Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,328 members, 7,819,122 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria (37601 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband / Professions Whose Graduates Get Jobs Easily In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by sawyer89: 3:10pm On Aug 27, 2012
BlueDiva: What is a useless career? There are poorly paid doctors and well paid lawyers.
There are well paid writers and poorly paid architects.

It's silly when people generalize.
What can you make of your career? That is the question.

A graduate of fine arts will turn out to be a renowned artist, who exhibits his work round the world.
On the other hand, a doctor may remain too lazy to specialize and spend his life being a GP operating from an obscure hospital.

A career is what you make of it.
No such thing as a ridiculed profession!
100% in agreement with you. The main thing in determining how successful you are in your career is fulfillment! In this part of the world, we are too money conscious. No wonder, money is a big factor in choosing a career rather than passion albeit the condition of our economy dictates that. The aftermath are the so called mid life crisis; unproductive career;career depression and consequently,unfulfilled life!
Classification of the,in the words of the OP, " most rubbished profession" is a subterfuge to ridicule some notable professions. So many guys,with one head, are making it big in these "rubbished" professions. Learn to think out of the box!

3 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Tobbie9(m): 9:10am On Aug 28, 2012
I totally agree with the op some professions are truely worthless in this country (except law) the professionals i'm feeling right now are doctors cos they had the foresight to regulate entry into this courses, the NBA should do the same or in the nearest future they'll have to beg students to study law.PEACE.

3 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by gbolahan1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2012
All I know is that Seun needs just all sort of opinions to keep NL going, so as we argue he makes money. Nevertheless, I don't see much fault in the OP's post, is just that the topic is a very sensitive one that's affecting virtually all professions(not just the ones he mentioned) expecially in this part of the world. (...and ppl dey vex already. Including me. Lol)
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by DammyBrian: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
Y'all shud just go and be sportsmen & women
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by LBanks(m): 9:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
As far as i am concerned, with our present educational system and economic situations in Nigeria, all the professions have been rubbished. It is a general phenomenon. Apart from maybe the doctors, you see thousands and millions of graduates roaming joblessly after school ready to accept even a 20k job just to sustain.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by idris4r83(m): 11:34am On Nov 13, 2014
veterinary medicine
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by israelbenzion: 11:34am On Nov 13, 2014
this OP mumu sha.
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Emmysteve(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
Front page after 2yrs? Our mods have gone mad again

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
I love and wish I can marry any of these ladies:

Berem

Lynpetra

Irunobo2

Slimyem

Honeychild

I really crush on them badly
cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by gbodimowo(m): 11:35am On Nov 13, 2014
This is seriois
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by publicenemy(m): 11:36am On Nov 13, 2014
dyoung4:
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][s][/s]

You quote the whole article without ur own post...isnt that stvpid?

You just want to occupy space.
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by mcmukoko12(m): 11:37am On Nov 13, 2014
BOOKED!
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 13, 2014
This is both sad and funny. If you consider the comments, that is.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Sanguine77(m): 11:40am On Nov 13, 2014
There is no need to ridicule or elevate any profession or vocation. The Nigeria of today is not really interested in what you read or course you studied but in what you can do and value you can offer. I know of a lawyer working in an engineering firm and a person with a degree in philosophy working in a hospital. When people go for interviews, the employers are looking for people who can do things differently, who can add value to the organisation and who can think outside the box. Do your best and be the best you can be and the world will come to your feet. The underlying issue still remains: How much are you worth?

2 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by drizzytee: 11:43am On Nov 13, 2014
psychology! I've personally never seen or heard of anybody I know visiting a psychologist, Naija folks are psychologist for themselves, by themselves

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Elipsis: 11:44am On Nov 13, 2014
t.

8 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Eneze1(f): 11:44am On Nov 13, 2014
BlueDiva:
What is a useless career? There are poorly paid doctors and well paid lawyers.
There are well paid writers and poorly paid architects.

It's silly when people generalize.
What can you make of your career? That is the question.

A graduate of fine arts will turn out to be a renowned artist, who exhibits his work round the world.
On the other hand, a doctor may remain too lazy to specialize and spend his life being a GP operating from an obscure hospital.

A career is what you make of it.
No such thing as a ridiculed profession!

GBAM!!!

2 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Skywalker5(m): 11:52am On Nov 13, 2014
Elipsis:
And this made frontpage after 2 yrs?

grin grin You right. I did not even see that. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by OROSUNBOLB(m): 11:57am On Nov 13, 2014
violent:
What sense or enlightening replies are you hoping to gain with a thread that lacks even these qualities you asked for? This section, i was told, was created for people seeking help with their career choices. As in any case, a nice well construed and meaningful humor is welcomed by people most of the time...but a thread that is solely opened just so someone with a little brain and a little ego could brag around and get his full is just distasteful!

In a country where more than 60 percent are out of jobs and young school leavers are struggling to make a choice on their career, i will recommend you stay up all night counting your stars if you've got a job that pays a steady income in the first place. Coming online to tell the rest of us that you consider Philosophy or Banking a rubbish profession and below your feet, may make some people consider you a brainless Oaf!

You are right,perfectly but don't you consider some of your words too harsh ?
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by joshrare(m): 11:58am On Nov 13, 2014
violent:
What sense or enlightening replies are you hoping to gain with a thread that lacks even these qualities you asked for? This section, i was told, was created for people seeking help with their career choices. As in any case, a nice well construed and meaningful humor is welcomed by people most of the time...but a thread that is solely opened just so someone with a little brain and a little ego could brag around and get his full is just distasteful!

