Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Faith Categories - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Categories (550 Views)

10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Faith Categories by jookco(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2012
We understand from the Scripture that we have Strong Faith, Little Faith, and Faithless.
(Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation Mathew 17:17 )

For example the faith demonstrated by Peter when he walked on the water towards the master Jesus can be categorized as Little because it was only motivated by the presence of Jesus, and to prove that when the storm came he could not stand and was left with no option than to cry to Jesus for help.
(Mathew 14:28-31 And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?”).

Moreover Jesus categorized the Faith of the Centurion as Strong or Great Faith in (Mathew 8:10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.)

Now we understand that we can hardly achieve anything without Strong or Great Faith, Bible said in Galatians 4:1 that a certain child was a Prince but will remain a servant even though he is the Prince of a certain Kingdom till he grows up, the spiritual interpretation of that word is that we can not receive our inheritance as ordained by God to every believer so long as we remain baby Christians, until we grow our faith we remain a servant in the Kingdom even though we are crowned Prince and Princess.

So how then can we Grow Strong Faith ?

I will give just few examples today.

(1) THE WORD.
The most important source of Strong Faith is the Word of God, remember Faith comes by hearing and continues or nonstop hearing of the Word of God.
The Word is a vital Spiritual food for your faith to develop upon, it's similar to the growth of human body, the quantity of the Word you consume determines the level of growth you will experience.

2. (SPEAKING IN TONQUES)
This a great source of Faith that many Christians of today disregard, but Bible said he that comes to God must believe in the written word of God the Bible (Hebrews 11:6) for its written (But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost. Jude 1:20).

And the apostle Paul also said in 1 Corinthians 14:4 (that He that speaks in an unknown tongue edifies himselfwink and I just google the word Edify, it means enlightening or uplifting so as to encourage intellectual or moral improvement.

Now you have two vital Keys to grow your Faith, and don't forget it's to you according to your faith.

Thanks for reading and your time.
Please visit the blog again for more updates.

Remain Blessed
Bro. John Okoronkwo

http://ourlifefaith..com/2012/08/faith-categories.html

(1) (Reply)

Link & Lyrics To One Of The Most Powerful Songs I've Heard!!! / You, Your Sms, Your Misfortune. / Swedish Pastor Jailed For Prayer Circle Rape

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.