Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,934 members, 7,852,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online (830 Views)

Should I Accept This Big Job Offer? Pls Advice! / will Msc In Norway university make you get job faster in Nigeria / Msc In Petroleum Engineering. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online by Gods300men: 3:28pm On Aug 07, 2012
I am curently working in a MOC as a Mechanical technician, and currently possess a B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering. I am considering a Msc in Engineering but am confused about the course to follow. There are two identified options since I don't want to apply for a study leave.
1. Undertake the Msc in the Uk and shuttle between work (Nigeria) and school (UK)
2. Undertake the Msc online from a University in the USA.
seems really straight forward but how recognised is the USA Msc and the UK's?
How possible is it to do an online Msc? has anyone in the house done it and is using it?
Pls suggestions, advice and criticism are welcome
Re: Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online by AjanleKoko: 11:01am On Aug 08, 2012
Gods300men: I am curently working in a MOC as a Mechanical technician, and currently possess a B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering. I am considering a Msc in Engineering but am confused about the course to follow. There are two identified options since I don't want to apply for a study leave.
1. Undertake the Msc in the Uk and shuttle between work (Nigeria) and school (UK)
2. Undertake the Msc online from a University in the USA.
seems really straight forward but how recognised is the USA Msc and the UK's?
How possible is it to do an online Msc? has anyone in the house done it and is using it?
Pls suggestions, advice and criticism are welcome

The online option is better if you ask me. Shuttling can be really expensive, you know. Plus, as a mechanical technician, I doubt you would get the time off work to shuttle back and forth between the UK and Nigeria. A UK full-time program would definitely need you to be onsite.

As regards the genuineness of the programs: I know of Ohio State University (Masters in Industrial Engineering online), and Drexel University (various engineering masters degrees online). These are good schools. But those programs would be quite expensive.
Re: Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online by antitpiah: 11:23am On Aug 08, 2012
AjanleKoko:

The online option is better if you ask me. Shuttling can be really expensive, you know. Plus, as a mechanical technician, I doubt you would get the time off work to shuttle back and forth between the UK and Nigeria. A UK full-time program would definitely need you to be onsite.

As regards the genuineness of the programs: I know of Ohio State University (Masters in Industrial Engineering online), and Drexel University (various engineering masters degrees online). These are good schools. But those programs would be quite expensive.

Egbon, did you do your MS online? Just curious
Re: Pls Advice!! Engineering Msc In The UK Fulltime (shuttling) Or USA Online by Gods300men: 9:12am On Aug 10, 2012
Egbon Thanks sir,

(1) (Reply)

Advance Spreadsheet Design / tt / Has Anyone Recieved Any Message From Diamond Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.