She doesn't deserve anyone's tirade here.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Purely: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2012
@jonwesley, you re a big shame to man-hood. I wonder how you treat ur mother and sisters if you have any. It a big shame dat a husband and father to be will regard a pregnant woman as being lazy, even when she still goes to work at this stage of her pregnancy. I stopped working entirely during my prenancy with d support of my husband whose concern was majorly on me and our unborn child.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by kay9(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2012
Enoquin: @fantababy everyone has harped on everything, so mine is an aside. Kindly PM me, if you like reading. I would send you some of my very short stories...at least anything to take your mind off things.
Take care and Godspeed

smiley
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2012
@ Poster

Please STOP playing the perfect wife!

Your concerns now should be the health of your child and not trying to ensure your husband goes to work with a lunch box! Isn't there any mama put close to his office? Why do you keep complicating things for yourself.

Listen, a man will only remain stubborn and strong headed if you let him.

Once in a while go all cr[i]az[/i]y on him so he'll know you can also be stubborn.

Dont, I repeat DONT, let a man get away with treating you badly, no matter what!

If he refuses to give you a pillow, snatch it from him and hit his head with it. tongue

If he refuses to put off the ac, switch it off yourself and break the controls to pieces. tongue

Yes you are tempramental, it's your right as a 9-month old pregnant wife!

Stubborn men only respect you when you show them your own strenght. Trust me, I'm talking from experience.

I belive that any woman can make her man into who/what she wants him to be. If you try the gentle way and it's not working, then get violent.

Remember this is only the beginning. When you have your child things will get tougher. You CANNOT cope with your husband if you keep letting him get away with all that.

Just my 2 cents!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2012
Mod All these pictures are distractions. My dear OP look at yourself again. The guy is right, you are not the first to get pregnant. remember this guy is marrying for the first time, you are also being a wife for the first time. You are the first babe he is living with in such strange mood swings. He is seeing your disfigured shape for the first time. He is trying to cope with his new experience, but you are not letting him. your man may not be the best of men, certainly he is not the worst. YOU NAG A LOT. The pictures you paint here brings my MADAM RIGHT WIFE to the fore. Your man gets moody too.

Pregnancy is challenging, no doubt. Being loved is different from being pampered. If he cooks for you today, any day he fails to cook, NTA will read it. In between your lines, I can read that he loves you. Only play boys pamper. Real men love and care. Drop that pampering demand please. the chase is long over. You are now husband and wife, not boyfriend and girlfriend. We have three kids, I can't remember ever boiling water for my wife; though we had a helper. Good, you often apologize after accusing him falsely that he is into extra marital game. Those who play about don't show the babes to their wives. Wake up. Melancholy or whatever is an academic path for sympathy. My grand mother who equally was, knew no such, yet coped.

Please may this be the only side advise you are seeking about your marriage. Never bring any third party into your home else prepare in time to join the long list of divorced babes. Start the pampering, may be he will learn. Any how, think of a helper and do not run your mouth. Good luck.

@ HECK

Please stop judging based on your own experience. You guys had help, she doesn't.

So if you didn't have any help and your wife was in the the hospital recovering from child birth you'll refuse to boil water

Are you sriously defending the hubby of not cheating? Do you know him? Usually when a wife suspects her hubby of cheating, even with no evidence, he most probably is. FACT!

Please don't compare your grand mother to a 21st century working woman. They both have very different stress levels!

I know some men will try to justify the OP's hubby's attitude, but just so you know, your wife may be opening a thread like this if she could!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 09, 2012
preciouso: Your story is so much like mine. I will tell you seriously, dont stress yourself! i learned the hard way, i lost my baby at d end of pregnancy and all the time i cant help ask myself o maybe the stress cause it. My hubby is no better now, even after the death of our own child he still acts d same. Cant get any compassion from him, he still wants me up cooking, cleaning, working, seeing to his every need without even considering my heartache. Its hard dear but you must pull through it, when your baby is born that baby will brighten your days. Divorce is not an option so dont mind them that advise you to leave, just learn to love yourself and your baby first and foremost. Takia sweetheart, pls go put your feet up today and rest for the 2 weeks. Wishing you safe delivery xx

You mean you are content and will continue to hope he sees the light? shocked This one na self-hate o.

