Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:30 PM

Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. (123412 Views)

Snake Killed In Ojodu Berger, Aina street Lagos / Photo Of Giant Snake (55ft): Biggest Snake In The World / Giant Snake That Can Open Doors ( Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by coffee77: 9:31am On Aug 11, 2012
That's nigerians for u, when they said there was cancer and oda strange illnesses no one believed until it started hunting nigerians den, dia eyes opened. Nigerians make no discoveries, research and so on, but we are ready to open our badbelle mouth and criticize until it hurts us ourselves den we will believe. How many nigerian lecturers, students will dedicate dier time to catch somefin like dis in naija if it happens cos money don block all dier throat, they only fink of deir lives.
Thanks for informing us.he dat started dis thread.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by joe4christ(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2012
Let's ask wiki for answer. In just a moment!
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by waja(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2012
tellwisdom: who drew this picture??
. Somebody who just watched Anaconda in his dream.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by jude33084(m): 9:47am On Aug 11, 2012
FLYGERIAN91: If you wanna trick anyone next time, try not to add a plastic soldier or person!!! Dat lone soldier is definitly shining like plastic nd looks too stiff or is it just me? LMFAO[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode] grin

Őᵑ that Ɣ☺Ʊ are righ ♍♈ bro. I almost believe it until I read ♈☺uЯ post ΆŋԂ go back Ť☺ τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇ε̲̣̣̣̥ toy grin soldier.
Na wash wash be τ̲̣̣̥н̣̣̣̝̇̇̇i§̤̥̈̊ na undecided
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by waja(m): 9:59am On Aug 11, 2012
Prince Joe: What's d name of this movie?
. POINT AND KILL.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by dudegem: 10:03am On Aug 11, 2012
look at the first picture and observe that there is a toy rubber soldier on the top of the lorry. this just a normal sized snake placed on a lego toy lorry. if you were fooled by this i think you have no business on the internet.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by joe4christ(m): 10:08am On Aug 11, 2012
[size=15pt] The green anaconda, Eunectes
murinus, is the largest anaconda
species. Females are bigger than their
male counterparts.
Reports of giant anacondas date back as far as the
discovery of South America, when sightings of
anacondas upwards of 50 meters (150 feet) began to
circulate amongst colonists, and the topic has been a
subject of debate ever since among cryptozoologists
and zoologists.
Anacondas can grow to sizes of 6 metres (20 ft) and
beyond,[1] and 150 kilograms (330 lbs.) in weight.[2]
Although some python species can grow longer,[2] the
anaconda, particularly the green or common anaconda,
is the heaviest and largest in terms of diameter of all
snakes, and it is the second-longest extant snake in the
world behind the reticulated python.[1][2] The longest
reputably-measured and confirmed anacondas are
about 7.5 meters (25 feet) long.[3] Lengths of 50-60 feet
have been reported for this species, but such extremes
lack verification and to add lack of large prey to support
a super-large snake. The two only real reliable claims
that can be found describe measured anacondas
ranging from 26 to 32 feet, although these remain
unverified.[4]
History
The first recorded sightings of giant anacondas were
from the time of the discovery of South America, when
early European explorers entered the dense jungles
there and claimed to have seen giant snakes measuring
up to 18 metres (59 ft) long.[5] Natives also reported
seeing anacondas upwards of 10.5 metres (34 ft)[5] to
18 metres (59 ft).[1] Anacondas above 7 metres (23 ft) in
length are rare; the Wildlife Conservation Society has,
since the early 20th century, offered a large cash reward
(currently worth US$50,000) for live delivery of any snake
of 9 metres (30 ft) or more in length, but the prize has
never been claimed, despite the numerous sightings of
giant anacondas. In a survey of 780 wild anacondas in
Venezuela, the largest captured was 5 metres (16 ft)
long, far short of the length required.[6] A specimen
measured in 1944 exceeded this size when a petroleum
expedition in Colombia claimed to have measured an
anaconda which was 11.4 metres (37 ft) in length, but its
claim has never been proven.[7] Scientist Vincent Roth
also claimed to have shot and killed a 10.3 metres (34 ft)
specimen, but like most other claims, it lacks sound
evidence. Another claim of an extraordinarily large
anaconda was made by adventurer Percy Fawcett.
Following his 1906 survey of the Bolivia/Brazil border,
Fawcett wrote that he had shot an anaconda that
measured some 19 metres (62 ft) from nose to tail.[8].
Once published, Fawcett’s account was widely ridiculed.
Decades later, Belgian cryptozoologist Bernard
Heuvelmans came to Fawcett's defence, arguing that
Fawcett's writing was generally honest and reliable.[9]
In Fawcett's favour is the fact that he was conducting a
field survey and would have had at his disposal suitable
measuring instruments. In an earlier part of his diary
(p.71) he suspects a claim that an anaconda of 17.67 m.
(58ft.) was discovered was "exaggerated" until his own
discovery of the larger snake.
Historian Mike Dash writes of claims of still-larger
anacondas, alleged to be as long as 45 metres (148 ft),
[10] with some of the sightings supported with photos
(although those photos lack scale). Dash noted if reports
of a 18 metres (59 ft) anaconda strains credulity, then a
120 feet (37 m) long specimen is generally regarded as
an outright impossibility.[10]
In fiction
Perhaps the most well-known and defining portrayal of
giant anaconda in popular fiction is the 1997 film
Anaconda, which featured a giant anaconda hunting
and killing several crew members from National
Geographic, and its sequel Anacondas: The Hunt for the
Blood Orchid. Another two sequels, Anaconda 3:
Offspring and Anacondas: Trail of Blood, were produced
as made-for-television movies in 2008.[11]
It was featured in an episode of Lost Tapes called
"Megaconda".
In documentaries
On the episode "Amazon Assasins" of River Monsters,
Jeremy Wade was trying to find and catch a large
Arapaima when locals told him about the "Cobra
Grande", a giant snake different from the anaconda.
They showed him a burrow which appeared to be made
by the snake but he did not find the snake and instead
focused on finding the Arapaima. During an expedition
in the Peruvian Amazon in 2009, a Belfast father and his
son claim to have captured a giant anaconda on camera.
[12][13] One interpretation of the photograph claims
the "snake" has tentacles; as a result one alternative
explanation is that it is an unknown species of giant
caecilian, see [/size]