In a country where more than 60 percent are out of jobs and young school leavers are struggling to make a choice on their career, i will recommend you stay up all night counting your stars if you've got a job that pays a steady income in the first place. Coming online to tell the rest of us that you consider Philosophy or Banking a rubbish profession and below your feet, may make some people consider you a brainless Oaf!

I concor with Op, most people choose some discipline in the university either becos of past glory, or it sounded 9ice, maybe there is someone in that field that is successful and some just want to be an undergraduate without prospect.

Time have changed bro
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by brownbriggs(m): 11:59am On Nov 13, 2014
@op ur list can not be complete without Political Science
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 13, 2014
Only Medical students live large without much stress as per job hunting.
All other profession na wash. I studied Civil, no job. If no be say guys use forcing guy become architect and quantity survey join the civil, hunger for done wire person black and blue.
Mean while make una rate my latest work

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by fyneboi79(m): 12:02pm On Nov 13, 2014
swiftycool:
^^^ sorry if I hit u below the belt by mentioning ur profession there, its not that am gloating at you cos u are broke. I just thought it was wise to help people know, especially d younger ones to make better choices in choosing a career. Many of us were misled in earlier days to get into careers without prospects just becos they sounded great on the jamb bronchure, while some others were able to reinvent their careers to becoming more relevant.

With this thread, my purpose was not to make u look useless really but to make u realise what people think of ur line and perhaps do something different to make it count and most importantly to prove it wrong by telling them of some new dimensions it has or is taking.

If u feel so bad about this and think its a direct attack on u. Just shut up and do nothing, maybe it would help people think about the true facts better tongue
Why would ‎u call him broke just because ‎u have some change in ur pocket and ‎u already feel on top of the world.But always remember all this money ‎u think ‎u have might just be somebodys dry cleaning allowance for a week.So be careful how ‎u brag undecided

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by omoiseselagba: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
violent:

barman give this man a bottle of orijin.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Timothy3113(m): 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
brownbriggs:
@op ur list can not be complete without Political Science
seconded that,
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
tpia5:
see thread title?

Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria

smh.

who would like to bet the op is one of those "coders" "programmers" "entry level hackers" wey full here?

the arrogance is unbelievable.

Coderz and programmers are far richer so don't even go there, in the future human doctors won't be needed anymore accountants's, lawyers etc won't be needed we will face the era where we humans will trust machines more than ourselfs... and that's when computers will take over. it might sound like fiction, but look, we now have automated cars, everything is getting automated, programmers makes life easier for everyone including the doctors and engineers. Look at Seun Osewa the python koder, he untied you and gave you freedom of speech, Look at Google, Facebook etc, that's hope, that's the future. without programmers, hackers and smart IT guys the world will still be like the 1980's i'm sure you're from the 80's or 89's or 89.9's wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by plumule(m): 12:06pm On Nov 13, 2014
[quote author=swiftycool post=11763632]^^^ sorry if I hit u below the belt by mentioning ur profession there, its not that am gloating at you cos u are broke. I just thought it was wise to help people know, especially d younger ones to make better choices in choosing a career. Many of us were misled in earlier days to get into careers without prospects just becos they sounded great on the jamb bronchure, while some others were able to reinvent their careers to becoming more relevant.

With this thread, my purpose was not to make u look useless really but to make u realise what people think of ur line and perhaps do something different to make it count and most importantly to prove it wrong by telling them of some new dimensions it has or is taking.

If u feel so bad about this and think its a direct attack on u. Just shut up and do nothing, maybe it would help people think about the true facts better tongue[/quote. U are d most stupid ingrate i av ever seen. Condemning ones profession becos he earns less is like asking ur father why he didn't becomes d president of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by omoiseselagba: 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2014
swiftycool:
^^^ sorry if I hit u below the belt by mentioning ur profession there, its not that am gloating at you cos u are broke. I just thought it was wise to help people know, especially d younger ones to make better choices in choosing a career. Many of us were misled in earlier days to get into careers without prospects just becos they sounded great on the jamb bronchure, while some others were able to reinvent their careers to becoming more relevant.

If u feel so bad about this and think its a direct attack on u. Just shut up and do nothing, maybe it would help people think about the true facts better tongue
you are one of the reasons shekau bombs people.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by 14teenK: 12:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
There are really many mature minds here. ....
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by omoiseselagba: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2014
violent:
@OP

You just appear to slid through each time i lower the standards for idiocy!

Nothing describes an Oaf more than the thinking of an individual who immediately assumes that certain jobs most be considered rubbish because "even senior lawyers back in those days now earn less than 1/2 our monthly income". Geez!...do you really make life changing decisions based on shallow thoughts as this?

I wondered if someone cared enough to educate your little brain whilst making career decisions that your choices must be made based on where your interests lie, what it is you intend to do for living and the resources available for you to achieve the future you wanted....and not on what other people considered careers with/without "prospects" or "ridiculed" professions.

I'm convinced without doubts that brainless beer parlor conversations as this are reasons for thriving cancerous perceptions that young people should take up careers that pays the most, or the ones that are most famous and clearly not ones that defines them or their abilities.

If the likes of Wole Soyinka or Chinua Achube listened to Oafs during their days, they may have ended up becoming frustrated Medical doctors or Pilots rather than the high achieving Icons they are and the legacies that will forever follow their names. Clearly, Oafs must always be defeated if people were to go after their dreams.

And just so i may make it clear, the fact that i found your post stu[i]p[/i]id does not necessarily mean I am bitter about the contents. It's simply what it is, stu[i]p[/i]id!
ohhhhh you made my day.barman abeg nack this man two bottles of orijin join d one u nack am b4.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:19pm On Nov 13, 2014
Can someone remind me again, what course did Dangote study?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand / Does New Minimum Wage Affect All Salary Earners? / What Investment Can I Start Up With 500k As I Just Lost My Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.