Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) (26876 Views)

Car Plunges Off A Bridge With 4 People Inside In Akure This Morning (Photos) / Pedestrian Bridge Collapses On Taxi In Kano, 7 Die (Photo) / Pictures Of Air Conditioned Pedestrian Bridge In Port Harcourt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Jaideyone(m): 7:59am On Aug 12, 2012
i know this bridge very well. the one at cash wash bus stop after iyana oworo is also as bad as this. The funny part of it is that some people still display their goods (fuits, clothes, shoes, lamps, dvds) and sell them on the bridge.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by abysirius(m): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2012
Pimples: The funny thing is that not too long ago, If you tried crossing the expressway,
You will be assaulted by those guys in Green (KAI) For not using the pedestrian bridge
Infact you'll be forced to pay. They'll search you and take everything they find.

Meanwhile, the one @ Cele Xpress that does not have all those VISIBLE cracks
is also another potential Disaster waiting to happen.
When you are on it, It vibrates like a Nokia 3310....

It's very simple. If u're apprehended, then u go to court instead of bribing them. At least u av a genuine reason for avoiding the death trap called pedestrian bridge. Mind u, this only applies to the bad ones o... Pedestrian bridges are for are safety.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by tobssyt(m): 9:32am On Aug 12, 2012
Kai! C bridge! Na earthquake?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by RichDad1(m): 9:48am On Aug 12, 2012
Naija for you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by yemmy19(m): 10:24am On Aug 12, 2012
Blackteeth: And people still walk on it. When it collaspes and people die, the government will be accused of killing them. Why cant these folks stay away from the brigde since the authourity doesnt want to intervene? It is true that the government has been ineffective but the citizens are not helping themselves either.
If u hv been there,u wil see beggars nd sellers on d brigde
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by hannydarl(f): 10:49am On Aug 12, 2012
The government is responsible for the lives of people using facilities built by it. You cannot build a bridge don't maintain it and blame the citizen that become casualties for its negligence. Now if people don't use the bridge will it be safer to run across the road? What about those vehicles that have no option but to drive underneath it? Do we also blame them? In nigeria problems that masses should not worry about becomes the major source of worry. We suffer unecesarily in Nigeria. We have a govenment. We should focus on other things like making a living and discovering things to make life easy for us while government takes care of Security, Electricity, water etc but in the black mans world, all man for himself.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Kobojunkie: 11:13am On Aug 12, 2012
Youngzedd: Some Nigerians are really risking their lives, just take a look........

A dilapidated pedestrian bridge at Sadiku Bus-stop in Ilasamaja area of Lagos metropolis is still in use even though it is on the verge of collapse.

Last night information circulated that parts of the bridge deck fell over three vehicles and injured some three people.

Citizen journalist visited the bridge today and saw several people using the pedestrian bridge; apparently unaware of the threat it poses to themselves and vehicles plying the ever-busy Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

Resident said the Lagos state government had promised to fix the bridge but surprisingly the killer bridge remains actively in use.

Your Comments........

Please help report this to the right authorities instead.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by anicho(m): 11:30am On Aug 12, 2012
Make dem no kill us finish ooo! But dem no fit sef... Oluwa is behind us. Check my signature for relief link.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Undabridge(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2012
Onegai: I've passed this bridge a lot. It collapsed a few years back, wonder why it's in bad form already. Obviously not repaired well. There should be a LASTMA/KAI official there to direct traffic and stop it for pedestrians and stop usage of the bridge. Nigerians can also use their brains and stop using it, get to Ibalex or the next busstop and use it. A hassle, but better be safe than sorry.

I am a resident in dat area and my house is not far from the expressway.People do not have any other choice but to use the bridge becos of the risk behind crossing the expressway.Sometimes I do cross the expressway at my own risk becos I don't want to be on d bridge the day it will collapse....but there are some pple who do not have the mind to cross the expressway so it is a must they ply the bridge for their own sake.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by badesco(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2012
Youngzedd: Some Nigerians are really risking their lives, just take a look........

A dilapidated pedestrian bridge at Sadiku Bus-stop in Ilasamaja area of Lagos metropolis is still in use even though it is on the verge of collapse.

Last night information circulated that parts of the bridge deck fell over three vehicles and injured some three people.

Citizen journalist visited the bridge today and saw several people using the pedestrian bridge; apparently unaware of the threat it poses to themselves and vehicles plying the ever-busy Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

Resident said the Lagos state government had promised to fix the bridge but surprisingly the killer bridge remains actively in use.

Your Comments........

since this issue bothered on the low trodden, i mean the poor masses, the fashola Government would not fix the bridge but if it would affect the rich elites then the bridge would get instant attention of Gov. Fashola. Eko oni Baje o .....
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by badesco(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2012

Your Comments........

since this issue bothered on the low trodden, i mean the poor masses, the fashola Government would not fix the bridge but if it would affect the rich elites then the bridge would get instant attention of Gov. Fashola. Eko oni Baje o .....
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by redsun(m): 12:21pm On Aug 12, 2012
The lives of everyday nigerians are not worth healthy pumped up oyinbo chickens. For that land mine to be left open means that there is no atom of health and safety rugulations in nigeria.

