Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,560 members, 7,955,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:20 PM

Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (26955 Views)

Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by shadrach77: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2012
this is really silly! is the poster not as guilty as the other pedestrians or how was he able to get the pictures?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by ezeagu(m): 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
shadrach77: this is really silly! is the poster not as guilty as the other pedestrians or how was he able to get the pictures?

The pictures are from Sahara reporters. . .
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 11, 2012
ezeagu: An underpass would be good, but only god knows if they'd actually maintain it before it collapses on peoples heads.

You mean a subway?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by HisMajesty1(m): 8:44pm On Aug 11, 2012
My dear Ilasa brdige... Plenty of my childhood memories are tyed to this bridge, crossed it to and fro pry school...
@topic: Government should serously do something about this bridge ASAP, it collapsed 2yrs back, it can again.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
I lived in ilasa when i was younger n schooled in sadiku.so i had 2 cross d bridge to n fro.even then d bridge used 2 vibrate,tho a little.crossin d road mightn't be a 2 gud idea.bck then in d 90s many pple got killed while crossin.d govt shud pls see 2 dis.reminds me of a metal bridge i crossed with my mum as kid.i cud see pple n vehicles 4rm d foot of it.i was damn so scared.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by sonyjacobs(m): 8:59pm On Aug 11, 2012
That bridge is like a time bomb waiting to explode

1 Like

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by bigdoo: 9:09pm On Aug 11, 2012
Lagos is working, Fashola is working.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by proudlyafrican(m): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
Pastor Bakare should move in with his entourage to hold a public/mass protest to bring Government attention to the to the dilapidated state of the bridge.Part of responsibility of civil society group like Save Nigeria Group,which will force the Government to take action and not calling for mass protest for the resignation of a democratically elected government. Just a thought.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by fuqua: 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2012
Can someone just forward a complaint and or pictures to the appropriate authority?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by proudlyafrican(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2012
bigdoo: Lagos is working, Fashola is working.

I am sure it is a Federal project.[b][/b]
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Obiagu1:

Yes the government will be accused of killing them for failing to do their job!

How many lagosians passing that bridge daily have complained about its poor state to government ? Nigerians want government to do everything for them but they cant sacrifice a little of their time to do their parts.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by obailala(m): 9:23pm On Aug 11, 2012
sonyjacobs: That bridge is like a time bomb waiting to explode
No need to worry, when it finally explodes and possibly take lives and properties (God forbid), the government would set up a committee to look into the matter undecided
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by ezeagu(m): 9:28pm On Aug 11, 2012
saxywale:

You mean a subway?

Just a tunnel used as a walkway under the motorway. They're common in developed countries, although they sometimes attract crime and homeless people.

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by mmkamson(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2012
Dey cnt stay away from the bridge cos they hav to cross to the otherside of the road, which if they dont use the 'kille pedestrian bridge' for will get them arrested by the state's KAI official and of course u know wht that means....3 freaking years behind bars for loving your life...
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2012
There are many of such bridges in Lagos. I used the one around Onipan bus stop and i was scared to death when i`m about to use it because i know the state it is in and i have no alternative because crossing the high way is almost as suicidal.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by kelvincoll(m): 10:18pm On Aug 11, 2012
Blackteeth: And people still walk on it. When it collaspes and people die, the government will be accused of killing them. Why cant these folks stay away from the brigde since the authourity doesnt want to intervene? It is true that the government has been ineffective but the citizens are not helping themselves either.

I was caught by KAI sometime back for not using the pedestrain bridge. Trust me even a d sight of the fracture on d bridge the so called KAI go still dey catch pedestrian wey buy crossing d express option. Fashola or GEJ who,s to blame now
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by rapmike(m): 10:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Cnt blame dem though 4 using dat bridge,who wan KAI trouble,besides expressways r death traps 2.if fashola could chase hawkers and imprison ppl 4 breaking traffic laws dat were pasd recently (1 way traffic),do u expect ppl 2 risk d expressway?bt BRF is disappointing me.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by egaluv(f): 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2012
May God save us.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 11, 2012
The day this bridge falls now they will start blaming GEJ
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by lorenzos1: 10:38pm On Aug 11, 2012
This bridge collapsed barely about 4yrs ago and it was repaired by some contractors..I remember while repairs were going on people had to cross the express and lives were lost.crossing students were hit by vehicles and the whole tthing wansntt pleasant..we can't really blame Nigerians..I always use the bridge cause I cantt risk crossing the express havving witnessed so many accidentts..let's just hope Fashola's govt wld do something b4 d bridge collapses..anytime I pass the bridge am sure my speed is alwayss faster than bolts sprint..cos its very scary when u see tthe express just underneath you...!
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by redsun(m): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2012
In fash managed state? Odiodi! Abi na lagos of yesteryears sef? That is moral decadence at it height,with countless children lives at stake.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by redsun(m): 11:07pm On Aug 11, 2012
Such a bridge can only be usable in a war torn state. Not in a governable environment.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by sashaa(f): 11:20pm On Aug 11, 2012
Pimples: The funny thing is that not too long ago, If you tried crossing the expressway,
You will be assaulted by those guys in Green (KAI) For not using the pedestrian bridge
Infact you'll be forced to pay. They'll search you and take everything they find.