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_anaconda
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by emmycee(m): 10:11am On Aug 11, 2012
big lie
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Les: 10:15am On Aug 11, 2012
mikron: where in the article was it written that it was killed on land? Please read and understand properly before u comment

No1. considering the way its throat was slit, I don't think it can be slit that way inside water.
No2. The few number of divers mentioned cant kill this snake in its home, water, considering it's size or did they drag it out on land? I don't think so cos dis snake is ready to pull doWN a whole storey building talkless of being dragged by few men, divers of all profession!
No3. This kind of scene is very attractive, even if passers or sea workers were not let near the scene, atleast it shouldn't be only 1 soldier dat doesnt even look like human should be seen considering the wide range of the camera that took the pix. Ppl suppose crowd there, dat's wat am saying!
No4. Unless ma eyes are deceiving me, i didn't see any truck driver as well. Even if it's dangote truck drivers wit certificate!
No5. I didn't see this on cnn, not even on our nta!
No6. Anaconda is not as big as its movie version likewise kingkong, beauty and d beast, etc. Meaning it wasn't real. But this one is bigger than anaconda and kingkong put together, telling you dat it's......?? I wonder which kind mutation go cause am?? The size of this snake is really not speakin truth!
FINAL CONCLUSION. Otherwise proving wrong as in normal scientific proceedureS, THIS'S A VERY BIG FAT LIE!

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by saint119: 10:22am On Aug 11, 2012
embarassed :-XMchew Nonsense!!! :-XMchew Nonsense!!!
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by megxo(m): 10:25am On Aug 11, 2012
notin lyk photoshop hia wo....choi see Anaconda part 4
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by begori: 10:25am On Aug 11, 2012
this naa big deal ooo
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by megxo(m): 10:28am On Aug 11, 2012
hu knows SHONGOM in Gombe state....dia're bigger ones sef.... Dat place na snake factory ah swear
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2012
That is one hell of a snake and that has been living under water since all this while
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Cornel88(m): 10:55am On Aug 11, 2012
dudegem: look at the first picture and observe that there is a toy rubber soldier on the top of the lorry. this just a normal sized snake placed on a lego toy lorry. if you were fooled by this i think you have no business on the internet.
What about the second picture?
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Nobody: 10:57am On Aug 11, 2012
That is one hell of a snake and that has been living under water since all this while.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by 3kay945(m): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2012
dudegem: look at the first picture and observe that there is a toy rubber soldier on the top of the lorry. this just a normal sized snake placed on a lego toy lorry. if you were fooled by this i think you have no business on the internet.
thanks for opening my eyes.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by yamakuza: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2012
Deedee49:

Are u blind? Or u just can't read? He said "found in the red sea"!

mikron: where in the article was it written that it was killed on land? Please read and understand properly before u comment

extend your minds, if you can.

i'm interested in knowing if a snake that big can move on land, and how fast is all.

