Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages (35866 Views)

Glo Newly Reduced 4.5GB Data Plan Price And It's Useable Both Day And Night. / Innjoo I2 Features & Image Reviews (pics) / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by zikclassiq(m): 8:17am On Aug 09, 2012
airtel4life

1 Like

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by alienware(m): 8:18am On Aug 09, 2012
Mtn are sneaky thieves ........ When u use modems u discover that mtn has a lesser coverage for hsdpa network and umts compared to etisalat, if there's no 3G you can rely on hspda network and its very fast, but mtn no get dat coverage at allllll. There are thieves u pay and then discover u cant use it afta a month, ur modem keeps blinking red an indication of edge network or gprs coverage

1 Like

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by MrFord1: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2012
u4nbl: I think it's time to go for Universal modems dat uses all d network

Just unlock your modem
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by princemedico: 8:19am On Aug 09, 2012
MTN is a very annoying, but even though i know that for a fact, i still somehow find myself getting stuck with them.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Dhelake: 8:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Decryptor: Na today? By the time they notice u and some others who have made this resolution are no longer subscribing, they'll find a way to hoodwink you with a "tweaked" fake irresistable offer and you will "nose-dive" into it, get ripped off in the process, and complain again! And the circle continues.
xo xo right
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by 2kurupt(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2012
Decryptor: Na today? By the time they notice u and some others who have made this resolution are no longer subscribing, they'll find a way to hoodwink you with a "tweaked" fake irresistable offer and you will "nose-dive" into it, get ripped off in the process, and complain again! And the circle continues.

A wise saying goes "you can fool some of the people, some of the time but you can't fool all the people, all the time"

The only thing still keeping me on their network is my line, let's see how they fare when number portability starts. They can only bribe NCC to delay but can't stop it

1 Like

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Funseeka(m): 8:24am On Aug 09, 2012
How many Nigerian owned businesses are surviving like MTN. Will you rather they go out of business? You talk about GLO, can u imagine a country like Nigeria with only GLO? It will be like Dangote and his group of companies ripping people like mad, needing graduates for driving jobs. . .lol

It is hell doing business in Nigeria. These guys are not father xmas and are not that typical greedy Nigerian company; they are only managing to survive. Go ask Richard Bradson of Virgin Nigeria what it is like doing business in Nigeria.

Thank God you have got alternatives; move on if you're pissed with MTN. Don't come here weeping and wailing

3 Likes

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2012
7k for 3gig? Who does that undecided seems this guys aint scared of competitors shocked, S.Africa feel they can play monopoly on us the way they are doing with DSTV/GoTV shey.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by menek(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2012
Dhelake: wen u'll get 260mb 4 1k on etisalat
pls, what's d code?
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by 2kurupt(m): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2012
alienware: Mtn are sneaky thieves ........ When u use modems u discover that mtn has a lesser coverage for hsdpa network and umts compared to etisalat, if there's no 3G you can rely on hspda network and its very fast, but mtn no get dat coverage at allllll. There are thieves u pay and then discover u cant use it afta a month, ur modem keeps blinking red an indication of edge network or gprs coverage

Actually HSDPA is superior to 3g/UTMS
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by hugafella(m): 8:29am On Aug 09, 2012
Mtn is just another name for 419. Simple. I have been on super saver package, thinking I had a good deal, when I recently discovered that they have been charging me for receiving calls. Makes me wonder if Mtn can ever give anything without strings attached. Such a stingy network .
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by cutievik: 8:30am On Aug 09, 2012
Kessyy2k4: I don warn u since, empty-hen just de try 2 scam us 4 dis country. Fake promo, win hundia x wit N100 subscpt dat never end. Pls guz let us al halla nooo... 2 ds cheatin frm ds scam network.
True talk bro true talk,dis Mtn guys r theives! They jst keep robbin us witout guns nd i guess hv bin victimize enuf so let me share U guys can't belive because of d nature of my Job i recharge a lot nd funny enuf most nite afa recharging i get to bed only to wake up wit little or no airtime left to use.It has become more of a custom nw frm my so called subscribed network MTN.Does anyone gotten same experience?
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by solgee(m): 8:32am On Aug 09, 2012
I love my Etisalat anyday anytime...so so fast
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by 2kurupt(m): 8:33am On Aug 09, 2012
Funseeka: How many Nigerian owned businesses are surviving like MTN. Will you rather they go out of business? You talk about GLO, can u imagine a country like Nigeria with only GLO? It will be like Dangote and his group of companies ripping people like mad, needing graduates for driving jobs. . .lol

It is hell doing business in Nigeria. These guys are not father xmas and are not that typical greedy Nigerian company; they are only managing to survive. Go ask Richard Bradson of Virgin Nigeria what it is like doing business in Nigeria.

Thank God you have got alternatives; move on if you're pissed with MTN. Don't come here weeping and wailing

If their services are crappy you say it for the whole world to hear. Have you ever heard of the word "consumerism"

2 Likes

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by denitro(m): 8:34am On Aug 09, 2012
Nigerians are suffering....
I am in Ghana and browsing and downloading at will without worrying about download limit.

