Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:55 AM

Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible (1284 Views)

Where Is It Written In The Bible That Masturbation Is A Sin???? / Unbelievable The Name Of Jesus Mysteriously Written In The Sky By An Unseen Hand / Where Is 'Let The Poor Says I Am Rich' Written In The Bible-joel 3:10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by dot2002(m): 12:51am On Dec 19, 2007
The notion that God made Eve from Adam is so so tenet to creation in the bible, rather in the real world its the opposite way round i.e women give birth to male and female. so why was it so hard for the writer of the book genesis to know or at least acknowledge this was the case or is it the case of gender bias.

Adam and Eve's children as bizzare and incredible as it seems had sex with one another or should we say there were other early men and women all around the world not mentioned in the Bible, perhaps separately created if these is not the case, it is conceivable the human race would have been wiped out due to inbreeding and the utopia Garden of Eden must have been somewhere in Avokuta, Kogi state.
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by IDINRETE: 1:32am On Dec 19, 2007
CREATION AS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, JUST LOADS OF HORSESHIT AND CRAP,

NOT ONLY THE CREATION STORY, slavery story, war story, circumcisions story, killing all children and women and sparing the virgins to be ravished and devoured by sex-starved yahweh armies of israelites,  grin grin grin grin grin grin

i cannot imagine or believe that an omniscient, omnipotent or a benevolent god [yahweh/jehovah] could have been responsible for all those atrocities and absurdities stories in the bible, SO MUCH FOR INSPIRATION OF GOD

the bible is just one of the myths and  fairy tale books that a sane and logical person should not take serious

how can a sane god [yawheh/jehovah] justify slavery and raping of virgins,

creation story in the  bible was borrowed, plagiarised, stolen from ancient sumerian and mesopotamia traditions and legends
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by Nobody: 1:40am On Dec 19, 2007
IDINRETE:

CREATION AS WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE, JUST LOADS OF HORSESHIT AND CRAP,

NOT ONLY THE CREATION STORY, slavery story, war story, circumcisions story, killing all children and women and sparing the virgins to be ravished and devoured by sex-starved yahweh armies of israelites, grin grin grin grin grin grin

i cannot imagine or believe that an omniscient, omnipotent or a benevolent god [yahweh/jehovah] could have been responsible for all those atrocities and absurdities stories in the bible, SO MUCH FOR INSPIRATION OF GOD

the bible is just one of the myths and fairy tale books that a sane and logical person should not take serious

how can a sane god [yawheh/jehovah] justify slavery and raping of virgins,

creation story in the bible was borrowed, plagiarised, stolen from ancient sumerian and mesopotamia traditions and legends

awwww,
sorry ehn, no vex

na Yes or No you for just talk.
e con be like say people wey you know suffer during that period
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by uspry1(f): 1:48am On Dec 19, 2007
Your question has been the same question for years and years for next generations to next generations.

Still the same argument about the biblical vs science (evolution) i have been heard over and over and over. Here is someone wrote his own theory/belief/opinion of "WHY WE BELIEVE IN CREATION" on the followed link at below that I assume better explanation than me.

http://www.origins.org/articles/bohlinray_believecreation.html

By the way everyone has entitled to share their own opinions about "WHY WE BELIEVE IN CREATION".
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by IDINRETE: 1:51am On Dec 19, 2007
khai_khai:

awwww,
1. sorry ehn, no vex

na Yes or No you for just talk.
2. e con be like say people wey you know suffer during that period

Why i no go vex,   i dont know if you have a daughter who is a virgin or not, imagine someone raping her and then he tells you that the order is from god yahweh/jehovah because you refused him to pass through your property, just tell him to bring the dowry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

is that all you have for your line of reasoning on the thread?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by Nobody: 2:38am On Dec 19, 2007
IDINRETE:

Why i no go vex,  i don't know if you have a daughter who is a virgin or not, imagine someone raping her and then he tells you that the order is from god yahweh/jehovah because you refused him to pass through your property, just tell him to bring the dowry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

is that all you have for your line of reasoning on the thread?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

my simple answer to the question is NO, I do not believe in the creation story. .

But I won't go into any emotional tirade about raping of virgins, and the evils of the times.
that would be something for you on another thread that makes it a topic.
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by IDINRETE: 4:08am On Dec 19, 2007
khai_khai:

my simple answer to the question is NO, I do not believe in the creation story. .