Les:
No1. considering the way its throat was slit, I don't think it can be slit that way inside water.
No2. The few number of divers mentioned cant kill this snake in its home, water, considering it's size or did they drag it out on land? I don't think so cos dis snake is ready to pull doWN a whole storey building talkless of being dragged by few men, divers of all profession!
No3. This kind of scene is very attractive, even if passers or sea workers were not let near the scene, atleast it shouldn't be only 1 soldier dat doesnt even look like human should be seen considering the wide range of the camera that took the pix. Ppl suppose crowd there, dat's wat am saying!
No4. Unless ma eyes are deceiving me, i didn't see any truck driver as well. Even if it's dangote truck drivers wit certificate!
No5. I didn't see this on cnn, not even on our nta!
No6. Anaconda is not as big as its movie version likewise kingkong, beauty and d beast, etc. Meaning it wasn't real. But this one is bigger than anaconda and kingkong put together, telling you dat it's......?? I wonder which kind mutation go cause am?? The size of this snake is really not speakin truth!
FINAL CONCLUSION. Otherwise proving wrong as in normal scientific proceedureS, THIS'S A VERY BIG FAT LIE!

thank you.

great mind at work
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by vislabraye(m): 11:29am On Aug 11, 2012
This obviously can't be true. The crew who were said to have caught the snake were 11 and 5 of them were academicians with no training.
Such news cannot be hidden. I would have seen it on CNN, NTA or STV. But be hold , Nairaland is the first site to spread the news. Nairalanders una current well well O.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by lythia: 11:31am On Aug 11, 2012
what the heck is this? :owhat the heck is this?
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by tomakint: 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2012
xavipedro: AMAZING GIANT SNAKE.
Found in the Red Sea that killed 320 tourists and 125 Egyptian diver, has been the killeed by a professional team of elite Egyptian scientists and qualified divers in Egypt.
Names of scientists who participated in the process of catching the huge snake are:
D. Karim Mohammed, d. Mohammed Sharif, d. Mr. Sea, d. Mahmoud students, d. Mazen Al-Rashidi
Names of divers who participated in the process of catching the huge snake are:Ahmed leader, Abdullah Karim, fisherman Knight, Wael Mohammed, Mohammed Haridi, spears Alvajuma, Mahmoud Shafik, a full-Sharif.
The Snake body has been transferred to the Egypt morgue at Sharm El Sheikh international animal.

http://www.yopsy.com/the-snake-body-has-been-transferred-to-in-the-egypt-morgue-at-sharm-el-sheikh/#.UCUgyaEgfeU

http://inforealestategvr./2012/08/06/amazing-giant-snake-praise-of-god-were-killed-snake-killer-and-the-red-sea-that-killed-320-tourists-and-125-egyptian-diver-and-has-been-the-killers-by-a-professional-team-of-elite-egyptian-scientists/

Original PHOTOSHOP of the stupid order! Not intelligent enough!
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by kcreal(f): 12:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
@OP, this must be the snake that gave Eve the apple in the garden of Eden. interesting...

1 Like

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by julimax(m): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
na wa for una oo.. this pic has been on the net for ages. suddenly na snake killed in egypt? kai...se the soldiera and the truck they are not real now.. una no know photoshop and kai i fit beleive
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by sportfeva(m): 12:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
Mr poster, you got a talent. Can you see what i see.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Ademab(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2012
The interesting part of this snake story is that only blogs and microblogs are breaking the news. If this story is true as claimed shouldn't it make the headlines of at least a major news paper in egypt or even aljazeera? Abegi try again later
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 5:24pm On Aug 11, 2012
coffee77: That's nigerians for u, when they said there was cancer and oda strange illnesses no one believed until it started hunting nigerians den, dia eyes opened. Nigerians make no discoveries, research and so on, but we are ready to open our badbelle mouth and criticize until it hurts us ourselves den we will believe. How many nigerian lecturers, students will dedicate dier time to catch somefin like dis in naija if it happens cos money don block all dier throat, they only fink of deir lives.
Thanks for informing us.he dat started dis thread.
Ok first of all this isn't about how Nigerians don't believe stuff, this is mainly about COMMON SENSE(But its not so common is it?). Because common sense will tell you that if this was real this will be all over the news and the internet. So maybe you are the one that needs to open your brain and think.

1 Like

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by ODB2: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by turl(m): 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2012
its fake..nice 'shopping though
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by mrperfect(m): 11:15pm On Aug 11, 2012
An interesting one.
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by TerryCarr(m): 1:28am On Aug 12, 2012
I small bull poo poo
Re: Amazing Giant Snake Killed In Egypt Red Sea. by TerryCarr(m): 1:30am On Aug 12, 2012

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter / 5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.