Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,460 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? (14892 Views)

How To Continue Earning Your Monthly Income Even After Losing Your Job / Vacancy( N100k- N1m/mth) / Working In A Bank Is Better Than Working In An Oil Company - Fact Or Fiction? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by SegunTX(m): 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2007
I currently live in the States, making a comfortable 6 figure income ($110,000 < mysal < $130,000) working as an SAP BW consultant. But I am hardwired that eventually I have to come live in Naija. I am planning to relocate very soon. I have been on this site and other sites as well trying to get as much information as possible.

However all the jobs I keep seein here and there seems not to offer anything close to N1M a month. That amount seems to be like a yearly income or something .

Ok, please someone tell me that there are jobs out there that pays that much, or is it just a dream, maybe I am just dreaming, maybe I should just stay back here in the States, maybe.

Ma brodas and sisters I need someone to fill me in here if I am missing something.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by SegunTX(m): 9:09pm On Dec 20, 2007
Ok, I am still to hear any information from you all, Please keep me posted peoples,
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by aniffy4eva(m): 9:48pm On Dec 20, 2007
Its very possible, The honest truth is that those that earn such sums hardly post here on nairaland. However, this would depend on your work experience and the industry you are interested in.

Moreover, most of the posts (on salaries < or = N1m per annum) you see here are usually for graduates fresh out of the university.

Before you move to Naija, please weigh your options carefully.

Regards

Just my 2 cents. wink
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by SegunTX(m): 9:57pm On Dec 20, 2007
Ok, that makes more sense, What do you see for an IT professional with about 6 years of experience, , and besides ERP technologies (SAP) are the bum here in the States, do you think likewise,
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by sweetonyx(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2007
Hmmmmmm shocked shocked shocked
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by aniffy4eva(m): 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2007
@ seguntx

Well, with 6 yrs work experience in IT, i think you have a shot at it, Although some IT companies may pay you that much, you may stand a better chance heading the IT department of companies in other sectors . Having a static salary package for experienced hires is not so plausible. Your package is based more on your negotiation and your prospective employer's perception.

Regards

smiley
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by kennykay(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2007
The big companies in Nigeria are crazy about foreign certificates and international working experience. Since you have either of this, do your homework very well. Drop your CV on line with the companies you are interested in and you will surely get a call if your service is really needed. Also, note that IT is booming now.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by SegunTX(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2007
@kennykay

Thanks for the information.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Gettolove(m): 3:55pm On Dec 21, 2007
open ur wink
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by eruobodo: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2007
I suggest you do a research on companies embracing SAP in Nigeria now and approach them via their websites. You would definitely get a call/telephone interview. There is a fast growing needed for uncommonly skilled manpower in Nigeria now.

I know a few compamnies that are embracing SAP presently , "insider info" , kindly send me an email to have them.

Regards.
eruobodo@gmail.com
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by SegunTX(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2007
@eruobodo

Thanks for the input, I sent you an email,
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by skyjuice: 6:21pm On Dec 26, 2007
Seguntx, I see that u have SAP BW expeerience,, this is a field I am currently trying to get into. Can u pls email me ur details at omisore1st@yahoo.com, so that I can get intouch with u. Thanks.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by haydesh: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
Yes ₦1m+ is possible, SAP BW, Basis et al might not be as appreciated in NGN as should be.

as someone has said, your bargaining power would play a deciding factor.
In-btw, ensure ALL is signed on dotted line before moving over and even after moving over, you might still notice some 'slag' in your agreed and actual remuneration.

Try to attend "career in Africa" fair in the states.

All the best
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
has nairaland attained dis level of boredom?

A 4 years old topic. . .

Na wa oh!
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by stagger: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2011
OP,

Truth is that there is hardly any job that pays you N1m a month unless you head into a multinational company at managerial level. You should either stay in the states or think of how to better monetize your skills.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by FEMARY1: 3:07pm On Dec 04, 2011
SAP BW(Business Warehouse), I love Nigerians,excelling everywhere.

Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 04, 2011
lmao!!  why awaken a topic that died a good four years ago??  shocked
Slow news-day today huh?  grin
na wa oo!
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by vladimiros: 3:14pm On Dec 04, 2011
you have a good job in the States,

DON'T COME BACK
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by igbo2011(m): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2011
Why don't you start your own business?
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2011
That is only possibe when u are ur own boss, just like me, although i dont know if there is any job that pays up to 1m in nigeria apart from international pilots, goodluck to ur search
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 04, 2011
naijasexy:

na wa oo!

Woo, did not notice the year self, mukina2 don bad grin
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by 195(f): 3:28pm On Dec 04, 2011
odiaero:

That is only possibe when u are your own boss, just like me, although i dont know if there is any job that pays up to 1m in nigeria apart from international pilots, goodluck to your search

sharap dia

how much do u have

u this coco yam head undecided
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Rexphobia(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2011
I guess U̶̲̥̅̊ have all that is required, just love-vendor ur cv and sell urself well
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by IbroSaunks(m): 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2011
naijasexy:

na wa oo!
seriously,
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by gaskydudu: 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2011
Hi SegunTX,

It is possible to earn that. But first of all, what exactly dyu wanna come back for: to work for an organisation or be self employed? I suggest that if you wanna come back in the next 4 yrs( after 10yrs work experience as a SAP consultant), you should think of starting up your company.

What is key if u decide to come back is the value-add u r going to bring down here. There are many people who have studied and worked abroad here in Naija, so the competition is stiff. You must be able to differentiate yourself in a certain skill to give you a competitive edge.

I dunno what this could be, but i also suggest that you do a lot of research work on what SAP can offer, the potential clients and competition. You should also start networking with Nigerians who will add value.

Cheers.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Ihengote: 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2011
Moderator, please remove this tread ASAP or[color=#990000][/color]
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by obowunmi(m): 4:40pm On Dec 04, 2011
Hmmmm
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Ndkings1(m): 4:44pm On Dec 04, 2011
N1m in nigeria? me i never that one b4 oooo.
Not even in the dream
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Akanniade(m): 4:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
Sure. Apply to the multinationals, provided you have sufficient experience.
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by remmydada(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2011
segun tx even if u eventualy get a company that will pay u times 5 of ur present salary pls my candid advice for u is to stay back in the states except u want to go into politics thats where u can earn more than a milion per month
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by member479760: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2011
OP dey yourb!
Re: N1m Monthly Income In Nigeria: Fact Or Fiction? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 04, 2011
vladimiros:

you have a good job in the States,

DON'T COME BACK

I bet he relocated to Naija but returned to the States in annoyance. . .like many before him!!

Relocating to Naija no be straight logic o - think through very well and woteva u do, do NOT sell your house in d States.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Privileged #nairalife Of An Investment Banker With Multiple Side Businesses / Employer Fired A Staff And Asked Him To Come Back To Resign Should He ? / BRT Drivers On Strike Over ‘unpaid Salary (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.