Meanwhile, the one @ Cele Xpress that does not have all those VISIBLE cracks
is also another potential Disaster waiting to happen.
When you are on it, It vibrates like a Nokia 3310....

omg.i use dat a lot
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by emmalezy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 11, 2012
Na wa oooo
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by stpat1(m): 11:40pm On Aug 11, 2012
I hope those over zealous KAI officials are not lurking at corners to arrest people for crossing the road instead of using the death trap.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by sunnshyn(f): 11:43pm On Aug 11, 2012
That's my hood oo......aww! Lived just across that road...

Bia OP, would u rather my mother or father crossed that road and risk been killed immediately by always-in-a-hurry Lagos drivers?
I grew up there and used that bridge up till recently sef. it's bad but really not as bad as it's been shown in the pictures,

I however agree that the bridge be taken down completely for a new one....that bridge "e haff tay-ed na"...lol.. A part of it fell years back I guess. Fashola, do something!
Only God saves and he's still in that business....
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by swizzle(m): 12:34am On Aug 12, 2012
And people still walk on it. When it collaspes and people die, the government will be accused of killing them. Why cant these folks stay away from the brigde since the authourity doesnt want to intervene? It is true that the government has been ineffective but the citizens are not helping themselves either.

cos if u dnt use it nd decide to cross d express, govt officials will arrest u angry
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by swizz01(m): 4:19am On Aug 12, 2012
†ђξ lagos state govt shd beta do somtin b4 somtin do ppl....bt those ppl stil walkin on it cnt D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ see †ђξ danger i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ it?.......if i com across dt place,i won't dare use it °oo°°oo°o.......​M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ life stil important °oo°°oo°o.....
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by hollandis(f): 4:49am On Aug 12, 2012
austin4real: ;DViewing this topic: sonyjacobs, lukzy500, osamawhite, ezme(m), klexy_04(m), camrygmail, J.Sparrow(m), yusuf01(m), jydux(m), bd4u(f), kefidoh(m), Waheedi, Jencejyde(m), Nasri100(m), Quelme, Wizee(m), CarlosVent(m), folufx, qweenaxx(f), Eyimofe2020, topliest, كلورين, joedy01, isquar3d3(m), solayemi(f), sheyguy, leftone, bulls_eye(f), awilo logomba(f), isaco(m), uncleb(m), horlahwahlexxi, gimbus1(m), pek(m), endi4real, styvne, Osejie(m), Beaf!, kidd211, ucever(m), fe32(m), kaypound(m), chorlay, upnaijaDRN, Cyndas(f), desu, Henries, Tinu4real(f), heed101, lovelysini(f), coolegbo(m), MDMAN, benkings(m), OlaAjia(m), chamber2(m), Gods-Son(m), ULSHERLAN(m), bolubajo, Nicklee(m), benz33, la furia(m), femisek(m), Omoaka11(f), janykute, alienvirus, Cultured(m), Tony Spike, lokkosi, asha 80(m), enochichan, yemmight(m), topeorekoy(m), strita(f), engr j(m) and 131 guest(s)
shocked
Why did you compile this list?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Onyenna(m): 5:57am On Aug 12, 2012
It's a pity.........
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by basisop(m): 6:18am On Aug 12, 2012
The first day I climbed the Ilasa bridge I felt like running back mid way but the bridge is the better evil because vehicles blaze minimum of 100kmph along that Oshodi express. Govt wld rather fix it after the disaster and pay the hospital bills of those injured. Everythg is politicized in Nigeria.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by chucky234(m): 6:49am On Aug 12, 2012
A death trap wait for its preys,too bad people are too ignorant to see that.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

African City Skyline Pictures / Warri-Itakpe Bound Light Train Derails (Photos) / This Is The Reason Why Most Taxicabs Are Painted Yellow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.