Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples (21814 Views)

Similarities And Differences Between Ilaje And Itsekiri / Some Similarities Between Ijaw , Urhobo And Itsekiri / Origin Of The Bantu Peoples: Eastern Nigeria/Western Cameroun? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by LordNaya: 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2012
@NRI PRIEST, THE AUTHOCHOUS IGBOS OF NRI I.E THE ADAMAS PRACTISE THIS NZE NA OZO TITLE TAKING WITH THEIR FELLOW AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS SPREAD ACROSS IGBOLAND. THATS WHY THE FOLLOWING AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS LIKE AWKA, ORLU, OKIGWE, MBAISE, ADAMA NRI, NKANU, OWERRI, OBOWO, NGWA, IBEKU UMUAHIA AND MANY MORE, CLAIM THEY ESTABLISHED THE TITLE AND THE VARIOUS IGBO CULTURES WITHOUT OUTSIDE INFLUENCE. Eze Nri was initiated and taught this rituals by the ADAMA'S an Igbo authochous group. It is vital you note that many Igbo towns even in delta and rivers state were founded by the descendants of this Igbo groups. So shut up, even a yoruba man that has read books on Igbo history knows about you culture after you.What a shame. If you doubt i will post an interview granted by the Eze Adama Ikenga Nri about the origin of Nri. IGBO WU OTU. AROCHUKWU IS NOT AN AUTHOCHOUS GROUP BECAUSE THEY MIGRATED FROM THE OKIGWE CULTURAL AREA IN IMO STATE AND THE IZZI AREA OF EBONYI STATE. DONT ENBARASS YOURSELVE IN PUBLIC. Ogwashiukwu in delta state was founded by an adama from Nri known as Adaigbo, Asaba was originally founded by Eze Anyanwu from Awka, Ndoni in rivers founded by an Owerri migrant and many more examples. So go and throw your distruptive tantrums else where.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by AndreUweh(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2012
Lord Naya: @NRI PRIEST, THE AUTHOCHOUS IGBOS OF NRI I.E THE ADAMAS PRACTISE THIS NZE NA OZO TITLE TAKING WITH THEIR FELLOW AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS SPREAD ACROSS IGBOLAND. THATS WHY THE FOLLOWING AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS LIKE AWKA, ORLU, OKIGWE, MBAISE, ADAMA NRI, NKANU, OWERRI, OBOWO, NGWA, IBEKU UMUAHIA AND MANY MORE, CLAIM THEY ESTABLISHED THE TITLE AND THE VARIOUS IGBO CULTURES WITHOUT OUTSIDE INFLUENCE. Eze Nri was initiated and taught this rituals by the ADAMA'S an Igbo authochous group. It is vital you note that many Igbo towns even in delta and rivers state were founded by the descendants of this Igbo groups. So shut up, even a yoruba man that has read books on Igbo history knows about you culture after you.What a shame. If you doubt i will post an interview granted by the Eze Adama Ikenga Nri about the origin of Nri. IGBO WU OTU. AROCHUKWU IS NOT AN AUTHOCHOUS GROUP BECAUSE THEY MIGRATED FROM THE OKIGWE CULTURAL AREA IN IMO STATE AND THE IZZI AREA OF EBONYI STATE. DONT ENBARASS YOURSELVE IN PUBLIC. Ogwashiukwu in delta state was founded by an adama from Nri known as Adaigbo, Asaba was originally founded by Eze Anyanwu from Awka, Ndoni in rivers founded by an Owerri migrant and many more examples. So go and throw your distruptive tantrums else where.
Must you insult him to make your opinion known. Stop it dude.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Donarozzi: 3:46pm On Oct 11, 2012
yoruba ruler :
@ NRI PRIEST. Please you an your co-travellers of questionable origin should stop giving we Igbos bad name. If you are Igbo then you would know that there is noting like real or fake Igbo, IGBO WU IGBO. I want you to know that the real Nri's ARE THE ADAMAS WHO WERE IN THEIR PRESENT LOCATION BEFORE MENRI MIGRATED FROM AGULERI. The authochous Adamas dont recall their origin but recall the period Menri migrated to the area and the time nri with his co-travellers were assimilated by them. The Adamas are also the aborigines of Oraeri, Adazi enu and Adazi nnukwu towns long before the arrival of Nri Ifiquanim Menri from Aguleri.They are the ones who appointed Eze Nri to serve as their ritual agent and taught Eze Nri the ritual rites they perfomed and the Igbo days and years counting which Igbos allover Igboland were already practicing. AS OWNERS OF THE EZE NRI TITLE, THEY DECIDE AS WELL AS CROWN WHO WOULD BE EZE NRI TILL TODAY. THEY ALSO INHERIT THE PROPERTIES OF EZE NRI UPON HIS DEATH, THEY CAN CHALLENGE THE PRONOUNCEMENT OF EZENRI IF IT CONTRADICTS THEIR BELIEVE, ADVICES EZENRI ON SPIRITUAL MATTERS AND ARE IN CHARGE OF HIS PROTOCOLS. Hence in Nri their is an adage which says ONYE FE NRI, NRI EFE ADAMA meaning if you honour Eze Nri, Nri would in turn honour the Adamas. This is because they appointed Nri as their spiritual agent. As Igbos they share similar culture and beliefs with other authochous Igbo groups across Igboland WITHOUT ANY IGBO GROUP INFLUENCING THE OTHER. Even in Aguleri aborigines are the okpu villages which are the most senior villages in Aguleri the home of Nri. When Eri the father of Nri migrated to the Aguleri He met the okpu people who are have established there long before his arrival.According to the oral history of the aguleris, ERI ADOPTED THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURES OF THE OKPU PEOPLE. THE BIG QUESTION IS SINCE ERI AND HIS GROUP ADOPTED THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF THEIR HOST THE OKPU PEOPLE, WHO ARE THE OKPU PEOPLE ? SINCE IT HAS BEEN SEVERALLY PROVED THAT THE OKPU PEOPLE ARE IGBOS,WHO SPOKE IGBO AND PRACTICE THE IGBO CULTURE FROM TIME IMMEMORIAL, WHAT WAS THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF ERI AND HIS GROUP BEFORE THEY WERE ASSIMILATED BY THEIR IGBO ABORIGINES ? The Okpu people control the most important diety in Aguleri till date.
Their are many authochous Igbo groups spread across Igboland which have given birth to many Igbo towns and communities within and outside the south east. SO ANYBODY THAT SAYS THEIR IS A FAKE AND REAL IGBOS IS A MISCHIEVIOUS IGNORAMUS WITH QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND WHICH SHOULD BE REBUKED,CASTIGATED AND CORRECTED BY ALL INTELLIGENT IGBOS. Mind you am good in Igbo history and i can clear your doubts with facts. You can read up this well researched article written by a professor in Igbo language and culture known as Politics of Igbo Origin and Culture at: groups.yahoo.com/group/AnambraForum/message/45010