But I won't go into any emotional tirade about raping of virgins, and the evils of the times.
that would be something for you on another thread that makes it a topic.

yes thats your own simple answer, what has that got to do with my own answer?

why not? are the rapings of virgin and the evil of the times, sanctioned by yahweh aka jehovah not part of the Torahic and biblical absurdities 

emotional tirade grin grin grin grin grin grin why wont i get emotional, when that filthy book[bible] is considered as an inspired word of god
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by tomX1(m): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2007
When one realy belives in an omini-potent, omini-present and omini-scient God who has no beging and no end, then beliving in his work of creation is realy a small step isn't it.

When you also consider that the bible tells us that a day with God is like a thousand years with man then you wonder which time frame is realy used to tell the creation story and you may see how so many other concepts like evolution and stuff could easily fit in somewhere.

Well, we will get to understand some things better by-and-by.

There is a fictional novel call "The Rift" (I'm not too sure of the title or author anymore). It makes a great reading and show's how many of the mysteries of science that seems to go contrary to the bible might actualy support the bible depending on your point of view.
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by jagunlabi(m): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2007
IDINRETE:

emotional tirade grin grin grin grin grin grin why wont i get emotional, when that filthy book[bible] is considered as an inspired word of god
The book is actually the true word of God.Not that pervert called yahweh that went berserk and rampaged through the pages of the OT is whom i am referring to as God o!No,siree!
The true GOD never participated in any event in that book,except direct the way it was put together from the outside with a special purpose in mind.
And that purpose was to reveal - through deliberate inclusions of contradictions - to mankind that;

The biblical god was not,is not,and will never be the true God.He is just too violent and brutal to be a loving God as christians claim(contradiction 1).
He has the morals and ethic of a barbaric neanderthal.Not fit to worship,at all!

You will notice that the bible did absolutely nothing to hide the barbaric nature of yahweh.Quite on the contrary,it chronicled in full detail,all the evil attributes of this brute of a god for all mankind to see(atleast those who have eyes to see).
That was the true GOD working quietly and behind the scene,telling the world that,"THAT WAS NOT ME IN THAT DAMN BOOK!I AM NOT A BLOODTHIRSTY CREATOR GOD!"

Yes,the bible is truly the word of the TRUE GOD.
Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by Kuns: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2007
If the creation story of the bible is true, then God created Adam and Eve who begot Cain and Abel. Then who is the everyone Cain was refering too here in Genesis 4 : 14 considering in had killed his brother Abel?

"Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."

Also who are the Horites? Genesis 14: 6 "And the[b] Horites in their mount Seir[/b], unto El-paran, which is by the wilderness."
The Horites are not of the genelogy of Adam, where did they come from?

Believing is ignorance.

I know the creation story is a fabrication of the truth.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by jagunlabi(m): 5:45pm On Dec 22, 2007
Exactly!Another contradiction revealed by the true God via open contradictions in that book,and there are many of them.
Do you know how many christians have regained their sense of reasoning by thoroughly reading that book from front to back?
The bible is now a very important source of deconversion!WOW!
What a bizzarre irony!
Kuns:

If the creation story of the bible is true, then God created Adam and Eve who begot Cain and Abel. Then who is the everyone Cain was refering too here in Genesis 4 : 14 considering in had killed his brother Abel?

"Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me."

Also who are the Horites? Genesis 14: 6 "And the[b] Horites in their mount Seir[/b], unto El-paran, which is by the wilderness."
The Horites are not of the genelogy of Adam, where did they come from?

Believing is ignorance.

I know the creation story is a fabrication of the truth.

Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by oaroloye(m): 11:47pm On Dec 15, 2019
MISHIGAS!

dot2002:

The notion that God made Eve from Adam is so so tenet to creation in the bible, rather in the real world its the opposite way round i.e women give birth to male and female. so why was it so hard for the writer of the book genesis to know or at least acknowledge this was the case or is it the case of gender bias.

IT IS DISGUSTING HOW FOOLS LIKE YOURSELF SO EAGERLY THROW AWAY YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY, BECAUSE SOME IDIOTS APPROVE OF YOUR BEING LAZY AND UNINTELLIGENT THINKERS LIKE THEMSELVES.

The OYINBOS NEED to believe that there is no God- because, if they do not hold on to that belief, they should also have to believe that HELL IS REAL- AND! THEY! ARE! GOING! THERE!

