Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> (11012 Views)

Rumor Or Real Ebola In Abuja / Chaos: Trailer Crushes Four School Children To Death In Ikota Lagos / Bus Carrying School Children Has Somersaulted On The Third Mainland Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by exalt2009: 10:01am On Aug 10, 2012
Good morning, my fellow nairalander,I just got this sms on my phone that ‎​A bus left unilag wit students n was to drop dem at Obanikoro but as we speak,the bus is heading to osogbo. The children are secondary skool level kids. Pls broadcast to everyone now because one of them just gained conciousness n tweeted to his brother that they R around ibadan or environs...Pls help re-broadcast so any suspicious bus or cars with young students will be questioned...I rili don't know how true, but a stitch in time...plz do not edit d time, dis way dis mssg wil not run infinitely. Then feed-backs are also helpful. We report issues wt bbm let's also share feedback.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by ojeffo: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2012
UNILAG abi MAULAG.Pls edit d post

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by ZUBY77(m): 7:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
Gained consciousness as in they were drugged or beaten? What did he or she tweet?
The kidnappers left their smart phones for them after drugging or beating?
Did he or she tweet what happened?
Please clarfy some things before i send this to my fb wall with over 5000 friends on it

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by chukxy44(m): 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2012
The same message has been BC severally on BBM. I sincerely doubt if its true BC such as dis are become too common.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by cupid4ig(m): 7:51pm On Aug 10, 2012
I got this one this evening so I think its true. =====> Kidnappers of the bus Dat left unilag wit students n was to drop dem at Obanikoro was arrested,3 of the kids found Dead. The bus is presently @ the C division police station in ilorin.
Call ASP Dapo Onikpekun on 08038166068,07054745852 for more information.
. PLS BROADCAST AS FAST AS U CAN. THANK YOU. UMUM MED. D nig police say a big thank you to all social nerworkers for a quick re_broadcast

1 Like

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 10, 2012
Please don't be fooled by dat. Ur going to be shocked what pple wake up nd write just to make something dey wrote to spread... D person dint call not even bbm its twitter don't be fooled. Even dat same twitter nigeria desperately look 4 attention just to get mentions or trend. I don't believe anytin from there

1 Like

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 8:02pm On Aug 10, 2012
One question for you.
How did you know they were heading to oshogbo...you said the boy tweeted to his brother and stated they were in ibadan. How do you now know they were going to oshogbo? abi na ur own jara to make the story sell. #justsaying
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Sogo10: 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
Y do pple just like to criticise.if u cant be of help u keep ur mouth shut.

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by CrazyMan(m): 8:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
cupid4ig: I got this one this evening so I think its true. =====> Kidnappers of the bus Dat left unilag wit students n was to drop dem at Obanikoro was arrested,3 of the kids found Dead. The bus is presently @ the C division police station in ilorin.
. PLS BROADCAST AS FAST AS U CAN. THANK YOU. UMUM MED. D nig police say a big thank you to all social nerworkers for a quick re_broadcast
Cheap scam.

When you call the numbers they would start requesting for finanical support form you. They would tell you to support the Nigerian police in whatever way you can so that they would have enough resources to tackle this issue when next it occurs.

I'm a Nigerian, and I know my country so believe me when I say its a cheap scam.

1 Like

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by dzeph: 8:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
Wow!
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 10, 2012
We have abused the usefulness of Broadcast. When there's a need in d future for a broadcast ppl might not take it serious.

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
walestrings: We have abused the usefulness of Broadcast. When there's a need in d future for a broadcast ppl might not take it serious.
I have deleted enuff pple because of dis. Sum1 sent me 1 yesterday. " Am cooking fried rice nd chicken ping me if you want some".. The whole BC tin is too much nd annoying

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Odunnu: 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2012
We were discussing this in the morning at the office and not two hours later, another Broadcast came on my colleagues BB that they've been rescued
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Lordave: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2012
ZUBY77: Gained consciousness as in they were drugged or beaten? What did he or she tweet?
The kidnappers left their smart phones for them after drugging or beating?
Did he or she tweet what happened?
Please clarfy some things before i send this to my fb wall with over 5000 friends on it
how come you get OVER 5000 friends on fb? I think say 5000 na maximum.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by ayusman16(m): 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
Treat Seriously pls...
I went 2 d market and left my stew on Fire Pls rebroadcast till it gets to sum1 in my house 2 stop my Stew from Burning.........cheesycheesy=D no be only una fit send yeye Broadcast:p

1 Like

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by CuteTj(m): 8:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
I remember when i was in primary school (staff school); i sneaked out, went to unilag lagoon front and i swam all day (naughty me). Anytime i see these kids, it makes me happy. So if its true, i pray they survive the ordeal unscathed.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by lakers56(m): 8:47pm On Aug 10, 2012
i receive dis messg on my whatapp dis morning but i dont no ao sure it is. :Di
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Chaydee(m): 8:48pm On Aug 10, 2012
CrazyMan:
Cheap scam.