The Eri/Nri people are one of the oldest Igbo groups. Eri was an Igbo man, not Igala. The territory of the Eri sub-group of Igboland is the Omambala and Enuani areas of Igboland on both sides of the River Niger. Many centuries ago, the southern half of today's Igala area were Igbo-speaking until the Igala people encroached down and absorbed various Igbo communities there through wars and forceful acts. These wars and instabilities caused numerous descendants of Eri Igbo communities in that area to flee southwards into the present Anambra location. To prove this point, listen to the oral tradition of Umunri/Umueri/Aguleri/Igbo Ukwu, etc. The oral tradition says that the Igbo and the Igala were speaking the same language some centuries ago, and that the Igbo and the Igala originated from the same source. What does this mean? It means that the Southern part of the present-day Igala was inhabited by Igbo people until the Igala raided the whole area and drove out many of the original Igbo settlers. So, when some Igbo communities say that they share ancestry with the Igala, they are recalling the time when a large portion of today's Igala area was inhabited by core Igbo people.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 6:56pm On Oct 11, 2012
Lord Naya: @NRI PRIEST, THE AUTHOCHOUS IGBOS OF NRI I.E THE ADAMAS PRACTISE THIS NZE NA OZO TITLE TAKING WITH THEIR FELLOW AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS SPREAD ACROSS IGBOLAND. THATS WHY THE FOLLOWING AUTHOCHOUS IGBO GROUPS LIKE AWKA, ORLU, OKIGWE, MBAISE, ADAMA NRI, NKANU, OWERRI, OBOWO, NGWA, IBEKU UMUAHIA AND MANY MORE, CLAIM THEY ESTABLISHED THE TITLE AND THE VARIOUS IGBO CULTURES WITHOUT OUTSIDE INFLUENCE. Eze Nri was initiated and taught this rituals by the ADAMA'S an Igbo authochous group. It is vital you note that many Igbo towns even in delta and rivers state were founded by the descendants of this Igbo groups. So shut up, even a yoruba man that has read books on Igbo history knows about you culture after you.What a shame. If you doubt i will post an interview granted by the Eze Adama Ikenga Nri about the origin of Nri. IGBO WU OTU. AROCHUKWU IS NOT AN AUTHOCHOUS GROUP BECAUSE THEY MIGRATED FROM THE OKIGWE CULTURAL AREA IN IMO STATE AND THE IZZI AREA OF EBONYI STATE. DONT ENBARASS YOURSELVE IN PUBLIC. Ogwashiukwu in delta state was founded by an adama from Nri known as Adaigbo, Asaba was originally founded by Eze Anyanwu from Awka, Ndoni in rivers founded by an Owerri migrant and many more examples. So go and throw your distruptive tantrums else where.
you made a good point here apart from the insult.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:03pm On Oct 11, 2012
mimifonwon: [/color][/color]