They have done very terrible things in their Past and Recent History, so that, if they entertain the sincere Belief that God Exists, they should also have to believe themselves accountable for their Sins.

The bravado of Oyinbo Intellectuals is based upon very expensive PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELING and PSYCHIATRIC PHARMACEUTICAL STABILIZATION.

It is very foolish of the common man to adopt the Moral Stance of millionaires, who are on DRUGS, and retain the services of FIVE-FIGURE MENTAL HEALTH EXPERTS, to give them what passes for "sanity" with those people.

Also, they drink such quantities of ALCOHOL, their LIVERS are basically LEATHER FILTERS.

In some cases, their internal organs may not even be their own, any more.

EVE BEING CREATED FROM ADAM MAKES PERFECT SCIENTIFIC SENSE: ADAM BEING CREATED FROM EVE IS A SCIENTIFIC IMPOSSIBILITY.

Genesis 2 is describing CLONING- which only became possible several decades ago.

Only females can possibly be cloned from Human females. But both males and females can conceivably be cloned from Human males, because men have the chromosome necessary to produce both males and females.

It is therefore merely a matter of selecting which Chromosomes the cloner wants to express.

Fools like yourself need to learn how to read properly, because the first man and first woman were not BORN: they were CREATED.

If anyone wanted to create males and females by cloning, the procedure would be as described.

The Book of Genesis tells us that God can create and control Matter, Energy, Space, Time, and Life.

To repeat the process, similar Power must be utilized.

Foolish people argue that because women are not created from men after the first time, without Power, that it never happened with the Power, the first time.

That is utter stupidity!

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

The Bible is all about THE TEN DIVINE POWERS God has so generously shared with Man- and Mankind's apathetic ignorance and ingratitude in the face of tgem,-

dot2002:

Adam and Eve's children as bizzare and incredible as it seems had sex with one another or should we say there were other early men and women all around the world not mentioned in the Bible, perhaps separately created if these is not the case, it is conceivable the human race would have been wiped out due to inbreeding and the utopia Garden of Eden must have been somewhere in Avokuta, Kogi state.

RACIAL DIVERSITY WAS OBVIOUSLY CAUSED BY INBREEDING.

Therefore The Law of God decree that incestuous couples must be cut-off from their people is explained.

Obviously, Incest was not as dangerous as it is today. The Genetic Strength was surely stronger in-the-Beginning.

There was no danger the the Human race would be "wiped-out!"

It is a stupid idea that THE GARDEN OF EDEN might have been in WEST AFRICA, when the Scripture explicitly stated that four major rivers flowed from It- including the NILE and EUPHRATES.

THE FUNDAMENTAL POWERS OF GOD ARE THESE:

. THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. (Matt. 25.)

1. TOTAL RECALL.
2. EXTRASENSORY PERCEPTION.
3. TELEKINESIS.
4. TELEPORTATION.
5. TRANSLATION.
6-10. EVERLASTING LIFE.

Each Power requires successively higher levels of Spiritual Energy to activate and operate.

Every living creature receives a feed of Spiritual Energy packets at its birth, that enables it to live, and do the things of its species, all the days of its life.

When and if it dies, it has to give up a TOTAL RECALL account of how it used every packet of Life Energy. If it cannot do this immediately, its Memory Data is extracted by Brute Force, which fatally compromises the Soul's ability to enter the AfterLife.

The remnants of the Soul are fed on by Scavenger Entities, who harvest its last remnants of Life Energy.

[See: THE FIRE FROM WITHIN, by Carlos Castaneda.]

THE BIBLICAL COMMANDMENTS OF YAHWEH GOD CAUSE A SOUL TO ENHANCE ITS SPIRITUAL ENERGY RESERVES, TO THE POINT WHERE THE "TALENTS" ACTIVATE.

An imprint of God's Commandments to their species is given to every creature at its birth, so that it can do the things of its species. In the case of Human beings, we are attacked by a malevolent Spirit Entity species, who remove this imprint at our birth, and replace it with one of their own, which induces us to obey their commandments, enabling them to "hack" into our Soul Bodies, and steal our Life Energies on a daily basis, throughout our childhood and adolescence, so that, by adulthood, only about 1% of it is left.

They make sure that our Spiritual Energy reserves are too low to activate the Talents. If they are stopped from doing so for as little as three days, enough Spiritual Energy is restored, such that ESP begins to rehabilitate.