That is a monumental disaster waiting to explode,and it is avoidable.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Blackteeth(m): 1:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
ocelot2006:

And why can't the govt seal up the bridge till it's fully repaired?
And your comment also shows why I said Nigerians are not helping themseves. Are you waiting for govt to seal the bridge before you stop using it? One of the problems Nigerians have is that they over rely on government for everything. The masses should cooperate and seal the brigde themselves
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by dlomen: 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2012
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Fashola dey worki ooo! cheesy
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by lastpage: 4:41pm On Aug 12, 2012
Maybe those overzealous "KAI" should now begin to arrest peeps for using the "Dangerous Bridge"!

Or arrest the government officials responsible for these "Dangerous Bridge"!!

I tinx their job is to arrest people for doing dangerous things? shocked

Lastpage!
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by automania: 7:07pm On Aug 12, 2012
For those blaming pedestrians still using the bridge, if u have been on any of these bridges u will not be blaming these people. It is the responsility of the Govt to provide a safe structure before u order people to use it. A few years ago before the Onipanu pedestrian bridge was rebuilt, I found myself crossing the highway because I couldn't get myself to climb that death trap of a bridge. That day I was arrested and when I argued about the state of the bridge they laughed me to scorn. I ended up getting a receipt at the police station for 3k naira.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Apokalipto: 11:12pm On Aug 12, 2012
mehn......this is so unbelieveable.....in 21st century?!!!
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by zubike01(m): 12:33am On Aug 13, 2012
you all should take a look at this link tells an interesting story about confra www.jollyrougeseries.com
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by caspapa(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2012
The bridge is over 30 years old, and repair work was done just once some years back when part of it collapsed. I remember myself and my brother took a wait- and-get picture on the same bridge when I was 7.

Lagos State government need to do more concerning this bridge, they don’t need to wait until the lead to the death of people before they will react. I hope the user of the bridge will know that this is a very bid hazard and stop using the bridge for now until repair works.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Pukkah: 7:51am On Aug 13, 2012
The state of this bridge is unacceptable. I commend the poster for exposing the state of the bridge. There should be more efforts like this to expose the inefficiency of government at all levels.

I expect the Lagos State government to fix this bridge without further delay.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by easy(m): 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
So why peddle rumor of doom when there was none. This is the message I received on saturday about this bridge.

"Please, if you are heading towards Oshodi/Mile 2 find another route. There is heavy traffic along Oshodi-Mile 2 expressway, as the Ilasamaja/Hassan pedestrian bridge has finally collapsed. It has been confirmed that it crashed into moving truck and 2 Lagos Faragon buses. Presently 3 people has been confirmed dead with numerous casualties. Pls rebroadcast this message to inform others"

The point is why go through with the task of sending this kind of message when you know that it is false.
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by samizy1000: 12:08pm On Aug 13, 2012
Blackteeth: And people still walk on it. When it collaspes and people die, the government will be accused of killing them. Why cant these folks stay away from the brigde since the authourity doesnt want to intervene? It is true that the government has been ineffective but the citizens are not helping themselves either.

u dont hav 2 blame them wat if thats d only way to there working place
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by gulfer: 7:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
This concern is very apt but we must not fail to talk about humans who fail to act as human but rather like goats while we live yhe goats to make use of the bridges.

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by Fhemmmy: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2012
Na wa oh . . .
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by jason123: 11:26pm On Sep 24, 2014
This is bad. sad
I hope it has been fixed?
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by nkkystel(f): 8:10pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmm... May God help us!
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by aspirebig: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
#Eko oni baje...O baje ti...
Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by erne: 6:03am On Feb 03, 2016
We are pleased to introduce to you a new means of POSTER ADVERTISING which serves as a replacement for indiscriminate Poster Pasting/ Distribution in Lagos State.

Our Agency is approved by LASAA and the methods of our operation include Poster on an Aluminum Frame,
to be place inside the walk-way of all pedestrian bridges in Lagos.

Advantages of this mode of Advert:
1. Your Advert reaches your desired audience
2. Wider coverage; Students, women, men, workers, employed and unemployed
3. It is relatively cheap and affordable.
4. Flexible Advert Plans
5. You are on the right side of the law(LASAA)
6. Available on all Pedestrian Bridges in Lagos.

Contact us for more details:
freemacx78@yahoo.com
08139458588, 08053408939

(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: Sadiku Bus-stop, Lagos "Killer" Pedestrian-Bridge (WITH PHOTOS) by WelconnectTrav1(m): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Someone somewhere in the the darkest location of aflao!

VeektourStober:
Un2 Final Destinatn Finz.. .. Abeg oo Fashola shld do sumfin quickly abt it...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Car Crashes Into Prayer Ground In Ogun, 2 Killed, Many Injured / Update From The Lagos-ibadan Railway Project / Photo: Vehicle Overload In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.