lmaooo who ever wrote this thing you posted on here must be high on drugs. guy you try sha with this fiction..chai i would give you an award, but i dont reward stupidity. anyone who hasnt studied igbo history would actually believe this nonsense, but your info its half baked, the igbos you speak of with aro origin a bit were slaves to the igbos, therefore they were called osu- outcast usually gotten during war as collateral. so my dear stop putting excerpts here without explaining the context. The first info i higlighted in red you falsified, cannot find it anywhere, so prove me wrong it has nothing to do with the link you put only the last part i highlighted in purple are part of that link. So next time know that there are people more tech savy than you, dont feed any body that their grandfather is traditional priminister that nonsense, cuz i know more about igbo culture than you could ever. btw am not even igbo.lmao.aint that sad a yoruba gal has to correct you. mtchewww inyamiri!! onye arolala!!
you have a serious mental problem. Though i don't support what the guy posted as history but you having an ngwa mother doesn't mean u know anything about igbo history. You're a novice in igbo history. Copy and paste is not good!
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2012
mimifonwon:
wait nri priest are you mad because it looks like i know more about your igbo culture than you...awww... please go to orimiri and drown. I dont understand some men's mentality at times, for your info i grew up in igboland then to usa and my grandmother(igbo) raised us in the states while my parents worked. yes my father is yoruba and so? You yourself if you dont know are not 100% igbo. There is nothing like 100% yoruba or igbo or hausa or any tribe. Yes given am a yoruba girl cuz my dad is, but ndi igbo says nneka and truly i have valued my maternal history as much as my paternal, maybe even more. My grandfather is one of the ndichie in his village and everything i know about the igbos come from him and books i have read. He is 98 now and very strong old man, with sharp memories, so when i tell part of the igbo history i know, know that i have not only books to back it up, but first hand treasured accounts, that many people can dream of, and i will say am lucky for that. so dont hate, appreciate that there are people who value your culture as much as you do.
nri/eri ,the founder of igbo people have nothing in common with ijebu-igbo. Maybe the ijebu-igbo have many things in common with the cross-river people now called ngwa not igbos. And by the way, i thought chinenye said that ngwa doesn't have nze na ozo na ichie. But you boldly pointed out that ur grand father,an ngwa man is one of the ndiichie.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:23pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yujin:
Nna, your reasoning is flawed. There is nothing like 'real Igbo'. You said Nri invented Nkwo, Orie, Eke and Afor market days. Were they the ones that introduced it down to the Southern Igbos? It is well known that Nri's influence stopped in Anambra, Anioma and Enugu yet people bore names like Okafor, Okoronkwo etc outside these areas even before the advent of the europeans. Even if Nri was more organize and grand than other Igbo clans, Igbo is by far larger and greater than Nri so stop the unnecessary hyping. Many towns in Anambra were found by the Aros et al, where was Nri then? If non-Nri towns were carved out of Anambra, how big will it be? You are an Ozo titled man, I was born by an Nze: now who is atop? Nwanne, bury the pride. Ofu ifunanya.
one thing you people should know is that nri is the son of eri. Nri founded many communities in igboland but his father,eri founded more than him. Again nri/eri influence is all over igbo land even across the bridge and not limited to anambra,delta,enugu as you thought. Eri founded the igbo language, culture and tradition(the basic ones), then you should have asked ur silly skull why they are spoken/ practised all over igbo land if his influence had stopped in anambra,enugu,delta. Or are there some languageless,cultureless,traditionless people before he came?
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:27pm On Oct 11, 2012
Yujin:
Nna, your reasoning is flawed. There is nothing like 'real Igbo'. You said Nri invented Nkwo, Orie, Eke and Afor market days. Were they the ones that introduced it down to the Southern Igbos? It is well known that Nri's influence stopped in Anambra, Anioma and Enugu yet people bore names like Okafor, Okoronkwo etc outside these areas even before the advent of the europeans. Even if Nri was more organize and grand than other Igbo clans, Igbo is by far larger and greater than Nri so stop the unnecessary hyping. Many towns in Anambra were found by the Aros et al, where was Nri then? If non-Nri towns were carved out of Anambra, how big will it be? You are an Ozo titled man, I was born by an Nze: now who is atop? Nwanne, bury the pride. Ofu ifunanya.
again aro didn't found any communities in anambra. Communities like abatete,nkpor,abagana,umuoji are NOT founded by aro people but they have some few aro people that settled among them.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:50pm On Oct 11, 2012
yoruba ruler :
@ NRI PRIEST. Please you an your co-travellers of questionable origin should stop giving we Igbos bad name. If you are Igbo then you would know that there is noting like real or fake Igbo, IGBO WU IGBO. I want you to know that the real Nri's ARE THE ADAMAS WHO WERE IN THEIR PRESENT LOCATION BEFORE MENRI MIGRATED FROM AGULERI. The authochous Adamas dont recall their origin but recall the period Menri migrated to the area and the time nri with his co-travellers were assimilated by them. The Adamas are also the aborigines of Oraeri, Adazi enu and Adazi nnukwu towns long before the arrival of Nri Ifiquanim Menri from Aguleri.They are the ones who appointed Eze Nri to serve as their ritual agent and taught Eze Nri the ritual rites they perfomed and the Igbo days and years counting which Igbos allover Igboland were already practicing. AS OWNERS OF THE EZE NRI TITLE, THEY DECIDE AS WELL AS CROWN WHO WOULD BE EZE NRI TILL TODAY. THEY ALSO INHERIT THE PROPERTIES OF EZE NRI UPON HIS DEATH, THEY CAN CHALLENGE THE PRONOUNCEMENT OF EZENRI IF IT CONTRADICTS THEIR BELIEVE, ADVICES EZENRI ON SPIRITUAL MATTERS AND ARE IN CHARGE OF HIS PROTOCOLS. Hence in Nri their is an adage which says ONYE FE NRI, NRI EFE ADAMA meaning if you honour Eze Nri, Nri would in turn honour the Adamas. This is because they appointed Nri as their spiritual agent. As Igbos they share similar culture and beliefs with other authochous Igbo groups across Igboland WITHOUT ANY IGBO GROUP INFLUENCING THE OTHER. Even in Aguleri aborigines are the okpu villages which are the most senior villages in Aguleri the home of Nri. When Eri the father of Nri migrated to the Aguleri He met the okpu people who are have established there long before his arrival.According to the oral history of the aguleris, ERI ADOPTED THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURES OF THE OKPU PEOPLE. THE BIG QUESTION IS SINCE ERI AND HIS GROUP ADOPTED THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF THEIR HOST THE OKPU PEOPLE, WHO ARE THE OKPU PEOPLE ? SINCE IT HAS BEEN SEVERALLY PROVED THAT THE OKPU PEOPLE ARE IGBOS,WHO SPOKE IGBO AND PRACTICE THE IGBO CULTURE FROM TIME IMMEMORIAL, WHAT WAS THE LANGUAGE AND CULTURE OF ERI AND HIS GROUP BEFORE THEY WERE ASSIMILATED BY THEIR IGBO ABORIGINES ? The Okpu people control the most important diety in Aguleri till date.
Their are many authochous Igbo groups spread across Igboland which have given birth to many Igbo towns and communities within and outside the south east. SO ANYBODY THAT SAYS THEIR IS A FAKE AND REAL IGBOS IS A MISCHIEVIOUS IGNORAMUS WITH QUESTIONABLE BACKGROUND WHICH SHOULD BE REBUKED,CASTIGATED AND CORRECTED BY ALL INTELLIGENT IGBOS. Mind you am good in Igbo history and i can clear your doubts with facts. You can read up this well researched article written by a professor in Igbo language and culture known as Politics of Igbo Origin and Culture at: groups.yahoo.com/group/AnambraForum/message/45010
you are really a novice in igbo history. Eri founded agulueri. Okpu people are of eri descent. You said that adama people are not of eri but they founded a community and named it oraERI. Eri met few people when he came because everywhere then was covered with bush. Because eri was more civilised than them. They adopted his(eri) language,custom and tradition and became his followers. NOTE- the igbo language/tradition had not existed before eri. Again ,the people eri met are few and even at that,they have different languages from each other(which is not igbo). They were thought to be farmers/hunters who came from different directions. For the purpose of survival and interaction ,they took up eri language(igbo). Know it again that if eri had not met those people at the time of his arrival, there is a tendency that they would wander away from where eri met them cos they are wanderers and have no definite settlement. Finally,my community are of nri descent but we have adama. Even though i don't know what adama mean but i don't think they are the people eri met on arrival.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2012