Any Spiritual Discipline can alter our Spiritual Energy signature so that it becomes unpalatable to these Devils.

[See: THE ACTIVE SIDE OF INFINITY, by Carlos Castaneda.]

It is not just that every person has the ability to acquire THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER: it is our duty; failing to achieve them is HIGH TREASON AGAINST GOD, and THE ONLY REAL SIN.

Whereas the Religious fools stare at my Posts like IDIOTS, saying:

"WHAT'S HE TALKING ABOUT? WHAT'S THIS GOT TO DO WITH US?"

When it is the ultimate proof of which Religions and Doctrinal Interpretations of Religions come from God, and which Religions and Doctrinal Interpretations come from The DEVILS.

Every Religion, and every Doctrine that does not acknowledge THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER is FALSE.

We know that The Bible God is not a liar, because HE GUIDES US TO ACHIEVE AND USE THE TEN TALENTS OF POWER. No other Religion offers that.

The Bible God does not simply make outlandish claims!

HE SHOWS US WHAT HAPPENED, AND HOW HE WORKED, SO THAT WE CAN KNOW WHAT THE TRUTH IS, AND DO THE SAME WORKS THAT HE WORKED.

When I bring this up in Atheists vs Christians Debate Groups, I do not merely get expelled from the Group, I get expelled from FACEBOOK. I have had like my fourth account closed by them, for exposing Atheism as a lie of the Devil to steal their Life Energies.

THE BIBLE IS NOT A BOOK OF THEORIES: IT IS BASED UPON PRACTICAL EXERCISES WE ARE SUPPOSED TO APPLY- NOT BABBLE AGAINST!

Therefore, when GENESIS 1 tells us how God created this World, and Its Heavens, WE are supposed to APPLY that Knowledge by *seeing* HOW God did it, and THEN DOING THE SAME THING, OURSELVES.

. JOHN 5:1-20.

After this there was
a feast of the Jews;
and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
2. Now there is at Jerusalem
by the sheep (market) a pool,
which is called in the Hebrew tongue
Bethesda, having five porches.
3. In these lay a great multitude
of impotent folk,
of blind, halt, withered,
waiting for the moving of the water.
4. For an Angel went down
at a certain season into the pool,
and troubled the water:
whosoever then first
after the troubling of the water
stepped in was made whole
of whatsoever disease he had.
5. And a certain man was there,
which had an infirmity
thirty and eight years.
6. When Jesus saw him lie,
and knew that he had been now
a long time (in that case),
he Saith unto him,

"Wilt thou be made whole?"

7. The impotent man answered him,

"Sir, I have no man,
when the water is troubled,
to put me into the pool:
but while I am coming,
another steppeth down before me."

8. Jesus Saith unto him,

"Rise, take up thy bed, and walk."

9. And immediately the man
was made whole,
and took up his bed,
and walked:
and on the same day was the Sabbath.
10. The Jews therefore said
unto him that was cured,

"It is the Sabbath Day:
it is not lawful for thee
to carry( thy) bed."

11. He answered them,

"He that made me whole,
the same said unto me,

'TAKE UP THY BED,
AND WALK.' "

12. Then asked they him,

"What man is that
which said unto thee,

'TAKE UP THY BED,
AND WALK?' "

13. And he that was Healed
wist not who it was:
for Jesus had conveyed himself away,
a multitude being
in (that) place.
14. Afterward Jesus
findeth him in the Temple,
and said unto him,

"Behold, thou art made whole:
Sin no more,
lest a worse thing
come unto thee."

15. The man departed,
and told the Jews
that it was Jesus,
which had made him whole.
16. And therefore did
the Jews persecute Jesus,
and sought to slay him,
because he had done
these things on
The Sabbath Day.
17. But Jesus answered them,

"My Father worketh hitherto,
and I work."

18. Therefore the Jews
sought the more to kill him,
because he not only had
broken the Sabbath,
but said also that
God was his Father,
making himself equal with God.
19. Then answered Jesus
and Said unto them,

"Verily, verily, I Say unto you,

'THE SON CAN DO
NOTHING OF HIMSELF,
BUT WHAT HE SEETH
THE FATHER DO:
FOR WHAT THINGS
SOEVER HE DOETH,
THESE ALSO DOETH
THE SON LIKEWISE.'

