Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill (4654 Views)

Wale Oke: ‘Breastfeeding Is For Babies, Not Husbands’ / Ebola: NSA Warned Health Ministry Before Sawyer’s Visit / No Nigerian Infected With Ebola Virus - Health Ministry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by dasparrow: 4:04pm On Aug 09, 2012
@Post

Its obvious our policy makers have nothing better to do with their time at work and their priorities are all messed up. First of all, how do they plan to implement this policy should it be made law? Secondly, what happens to women who cannot breast feed their babies such as HIV/AIDs infected mothers, sick mothers who are put on compulsory medication that contaminates their breast milk, and mothers who gave birth to babies who bite their mother's nipples with their gums while lactating?
Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by Tittos: 5:01pm On Aug 09, 2012
I think I want to be a member of the task force for implementation when its passed into law winkI think I want to be a member of the task force for implementation when its passed into law
Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by wirewire(m): 5:49pm On Aug 09, 2012
omicron:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/fg-considers-bill-on-compulsory-breast-feeding/
I suggest they set up committee which i will head to monitor the programme and make sure all mothers comply
Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by ifyalways(f): 8:54pm On Aug 09, 2012
Sorry mate but NO, you can't reap where you didn't sow.
Sir Richyvkunt has been on this case from the grassroot level so he's automatically "selected and anointed" for this job.
He's got WHO and UNICEF back, no rival. Lol

Tittos: I think I want to be a member of the task force for implementation when its passed into law winkI think I want to be a member of the task force for implementation when its passed into law

1 Like

Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by beckyoma(f): 9:08pm On Aug 09, 2012
uihebom: Sounds more like, HEY!! HEY!! MADAM!! STOP THERE !! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR HAVING FULL LOADED JUICY BREST. UNDER SECTION 2 of FEED YOU PIKIN WELL, CONSTITUTION.STATE THAT : NOBODY SHOULD HAVE FULL JUICY BREST IN NIGERIA. SO MADAM AFTER OUR INTORAGATION,YOU ARE UNDER ARREST.
ha....ha... Na wa o, Tђα̲̅τ̲̅ kind arrest sef be as e get o....lol!!!!
Re: Health Ministry Considers Compulsory Breastfeeding Bill by Naijastomosis(m): 12:26am On Aug 10, 2012
Wonderful! Some men in position of authority can be amusing.
This is because they do not know how to be meaningfully occupied.

We do not need a legislation to make a woman breastfeed her baby; it is an innate desire.
The minister might as well introduce a legislation to force women
to use disposable instead of reusable baby napkins.

I tire-ooo>

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Role Of HEALTH MAINTENANCE ORGANIZATIONS In Nigerian Health Sysy / 2018 World Sickle Cell Day / My Thoughts On The Use Of Herbal Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.