Wait a minute,let's be very clear; what titles and culture of the Igbo are you talking about because we are very clear on who
invented what. And how are my embarassing myself ?? To burst your little bubble;I have read a book about the Adama and we have them in Idenmili,too. But all I see is "adama own eze nri","adama gave him the right to establish the rituals","adama taught Nri the Igbo language"....bunch of bulshiiit! What stops the "adama" from establishing a kingdom before the arrivals of the more superiors "Nri"
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by NRIPRIEST(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2012
Antivirus92: you are really a novice in igbo history. Eri founded agulueri. Okpu people are of eri descent. You said that adama people are not of eri but they founded a community and named it oraERI. Eri met few people when he came because everywhere then was covered with bush. Because eri was more civilised than them. They adopted his(eri) language,custom and tradition and became his followers. NOTE- the igbo language/tradition had not existed before eri. Again ,the people eri met are few and even at that,they have different languages from each other(which is not igbo). They were thought to be farmers/hunters who came from different directions. For the purpose of survival and interaction ,they took up eri language(igbo). Know it again that if eri had not met those people at the time of his arrival, there is a tendency that they would wander away from where eri met them cos they are wanderers and have no definite settlement. Finally,my community are of nri descent but we have adama. Even though i don't know what adama mean but i don't think they are the people eri met on arrival.