When you call the numbers they would start requesting for finanical support form you. They would tell you to support the Nigerian police in whatever way you can so that they would have enough resources to tackle this issue when next it occurs.

I'm a Nigerian, and I know my country so believe me when I say its a cheap scam.

Seconded!
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Chaydee(m): 8:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lordave: how come you get OVER 5000 friends on fb? I think say 5000 na maximum.

Kilo paya Ijebu
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by dzeph: 8:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
ayusman16: Treat Seriously pls...
I went 2 d market and left my stew on Fire Pls rebroadcast till it gets to sum1 in my house 2 stop my Stew from Burning.........cheesycheesy=D no be only una fit send yeye Broadcast:p

LWTMB (Laf Wan Tear Ma Belle) cheesy
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 10, 2012
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:09pm On Aug 10, 2012
Odd, I got the very same BC this morning. Was rushing to Ikoyi for a meeting so I didn't pay much attention to it. Although for most of the morning, I got d same BC sent to me by an extra 4 more people. About 3 hours later, I get this BC:

Thank God, d police attached to Oluyole Ibadan, just arrested d driver dat kidnaped d secondary school student dat left unilag. Tnx and God Bless.

So I don't know if it was true or not. And if it wasn't, what motivates people to wake up early in d morning send lies for d sake of seeing it go viral? I don't get it!!
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by wellmax(m): 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2012
The news/info is a complete sham. No unilag kids were kidnapped anywhere. The BC was sent by mischievous attention seekers.

1 Like

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by wellmax(m): 9:34pm On Aug 10, 2012
I went 2 d market and left my stew on Fire Pls rebroadcast till it gets to sum1 in my house 2 stop my Stew from Burning.........:grin grin grin Me too sabi send Broadcast:p$ grin

2 Likes

Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 10, 2012
CuteTj: I remember when i was in primary school (staff school); i sneaked out, went to unilag lagoon front and i swam all day (naughty me). Anytime i see these kids, it makes me happy. So if its true, i pray they survive the ordeal unscathed.
When I was in staff school, I did exactly d same thing. When I got home, my body was itching me like crazy. Those good old days
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Biggoozz: 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2012
I got d message and broadcasted it after worrying that the rumors may soon stop us from helping people in real need of help.

Then later I got this:
"kidnappers of the bus Dat left unilag wit students n was to drop dem at Obanikoro was arrested,3 of the kids found Dead. The bus is presently @ the C division police station in ilorin.
. PLS BROADCAST AS FAST AS U CAN. THANK YOU."

I quickly called the numbers and found out that they do not exist and got seriously disappointed. Dunno what people gain from such mischief, too bad.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by cookie27: 10:22pm On Aug 10, 2012
1. Which bus plies obanikoro from unilag gate? I only know of buses going to sabo/oyingbo, yaba or bariga.
2. Which bus leaves any busstop carrying ONLY secondary school students? Did they hire it?
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by janykute: 10:23pm On Aug 10, 2012
I got the bc as well but i didn't take it serious because the rate at which i receive BCM this days is quite alarming especially when they are trying to blackmail u into sending a certain prayer to a certain amount of people and they go ahead to tell u that if u don't send it u won't prosper in life that's bullshit
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by ZiggyHimself(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2012
Correct me if am wrong, tot these secondary school children are suppose to be on holidays? Riding magic school buses on holidays?
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2012
Where d kids dey go??
Aren't secondary Skools on holidays?
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by ZUBY77(m): 11:33pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lordave: how come you get OVER 5000 friends on fb? I think say 5000 na maximum.

Dont know.. I saw 5009 once, then they later cut it down to 5k. I m removing some white friends though.
Re: School Children Just Kidnapped At UNILAG? <<RUMOR>> by yamunla(m): 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
Chaydee:

Kilo paya Ijebu
Ibeere

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos In Any File Formats - Youtube Secrets / S-C-A-N-D-A-L: Former VP Namadi Sambo Caught Having Sex With Wife's Brother. / Is It Possible To Stop Purging/running Stomach By Drinking Garri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.