Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,899 members, 7,828,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria (37614 Views)

10 Professions In Nigeria You Can Still Practice Without Studying them / 8 Professions That Makes It Hard For Ladies To Get Husband / Professions Whose Graduates Get Jobs Easily In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Seekeroftruth: 3:05am On Nov 14, 2014
This topic is the Most Ridiculed And
Rubbished topic in Nairaland
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Chijosky(m): 7:05am On Nov 14, 2014
Nigerians were never cease to amaze me,how can someone call a course in a higher institution "rubbished" nawa oo, odi egwu o..
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by DLioness(f): 8:23am On Nov 14, 2014
Pls leave law out of this. It's a lie mayb d prblm is u dnt knw d legal profesn in its entirety. If ur frnds fail in advocacy/litigatn, tell dm to move over to solicitorshp or to becm magistrates. Mayb ur friends' 'luck' no dy 4 advocacy or mayb dy arnt doing gud tins d right way. Nvadles I knw many sucesful advocates. So OP change ur orientatn
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by darealez(m): 10:44am On Nov 14, 2014
Nt rubbished nor ridiculed as d title implies, I'd prefer to use the word 'dwindling mind affluence'. Considering d banking sector, I wnt advise anyone to go for banking and finance evn if u drm to wrk in d bnk but that doesn't mean I'm ridiculing or rubbishing the course. Even medicine has its own pros and cons, the moment you feel you can handle the challenge, you good to go. Talking about the pay, everyone does wt dey do for wteva reasn dey'v got. I used to play some games with friends and I see hw agitated they always are whil tryin to win while I am relaxed wen losing out to them. When they asked why, I smiled and said, "I play games for the fun of it and to feel relaxed." So if I'm eyeing a profession for money, someone else might be doing so for the purpose of research and development. Imagine if bill gate had eyed money when he ought to uncover and discover! So I belive no profession follows your progression but instead all profession has there loop-holes, pros and cons, challenges and idealogy which every candidate has to overcome.
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by knowledge4(m): 3:19pm On Nov 14, 2014
There is no ridiculed profession anywhere.
It is your approach to the profession and what you make of it that matters.
Even the shit business that was the most ridiculed business is now a money spinning business because the likes of the Late Otunba Ghaddafi brought style and dignity into its operation.The Shit business brought him before 35 Presidents and Heads of States.
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by eROCK247(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2014
bookface:

Such despicable arrogance. How dare you even describe a certain career as fallen from grace to grass? what an act of gloating.

My dad was a lawyer for many years till he retired recently. He still finds so much pride in the things he used to do and places the tenets of the profession in high regard. What a contemptuous fellow you must be to describe a lifestyle he holds so dear as fallen from grace to grass?

Yes Banking and Finance may not be as highly paid as it used to be simply because the sector is taking a hit, but if not for an act of self glorification, i see no reason why some empty headed goat like you must describe what another person considers a way of life a ridiculed profession. each person to their way of life. If you don't like bankers or have a disdain for lawyers then stay away from banks and stay out of courts. Those who take up those jobs and who do well at it do so because they enjoy what they do. If you enjoy what you do as well or even better paid, then don't piss on others.

And no, we get the purpose of your post from onset. You were just in for the fun of it. I bet all you wanted is to get a good laugh and find a reason to buy yourself a cookie for being the lucky donkey who had a great job.
Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by Gamechanger: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2014
The OP said what he feels (subjective thinking). His write up ain't based on research and maybe ill feelings he habours towards lawyers.

Truth be told, no other professionals earns up to what lawyers earn practising their profession alone.

For instance, Aare Afe Babalola built his ABUAD, solely from his earnings as a private legal practitioner. Ditto Dr. Iziyon and his private jet. I know a lawyer who once charged the equivalent of N500m as his fees for doing just one matter (The money is for him to speak grammar and type documents !).

You are like that's for those on top of the profession ? I agree but maintain that if one works had and has the right contacts, he will get there.

BTW, even if you don't get to the pinnacle, wherever you are in the profession, you can never be worse off than those that graduated with from other professions once you work hard. If you opt for government employment, you start from grade levels above other 'fellow graduates'.

If the op tells himself the truth, he will know that he is worse off than most lawyers that graduated ' with him '. Just better than the average, maybe.

Lawyers are the ONLY professionals who have secured places in government. The 3rd arm of government is carved out for lawyers alone. Only lawyers can be Attorneys-General, judges, magistrates etc.

Even those ones you term charge and bail can save you from the prison someday. So until the law is abolished, respect lawyers.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by SenatorJames(m): 8:22am On Nov 15, 2014
The topic of this thread is the major problem, it would have been so educating.

1 Like

Re: Most Ridiculed And Rubbished Professions In Nigeria by originbm: 7:52am On Jul 22, 2016
Lawyers and pastors are d only professionals who own private jet in Nigeria.And how come most people in house of assembly, national assembly and governors are lawyers?Law is d only profession that has an arm of govt fully dedicated to it.The beginning may be tough but the ceiling is limitless.You cant compare a medical consultant with a SAN.
By d way op, did a barrister take ur girlfriend or spouse, jilt you , or oppress you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Choosing Between Acca And Ican / 7 Jobs Nigerian Parents May Never Ever Understand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.