Nna,did you see the ignorance that is spreading around like diseases around here ??
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by mimifonwon(f): 10:12pm On Oct 11, 2012
NRI PRIEST: Y

As a woman,you are too aggressive for my liking; What makes you think you know Igbo culture more than I do ?? I'm telling you this once again; I'm a decendant of the Igbo that invented most of the revered,respected and widely known Igbo cultural practices like "Nze na Ozo","Ikpu Alu","Iwa ji","Ofalla","Igu Aro","Eke,oye,afor na nkwo weekdays,"Igu onwa" and so many other inventions that made the Igbo nation to tower above the rest. How dare you speak of knowledge you know not olf ? Look,Ngwa is not really considered true Igbo,hence,you see ppl like Chinenye badmouthing the Igbo. Tell me one Ngwa tradition that is known accross Igboland...Ngwa has no defined culture! They are just bunch of wanderers that came from Imo areas and settled with out a proper organized traditions...I have an "Ozo" title and its a violation of the "Ozo" principle for an unmarried woman to question my knowledge on Igbo traditions. You see why I said you aren't Igbo ??

lmaooo look at this okoro, who told you to like me, sorry bro, we are not all meant to be liked jor by everyone. kisses:0 ..wouldnt it be funny if you find out one day that you are not even igbo. decendant my foot. lmaooo see yourself talk about the ngwa people, please dont hate cuz they are the largest clan in igbo land, dont hate appreciate and stop having clan mentality. lmao@ozo title, stop decieving yourself. i hope they gave you a dna test first, cuz i suspect your lineage. Fact is you need to sharap and swallow the fact that i know your culture more than you.. am stilll laughing at the ozo title, if you dont know that only applies to women from your land, omo yoruba ni mi se egbo? lmaoo Ozo title, ibu ozu' ewu, akpala okuku. mtchewww. ga ga rashia otila nne ghi. I hope you liked my little direction there for you. cuz dont try me, cuz ngwa and ijebu-igbo combo is deadly. i fear no man, title my foot. mtcheww!!!! if you dont know each igbo land have its own traditions... and omenala nke ghi abughi nke mama'm.hoha!!
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by mimifonwon(f): 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2012
Antivirus92: nri/eri ,the founder of igbo people have nothing in common with ijebu-igbo. Maybe the ijebu-igbo have many things in common with the cross-river people now called ngwa not igbos. And by the way, i thought chinenye said that ngwa doesn't have nze na ozo na ichie. But you boldly pointed out that ur grand father,an ngwa man is one of the ndiichie.