Vodafone Internet in Ghana

Plan: Browser Max
Unlimited download allowance
Download speeds up to 2 Mbps, Upload speeds up to 512 Kbps
Up to 5 e-mail addresses on Vodafone’s domain e.g. username@vodafone.com.gh
Email storage space up to 50MB
Free static IP set-up on demand
Bundle offer; free and unlimited access to Vodafone internet cafes and wireless hotspots
Monthly tariff set at GHS 70 (N7,000)
Free installation with wireless router modem

grin grin grin

Keep on suffering
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 09, 2012
I neva go for MTN! Even when you pay N10000 to Mtn u won't hav a steady connection!.....Airtel is da BEST!!!!! 3.75G wow
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2012
This stupid network it's not their fault because no Airtel 3G in my area
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Nobody: 8:35am On Aug 09, 2012
Opoki:
who is this f00l?
Are there no gay dedicated web?
Boy, let this be the last time you derail threads with your stupidity or else i cast a spell on your libido and make it dead for life. Idiot!

GeeZus! Did you really have to quote it all? You're even worse than him. angry

@the MTN Bundles, I laugh in swahili, Airtel has got me hooked already. BTW, any update on the Time-Based plans?
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Bumbaybaby(f): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2012
Yes, thank God for Glo too.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by cardoso111(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2012
Glo is it!
I loaded 5k Glo to serve my internet life and calls as well.I got 5k bonus immediately and log on to my interent to last me 3 months.Meanwhile i still have many sms in between free too and 200 mb gift data.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by ariyebaba(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2012
#1000.................. *229*2*1#.................... 260MB

ETI-BABA !

1 Like

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by jude33084(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2012
fadeofresh: I was about to subscribe for the 3GB Night Plan only to find out that it has been discontinued www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/data-bundles . Before that I subscribed for their 20 hours 'Time Based' Plan but did not enjoy up to 3 hours of that before it started disconnecting frequently.The annoying thing here is even when you pay for it, you cant at least enjoy a steady connection.They wld one way or the other find a way to cheat or frustrate you...!

STOP COMPLAINING ƌ̲̣̣̣̥n̶̲̥̅̊d̶̲̥̅̊ CHANGE ♈☺uЯ line angry
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by semid4lyfe(m): 8:40am On Aug 09, 2012
I discovered the same thing 2 days ago when I tried subscribing for the 3GB Night plan and was I pissed angry

I mean how can they expect someone to pay N7000 for a 3GB plan. . .How?

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Echepet(m): 8:47am On Aug 09, 2012
THAT MTN NETWORK FOR U....NOTHING COMES EASY...THEY GIVE SMTIN,..IN RETURN THEY WIL COLLECT THERE STUFF BACK IN ANODA WAY...
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 09, 2012
u4nbl: I think it's time to go for Universal modems dat uses all d network
U̶̲̥̅̊ can unlock the existing one.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by purplekayc(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2012
2kurupt: Got the shocker when I tried activating a plan yesterday. This shall surely be the last time I subscribe to any empty-hen data bundle sad
Amd what happened?
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by mu2sa2: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2012
fadeofresh: I was about to subscribe for the 3GB Night Plan only to find out that it has been discontinued www.mtnonline.com/products-services/internet-services/data-bundles . Before that I subscribed for their 20 hours 'Time Based' Plan but did not enjoy up to 3 hours of that before it started disconnecting frequently.The annoying thing here is even when you pay for it, you cant at least enjoy a steady connection.They wld one way or the other find a way to cheat or frustrate you...!
We hav said it times without number that MTN are fraudsters. I dont understand why people are choosing to do business with them. Abi una get shares for MTN so una no want find alternative? All their promos ar 419: giv wt one hand, take back wt another hand- this data plan change is to take back d doubling of recharge they ar deceiving customer wt now. Well, if u hav money to waste keep MTN, its ur choice,Chikena.
Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by lawizle(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2012
2kurupt:

A wise saying goes "you can fool some of the people, some of the time but you can't fool all the people, all the time"

The only thing still keeping me on their network is my line, let's see how they fare when number portability starts. They can only bribe NCC to delay but can't stop it

Pls watz d meaning of number portability?

1 Like

Re: MTN Reviews Data Plan Packages by Decryptor(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2012
@2kurupt, why wait for number portabilty that may "never" come? Simply buy a SIM for an alternative network of your choice: btw N200 to N250 depending on the network operator, buy bulk SMS units of about N1K or N1,500 and send a notification to your friends and loved-ones who you call/call you frequently and notify them about ur new number telling them that the old MTN line will henceforth be unaccessible. Or if u really love ur MTN line so much, use it to merely recieve calls & use another ntwrk 2 callout

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Migg33; The Mobile Chatting Community. / What's A Blackberry Capable Of That An Android Phone Is Not / Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.