Ujujoan: @ Poster

Please STOP playing the perfect wife!

Your concerns now should be the health of your child and not trying to ensure your husband goes to work with a lunch box! Isn't there any mama put close to his office? Why do you keep complicating things for yourself.

Listen, a man will only remain stubborn and strong headed if you let him.

Once in a while go all cr[i]az[/i]y on him so he'll know you can also be stubborn.

Dont, I repeat DONT, let a man get away with treating you badly, no matter what!

If he refuses to give you a pillow, snatch it from him and hit his head with it. tongue

If he refuses to put off the ac, switch it off yourself and break the controls to pieces. tongue

Stubborn men only respect you when you show them your own strenght. Trust me, I'm talking from experience.

I belive that any woman can make her man into who/what she wants him to be. If you try the gentle way and it's not working, then get violent.

Remember this is only the beginning. When you have your child things will get tougher. You CANNOT cope with your husband if you keep letting him get away with all that.

Just my 2 cents!

I don't know about this advice o, madman pass madman! Dude might actually beat her and claim she made him do it.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
naijababe:

You mean you are content and will continue to hope he sees the light? shocked This one na self-hate o.

I don't know about this advice o, madman pass madman! Dude might actually beat her and claim she made him do it.

He's already beating her EMOTIONALLY. The bad thing about that is that there's no evidence. How do you tell your mother-in-law that her son doesn't cook for you. She may hardly relate with that. But show her a bruise and he's in big trouble.

Beleive me, men know these things. Sometimes you beat them at their onw game.

The idea is making them see you less as the weaker sex. If they see strength in you, they'll think twice before they treat you badly.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ujujoan:

He's already beating her EMOTIONALLY. The bad thing about that is that there's no evidence. How do you tell your mother-in-law that her son doesn't cook for you. She may hardly relate with that. But show her a bruise and he's in big trouble.

Beleive me, men know these things. Sometimes you beat them at their onw game.

The idea is making them see you less as the weaker sex. If they see strength in you, they'll think twice before they treat you badly.

Agree that she being abused emotionally but why risk adding physical abuse to it especially when she's pregnant ? And how can you be sure the MIL will not takes sides with her son? She should just take care of no 1 (herself)first and avoid confrontation(s) with him until she delivers.
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2012
naijababe:

Agree that she being abused emotionally but why risk adding physical abuse to it especially when she's pregnant ? And how can you be sure the MIL will not takes sides with her son? She should just take care of no 1 (herself)first and avoid confrontation(s) with him until she delivers.

Obviously she has to deliver her baby first before she takes any action now. She let the whole rubbish go on for too long but it's never too late to correct it!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by kay9(m): 12:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ujujoan: @ Poster

Just my 2 cents!

This might just work. I know it'll work with me. The pillow part got me laffing though.

smiley I'm a lil stiff-headed myself; i'd want my wife bold enough to show me that i've offended her.
But make she no try am if i didnt do nothing o!!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
kay9:

This might just work. I know it'll work with me. The pillow part got me laffing though.

smiley I'm a lil stiff-headed myself; i'd want my wife bold enough to show me that i've offended her.
But make she no try am if i didnt do nothing o!!

Like I said . . . experience!

Of course she has to study her man first to determine if it'll work with him. Some men are just without conscience abeg!
Re: I Am Pregnant, Depressed And Want To Be Pampered by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
gboss4sure: Your story is very touching and I feel very angry eith your hobby, I advise that you take up the advices of the first commenter (ifyalways). Also if your mother inlaw is a nice woman as you said then get her to be with you, you need her more than before now. I understand how first pregnancy are to some women but that does not in anyway call for the way your husband is treating you. Just get your mother inlaw as she is a woman and can understand everything.

Also don't bury your problem, share it with your mother inlaw and trusted family members who your husband respect so that they will call him to order.

I concur with you wholeheartedly on this. Dear fantababy, since your MIL is a nice woman and your EDD is very near, please invite her over to come keep you company and also for some motherly advice and support.

Maybe when she notices your husband's attitude towards you, she will talk some senses into him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Yelling(shouting) At My My Partner? / At What Age Should Children Be Left To Sleep In Separate Rooms? / Ondo Wife Fought And Locked Husband For Maltreating Her In Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.