i dont know what chinenye said, but i know that nde ngwa nwere nde okemadu and nzuko nde ichie(the returners). my grandfather bears the title proudly. i grew up in ngwa land so i know what am saying. plus i attend ngwa convention each year and happen to be one the youth leaders in my chapter. So i know what am saying, and i can back it up with facts. it is this clan mentality that is ruining you igbo people. igbo mbu igbo no matter the clan, because every clan has been mixed with others over the years get over yourselves. know your history, and dont try to rewrite it to appease your ideology of things. if you read the story of moremi and the igbo king you would understand why i said the things i did .
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by odumchi: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2012
Kedu ihe na-eme na ebe a?

Ka m gwa unu, ihe a di ezigbote ihere. Unu abukwaghi umuaka ya mee unu kwesiri ima na omenala Igbo dicha iche-na-iche. O nweghi onye ka ibe ya buru onye Igbo.

Egbe bere ugo bere. Nke si na ibe ya ebe kwa nku kwa ya.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by ChinenyeN(m): 10:58pm On Oct 11, 2012
I said Ngwa does not have Ozo/Nze. I never said anything about ichie.

mimifonwon: plus i attend ngwa convention each year and happen to be one the youth leaders in my chapter.
Ke l'eme gbuo! I gara convention k'afona?
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by ChinenyeN(m): 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2012
odumchi: Kedu ihe na-eme na ebe a?

Ka m gwa unu, ihe a di ezigbote ihere. Unu abukwaghi umuaka ya mee unu kwesiri ima na omenala Igbo dicha iche-na-iche. O nweghi onye ka ibe ya buru onye Igbo.

Egbe bere ugo bere. Nke si na ibe ya ebe kwa nku kwa ya.
Nku kwa ya; ndu ghara ya hoohaa (nkea bukwa soso ihe m choro ihu).
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by odumchi: 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2012
ChinenyeN:
Nku kwa ya; ndu ghara ya hoohaa (nkea bukwa soso ihe m choro ihu).

Nna, o di egwu o. O dila njo nke nnaa?
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by ChinenyeN(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2012
odumchi: Nna, o di egwu o. O dila njo nke nnaa?
Ee.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by searay(m): 1:16am On Oct 12, 2012
mimifonwon: [/color][/color]

lmaooo who ever wrote this thing you posted on here must be high on drugs. guy you try sha with this fiction..chai i would give you an award, but i dont reward stupidity. anyone who hasnt studied igbo history would actually believe this nonsense, but your info its half baked, the igbos you speak of with aro origin a bit were slaves to the igbos, therefore they were called osu- outcast usually gotten during war as collateral. so my dear stop putting excerpts here without explaining the context. The first info i higlighted in red you falsified, cannot find it anywhere, so prove me wrong it has nothing to do with the link you put only the last part i highlighted in purple are part of that link. So next time know that there are people more tech savy than you, dont feed any body that their grandfather is traditional priminister that nonsense, cuz i know more about igbo culture than you could ever. btw am not even igbo.lmao.aint that sad a yoruba gal has to correct you. mtchewww inyamiri!! onye arolala!!
I strongly believe that some of the igbos were slave to the Annangs (no written evidence). A place called Abak (fully called Abak Ikot Agwan meaning Abak the place of fight or the the battle field) is generally believe to be a place where the Annang and Igbo wars used to take place. The Ibgos were drove out of the place but the still have some remnant- the Ikot Okoro meaning the people of Okoro or Okoro's people. There are still certain names in my village which we do not know the meaning which had force us to believe that our original language has been lost. Eg Ucha, Enyinna, Uchendu, Akifa, Akii, Abebe, Bob etc. I'm not a historian though.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 7:17am On Oct 12, 2012
ChinenyeN: I said Ngwa does not have Ozo/Nze. I never said anything about ichie.

