Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon (12535 Views)

TEEN PATTI - Indian Poker / Teen Dies After 40-hour Diablo III Marathon PC Game..warn Your Kids!! / Taiwanese Teen Dies After Playing Diablo III For 40-hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Shaw007(m): 3:55pm On Aug 08, 2012
An Ohio woman has confiscated the Xbox of her 15-year-old son who was hospitalized fordehydration after spending at least four days in his bedroom playing the Modern Warfare 3 video game, WCMH TV reports.
Jesse Rawlins tells the NBC affiliate in Columbus that her son, Tyler Rigsby, emergedfrom his bedroom Tuesday morning after a marathon round of game-playing, and collapsed three times.
She says he became very pale and his lips turned blue.
"I was very scared. I thought he was going todie," she tells WCMH. "He just fell over three times."
The TV station quotes an emergency physician at a children's hospital as saying dehydration can lead to decreased blood pressure and a lack of adequate oxygen to the brain.
Rawlins, who says Tyler had only left his bedroom to use the bathroom, pick up snacks and take a quick shower, adds that both have learned a lesson the hard way.
She says Tyler was shaken by the ordeal, and didn't complain about his punishment.
"The Xbox is gone," she says.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/08/teen-hospitalized-with-dehydration-after-4-day-xbox-marathon/1#.UCQLxXmeAQA
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 4:11pm On Aug 08, 2012
His lucky he didn't die...

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Shaw007(m): 4:52pm On Aug 08, 2012
mkmyers45: His lucky he didn't die...
abi nOw
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Macrophage(m): 7:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
LMAO. At least he has a story.

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by onila(f): 8:16pm On Aug 09, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2012
When I was younger, I used to do 24 hours. What was I thinking?!
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR: When I was younger, I used to do 24 hours. What was I thinking?!
same here, gaming is irresistible and addictive.

3 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 09, 2012
Kids.
Manage yourself.
Embarrassing hardcores like myself.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 8:26pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR: When I was younger, I used to do 24 hours. What was I thinking?!
Played Football Manager for 32 hours some years ago..then i had momentum.

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by jude33084(m): 8:28pm On Aug 09, 2012
I beg na who be τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ plumber of ∂ girl?

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 09, 2012
Dude's an amateur! His mates played and died. Lol.
On a more serious note, which mum will let her kid stay in his room for a four-day stretch? Definitely not mine.

3 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by TheGeneral1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 09, 2012
The mother is irresponsible!
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Ufeolorun(m): 8:35pm On Aug 09, 2012
I could remember going on for long as well just cos i didnt know how to save (I was new to gaming but not any more)this particular game on the memory card of the ps2 then, so i decided to kuku go on and finish the game though not at a stretch cos I took breaks - to bed e.t.c cheesy cheesy
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ifyalways(f): 8:36pm On Aug 09, 2012
Bad parenting. Hope they both learnt from this.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by CLIQBOY(m): 8:37pm On Aug 09, 2012
the guy na the REAL GAME BOY

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2012
mkmyers45: Played Football Manager for 32 hours some years ago..then i had momentum.
That game is addictive, mann.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 09, 2012
The boy didn't follow the required procedures. If you want to play a game for 4 days straight, you get supplies (food and drink ) around you before you begin. You don't just start without planning first.

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
Billyonaire: same here, gaming is irresistible and addictive.
Yeah. Thank heavens I got over it.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ArQueBusieR(m): 8:46pm On Aug 09, 2012
SimonAndal: Dude's an amateur! His mates played and died. Lol.
On a more serious note, which mum will let her kid stay in his room for a four-day stretch? Definitely not mine.
Japanese hikikomoris' spend the best part of their youth playing games in their bedrooms.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 09, 2012

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Chubhie: 8:50pm On Aug 09, 2012
Na Nepa dey give me forced break back then....

4 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
irresponsible mother, na only seize she seize am?.if na my mama, she go break am for ya front like biscuit...SWEET MOTHER

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by CeaserB: 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
Gaming is fun if you plan your time wisely. I'm in my 20s and I still love video games. From Sega Genesis to Mega Drive 2 to Nintendo 64 to Playstation 1, 2 and now I'm on 3. I don't like X-box. The longest stretch I've gone is 13 hours of gaming even as a kid. My eyes went red and I couldn't feel my hands it was dry like a stick.
I still play a lot of games when I want to at least 4 hours a day and at most 8 hours. I just can't stop it. It's an addiction even my girlfriend complains about it.

3 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ACM10: 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Una don see the merits of constant power interruption in Nigeria. grin

4 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by jereal(m): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Ufeolorun: I could remember going on for long as well just cos i didnt know how to save (I was new to gaming but not any more)this particular game on the memory card of the ps2 then, so i decided to kuku go on and finish the game though not at a stretch cos I took breaks - to bed e.t.c cheesy cheesy

lol...kinda reminds me of retro gaming (NES, SNES, Mega Drive...), when you always had to play from the 1st level,
the difference is that those games weren't as lengthy as ps2 games...guy you really try O...lol

1 Like

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by sweetcocoa(f): 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2012
The General: The mother is irresponsible!
Now that's you being very nice and putting it very mildly.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ACM10: 8:59pm On Aug 09, 2012
Me and my friend once played Pro-evolution soccer for 24hrs some years ago
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by jereal(m): 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
Yeah. Thank heavens I got over it.

...and is that supposed to be a good thing...?undecided

...games are getting better by the day, I don't wanna ever be like you...!grin

2 Likes

Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
ArQueBusieR:
That game is addictive, mann.
Yeah..i tell ya.maybe someday i go do 3 days straight for Guiness World Record
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
Wow! It seems that someone's yet to break my record of 10days on gaming. Well thank God 4 the boy.
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by mkmyers45(m): 9:03pm On Aug 09, 2012
jereal:

...and is that supposed to be a good thing...?undecided

...games are getting better by the day, I don't wanna ever be like you...!grin
Preach brother
Re: Teen Hospitalized With Dehydration After 4-day Xbox Marathon by ebamma(m): 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
na over feeding cause am,the time were i dey small the only game were
i been dey play na hide and seek

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Strange But True / Biggest Video Gaming Markets In Africa In 2017, By Revenue / Millionaires Club Football Pool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.