20. "For The Father loveth the Son,
and sheweth him all things
that Himself doeth:
and He will shew him
Greater Works than these,
that ye may marvel."

Our Self-Made Alternate Universes would be an important component of our Lives with God.

. MATTHEW 25:13-30.

13. "Watch therefore,
for ye know neither
the Day nor the Hour wherein
The Son of Man cometh.
14. "For The Kingdom
of Heaven
is as a man travelling
into a far country,
who called his own servants,
and delivered unto them
his goods.
15. "And unto one
he gave five talents,
to another two,
and to another one;
to every man according to
his several ability;
and straightway
took his journey.
16. "Then he that had
received the five talents
went and traded
with the same,
and made them
other five talents.
17. "And likewise he
that had received two,
he also gained other two.
18. "But he that had
received one
went and digged in the earth,
and hid his lord's money.
19. "After a long time
the lord of those servants cometh,
and reckoneth with them.
20. "And so he that had
received five talents
came and brought
other five talents,
saying,

'LORD,
THOU DELIVEREDST
UNTO ME FIVE TALENTS:
BEHOLD,
I HAVE GAINED
BESIDE THEM
FIVE TALENTS MORE.'

21. "His lord
said unto him,

'WELL DONE,
THOU GOOD
AND FAITHFUL SERVANT:
THOU HAST BEEN
FAITHFUL OVER
A FEW THINGS,
I WILL MAKE THEE RULER
OVER MANY THINGS:
ENTER THOU INTO
THE JOY OF THY LORD.'

22. "He also that had
received two talents
came and said,

'LORD,
THOU DELIVEREDST
UNTO ME TWO TALENTS:
BEHOLD,
I HAVE GAINED
TWO OTHER TALENTS
BESIDE THEM.'

23. "His lord
said unto him,

'WELL DONE,
GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT;
THOU HAST BEEN
FAITHFUL OVER
A FEW THINGS,
I WILL MAKE THEE RULER
OVER MANY THINGS:
ENTER THOU INTO
THE JOY OF THY LORD.'

24. "Then he which had
received the one talent
came and said,

'LORD,
I KNEW THEE
THAT THOU ART
AN HARD MAN,
REAPING WHERE
THOU HAST NOT SOWN,
AND GATHERING
WHERE THOU HAST
NOT STRAWED:
25. AND I WAS AFRAID,
AND WENT AND HID
THY TALENT IN THE EARTH:
LO, THERE THOU HAST
THAT IS THINE.'

26. "His lord answered
and said unto him,

'THOU WICKED
AND SLOTHFUL SERVANT,
THOU KNEWEST
THAT I REAP
WHERE I SOWED NOT,
AND GATHER WHERE
I HAVE NOT STRAWED:
27. 'THOU OUGHTEST THEREFORE
TO HAVE PUT MY MONEY
TO THE EXCHANGERS,
AND THEN AT MY COMING
I SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED
MINE OWN WITH USURY.
28. 'TAKE THEREFORE
THE TALENT FROM HIM,
AND GIVE IT UNTO HIM
WHICH HATH TEN TALENTS.
29. 'FOR UNTO EVERY ONE
THAT HATH
SHALL BE GIVEN,
AND HE SHALL
HAVE ABUNDANCE:
BUT FROM HIM
THAT HATH NOT
SHALL BE TAKEN AWAY
EVEN THAT WHICH HE HATH.
30. 'AND CAST YE
THE UNPROFITABLE SERVANT
INTO OUTER DARKNESS:
THERE SHALL BE
WEEPING AND GNASHING
OF TEETH.' "

God evidently has a habit of understating His Promises, in order not to overstrain our credibility. Whereas, Lord Yeshua was merely citing a parallel case, where an incident in History that The Spirit of God would have shown him illustrates how God Rewards His Faithful, Industrious Servants, and Punishes His Unfaithful and Lazy Servants.

God is not merely offering CITIES for Rewards, but WORLDS and UNIVERSES.

Whereas, the wicked and stupid like yourself declare that God has no right to expect such diligence from you, and all that He is entitled to is the return of His Stories, with no work done on them to verify and practicalize them.

Re: Do You Believe In Creation As Written In The Bible by objectivechrist: 5:57pm On Dec 16, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Real Fun In Church ! Usher Drunk In The Spirit Trying Do Offerings(video) / Why Honourary To Pastors??? / The Concept Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.