lol, u don't have nze na ozo but you have ndiichie. You have no primary and secondary school but you have university!
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Abagworo(m): 9:51am On Oct 12, 2012
This nrii/eri whatever is rubbish as far as Igbo ethnic group is concerned. 90% of Igbos are not linked to Nri except through the Ozo title. The children of Nri are known as Umunri and it stops at that. They have recently claimed to migrate from Israel quite unlike other Igbos that believe they originated insitu.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2012
Abagworo: This nrii/eri whatever is rubbish as far as Igbo ethnic group is concerned. 90% of Igbos are not linked to Nri except through the Ozo title. The children of Nri are known as Umunri and it stops at that. They have recently claimed to migrate from Israel quite unlike other Igbos that believe they originated insitu.
nke ahu gbasalu gi. That's why we don't consider you people igbo enough! Confused people.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Abagworo(m): 10:18am On Oct 12, 2012
Antivirus92: nke ahu gbasalu gi. That's why we don't consider you people igbo enough! Confused people.

The theory of an Nri hegemony as the single basis of Igbo civilization has been quite unfortunately taken from the work of the highly respected scholar and anthropologist,  the late M. Angulu Onwuejiogwu, formerly of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and later of the University of Benin. Onwuejiogwu's work, on Nri Hegemony and civilization, quite correctly situated the Nri system as AN Igbo civilization. It was not stated with the absolute finality more recent claimants on Nri are disposed to make. Simply, the ioperative word in Onwuejiogwu's work was of the Nri as "AN Igbo civilzation" not "THE Igbo civilization." the deitic article is crucial, and less intolerant of mischief. To put this in a simpler way, Nri was not the beginning nor the only fount of Igbo civilzation. It was neither the first nor would it be the last.

Igbo is not a single category. Indeed, Igbo is FOUR. Umu Igbo di Ano.  Oha - (Ora) - is the primordial source of Igbo primogeniture. The four branches of the Igbo are Agbaja, Isu, Oru, na Nri. Of the four, Agbaja was the first born, Nri, the last. According to the Igbo story, the Igbo are the descendants of a Sky-being (Oha) who descended and married a woman native to the land on which he had descended. From the marriage of the Sky being an the earth woman came the four sons that make the Igbo linneage today. At the death of their parents, they established a covenant based on the code of equality and of shared linneage to the skybeing and earthmother. This law of the fathers - the law honoring their patria they called "Iwu-oha" or "Iwu umu oha" and the law honoring their mother they called "Iwu-Ala." They established a shrine in honor of this covenant: Igwe na Ala: the shrine to their father they honored as Igwe, and the shrine to their mother they honored as Ala. "Igwe" or "Orisha" was but an honorific, it seems, to denote to the secrets of the mineral that was then emergent, iron ore and uranium - what the ancient writers called "orishakalum" - a secret which Oha had handed to his children. Descendants of Oha that became known as Ndi Agbaja were great builders or what you may call structural engineers as well as soldiers, Ndi Isu were craftsmen and engineers, Ndi Oru were placed in charge of the marine life, while the last child, Eri and his descendants the Ndi Nri, were great alchemists and priests. Traditionally, the priestly clan was always the domian of the last child, who kept the shrines.

2 Likes

Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 10:30am On Oct 12, 2012
Abagworo:

The theory of an Nri hegemony as the single basis of Igbo civilization has been quite unfortunately taken from the work of the highly respected scholar and anthropologist,  the late M. Angulu Onwuejiogwu, formerly of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka and later of the University of Benin. Onwuejiogwu's work, on Nri Hegemony and civilization, quite correctly situated the Nri system as AN Igbo civilization. It was not stated with the absolute finality more recent claimants on Nri are disposed to make. Simply, the ioperative word in Onwuejiogwu's work was of the Nri as "AN Igbo civilzation" not "THE Igbo civilization." the deitic article is crucial, and less intolerant of mischief. To put this in a simpler way, Nri was not the beginning nor the only fount of Igbo civilzation. It was neither the first nor would it be the last.

