Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,870 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite (27441 Views)

Missing Malaysia Airlines MH370 Plane Wreckage Found Off The Coast Of Africa? / Nigeria To Launch First Locally Made Satellite Into Space By 2018 - Minister / 10 Surprising Things You Can See From Space (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by antitpiah: 5:48pm On Aug 09, 2012
Africa From Space Image: New Shot Captured By ESA (European Space Agency) Satellite

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/earth-from-space-image-new-esa_n_1755410.html?ref=topbar

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Yeske2(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2012
What about the pix?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Rossikk(m): 10:17pm On Aug 09, 2012
More than half the continent is just pure desert.

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by EzeUche(m): 10:25pm On Aug 09, 2012
We must stop the desertification of the Sahel region of Africa!
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by pendusky(m): 12:58am On Aug 10, 2012
Nice shot! New Africa, cant view it well, is Northern part of Nigeria still join to the Southern part? I need my zoom tools.

6 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Murphy7h4: 1:40am On Aug 10, 2012
Good point
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by olowo200: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2012
I need full meaning into this why is west africa region greenish white and the other region brownish i need geographer with interpretation .
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by KiKatanga: 9:00am On Aug 10, 2012
olowo200: I need full meaning into this why is west africa region greenish white and the other region brownish i need geographer with interpretation .

It's a photo...
Grasslands/Forest (green)
Desert (Brown)
Seas (Blue)
Clouds (White)

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Okijajuju1(m): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

It's a photo...
Desert (Brown)
Seas (Blue)
Clouds (White)

Football field (light green)
Swimming pool (light blue)
small white dots inside the deep Blue (Sea) - Ice fish.
Light brown - Egbo plantation.
Black Spot near Nigeria - Ghana.

35 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 2:38pm On Aug 10, 2012
Ki-Katanga:

It's a photo...
Desert (Brown)
Seas (Blue)
Clouds (White)
where is musiwa to add some idea

4 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by KiKatanga: 2:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
hisblud: where is musiwa to add some idea

At the back on the left.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by yanni1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
Okija_juju:

Football field (light green)
Swimming pool (light blue)
small white dots inside the deep Blue (Sea) - Ice fish.
Light brown - Egbo plantation.
Black Spot near Nigeria - Ghana.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by rodeo0070(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
Nice one...
Seems the desert is encroaching more... I could be wrong though.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
GEJ is at work grin

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by martin92(m): 3:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
how does dat change the price of fuel in nigeria. Mtcheew
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 10, 2012
Musiwa, please tell us more about this satellite picture.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by amijid2012(m): 3:53pm On Aug 10, 2012
Can sumbdy locate ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ d location of BKH in dat Map? grin
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ODB2: 3:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
That's a second generation geostationary full scan disk image.
The image is of color-composite and forms one of the earlier clssic channels (Infra-red, Visible and water-vapor channels).

In-short this technology is 20years old and doesn't deserve front page status.

It's application is limited to storm tracking and certain cloud definitions.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by pastie(m): 3:55pm On Aug 10, 2012
:-Xjst passing ;Djst passing
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by miteolu(m): 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rossikk: More than half the continent is just pure desert.

NO, 1/3 is water
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by talk2D: 3:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
So Fresh...
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Abujafood: 3:58pm On Aug 10, 2012
Wonderful pix! The shape of Africa looking like a horse's head!
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Funkymallam(m): 4:05pm On Aug 10, 2012
miteolu:

NO, 1/3 is water

1/3 of Africa is water?
U need a geography class smiley

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by phreakabit(m): 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
[size=18pt]FAILED STATE! [/size] angry
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ekpebasseyjam: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
is western part of the world better than African?
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Bellaje: 4:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
antitpiah: Africa From Space Image: New Shot Captured By ESA (European Space Agency) Satellite

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/08/earth-from-space-image-new-esa_n_1755410.html?ref=topbar
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by mshe2: 4:12pm On Aug 10, 2012
Desert in deed.
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Onyenna(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: This is a Fraud that NASA and Illuminati have been performing since the 1st Man landed on the Moon and discovered Bayelsans grin

Please tell me this, how come when you get images of the moon from Earth, you see stars and other planetary objects, but when every you look at the earth from the moon or a gepo-stationary satellite, you see absolutely nothing but the earth - FREE YOUR MIND. THE ARCHITECT IS AT WORK

lagerwhenindoubt, if u are standing behind me and I take a picture facing front, will u appear in that picture?......

2 Likes

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by blackboi(m): 4:14pm On Aug 10, 2012
*scary pic* embarassed
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by dammytosh: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2012
[size=13pt]Hmm, Is anybody seeing what i am seeing ?

There is no NIGERIA on the map.

I guess this 2015 disintegration is real after all going by different flags and threats coming every where.

[/size]
Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2012
Rossikk: More than half the continent is just pure desert.
..... and the remining less than half is just pure bullsh!t.

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Africa From Space: By ESA Satellite by ANYPEN(m): 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2012
Why is it looking very fragile to me? Like it can move, break or sink!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria To Start Production Of Pencils, Says Onu [minister Of Science And Techno / Nasa Testing ‘AIR Taxi’ That Shuttles You Across Cities In Minutes(Pix, Video) / 1,800-Year-Old Roman Camp Unearthed At 'Armageddon' In Israel (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.