Igbo is not a single category. Indeed, Igbo is FOUR. Umu Igbo di Ano.  Oha - (Ora) - is the primordial source of Igbo primogeniture. The four branches of the Igbo are Agbaja, Isu, Oru, na Nri. Of the four, Agbaja was the first born, Nri, the last. According to the Igbo story, the Igbo are the descendants of a Sky-being (Oha) who descended and married a woman native to the land on which he had descended. From the marriage of the Sky being an the earth woman came the four sons that make the Igbo linneage today. At the death of their parents, they established a covenant based on the code of equality and of shared linneage to the skybeing and earthmother. This law of the fathers - the law honoring their patria they called "Iwu-oha" or "Iwu umu oha" and the law honoring their mother they called "Iwu-Ala." They established a shrine in honor of this covenant: Igwe na Ala: the shrine to their father they honored as Igwe, and the shrine to their mother they honored as Ala. "Igwe" or "Orisha" was but an honorific, it seems, to denote to the secrets of the mineral that was then emergent, iron ore and uranium - what the ancient writers called "orishakalum" - a secret which Oha had handed to his children. Descendants of Oha that became known as Ndi Agbaja were great builders or what you may call structural engineers as well as soldiers, Ndi Isu were craftsmen and engineers, Ndi Oru were placed in charge of the marine life, while the last child, Eri and his descendants the Ndi Nri, were great alchemists and priests. Traditionally, the priestly clan was always the domian of the last child, who kept the shrines. 
you're contradicting ur self. You made it clear that igbo people are not the same ancestrally. But you wrote here that orlu,agbaja,eri and isu are four brothers,which means from the same parents. Don't you see that you're confused. Fyi,eri didn't have any orlu,isu,agbaja brothers. Take it or leave it. He migrated into igboland when everywhere was still thick forest and started his family.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Abagworo(m): 10:39am On Oct 12, 2012
Antivirus92: you're contradicting ur self. You made it clear that igbo people are not the same ancestrally. But you wrote here that orlu,agbaja,eri and isu are four brothers,which means from the same parents. Don't you see that you're confused. Fyi,eri didn't have any orlu,isu,agbaja brothers. Take it or leave it. He migrated into igboland when everywhere was still thick forest and started his family.

Oru is not Orlu and Nri is not the only source of Igbo origin. The above story is more realistic than any other I've read. There's an Igwekala shrine at Umunoha near Owerri and there's an Amadioha shrine at Ozuzu near Port Harcourt. And we use the term Oru n'Igbo when talking about Oha.

Do you believe you came from Israel and you are a descendant of Gad?
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 10:44am On Oct 12, 2012
Abagworo:

Oru is not Orlu and Nri is not the only source of Igbo origin. The above story is more realistic than any other I've read. There's an Igwekala shrine at Umunoha near Owerri and there's an Amadioha shrine at Ozuzu near Port Harcourt. And we use the term Oru n'Igbo when talking about Oha.

Do you believe you came from Israel and you are a descendant of Gad?
i am an igbo and not a jew! Fyi,nobody really know where eri came from and he didn't tell anyone either. But that israel guess came into existence after seeing the great similarities between igbo and jewish traditions.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by EzePromoe: 11:04am On Oct 12, 2012
[size=32pt]Methinks if the Ngwa (Aba) people trace their origin very well, the result will be China.[/size] cool
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by Antivirus92(m): 11:08am On Oct 12, 2012
Eze Promoe: [size=32pt]Methinks if the Ngwa (Aba) people trace their origin very well, the result will be China.[/size] cool
lol! Why?
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by EzePromoe: 11:25am On Oct 12, 2012
Antivirus92: lol! Why?

You know the answer of course. wink
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2012
ChinenyeN: I said Ngwa does not have Ozo/Nze. I never said anything about ichie.

Wow,so ndi ngwa has "ndi ichie" ?? How come you didn't tell me this before?? Or are you trying to hide the truth from us ?? Smh.
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by NRIPRIEST(m): 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2012
Abagworo:

Abagoro,where did you get this trash from ?? Are f..ucking serious??
Re: Similarities Between The Igbo And Other Eastern Peoples by ChinenyeN(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2012
There's nothing to hide. Ngwa traditionally has "nde ochia" (who are the ancients/dead ancestors), and title-taking (anything like Ozo, Ichie, Eze, etc., all that stuff) is not part of traditional Ngwa culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Incredible MAN Of Africa / Saadu Haliru: Emir Of Lafiagi Is Dead / Five Things We Must Stop Doing As Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.