Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,802 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida (14849 Views)

Diamond Bank PLC: Annual Tsunami / Access Bank Or University Of Porthsmouth / DIAMOND BANK Or University Of Sunderland.. House Pls Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 26, 2013
I have just completed my medicals with Diamond Bank.....and my uncle and his wife who are both doctors in the USA offered to sponsor my studies and all when they heard I didn't have a job yet(this was b4 I got interview invites with Diamond). I have taken the GMAT n TOEFL already and passed. BUt before I proceed further I want to decide which of the 2 options to take as I wld nt want to encourage them to spend more money and turn around to say I'm not interested. To aid ur judgement, I'm 28years old now.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 26, 2013
what is your first discipline? what are your plans after Msc? Do you plan to come back home? do you really like to work for bank or you just want to take the offer for job sake? what are your career plans? what course do you intend to study in the us?. going for your Msc is not going to be all sweet.Weigh all your options well.All the best

4 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2013
Tx goodsegs. I studied accounting and would be writing my finals (PE2) this may. I would like to work in banking(core function tho) bt you know nothing is assured in d banking industry. One may get posted to even marketing. Its a dilemma so to speak ryt now.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 26, 2013
My intended course of study is Msc Finance
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by toptop: 4:34am On Apr 27, 2013
I suggest you take the Msc option. The banking sector is not worth it any more. This is a vital opportunity , grab it.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 1:07pm On Apr 27, 2013
diamond bank is one of the top three paying banks in nigeria . Unless you dream of still taking peanuts from your guardians after 30years but god forbid. I'd recommend you take the job. Enrol for a masters in nigera, get married , borh four children, train them, retire with your wife, die at 120years old.
#datsall...

36 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by 1odogwu: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2013
Go for the MSc. Its the better choice. It surely is.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by yuzedo: 10:55am On Apr 29, 2013
Bro, did you uncle and anty wanted to take u to the abroadddd to do [size=18pt]SLAVE LABOR[/size]?? undecided u want to do sex-trafickking in oversea. Plis bro, u can be grate in Nigeria. better stay bark and do ur slave labor here cos experience is more value dan master digree in abroad this days to employer. Hope dis help. tenks.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by codemasta(m): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Just pray about it to know God's Will about it.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Seum(f): 10:56am On Apr 29, 2013
Personally, I think you should take the job.You need the EXPERIENCE. Whether in a bank or telecom or oil sector. After your MSC, you are as good as a fresh graduate if you dont have any experience. believe me!

4 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by ibkgab001: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2013
Oga move on with your masters jaree and give me that slot to work with diamond bank for just 3 years am ok. ##yankesweetnaijasweet

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by abes(m): 10:59am On Apr 29, 2013
Go for the job now now as I am talking to you angry angry. You can enroll for a masters program in future if necessary. There are loads of masters degree holders in UK and US that will kill to get that job.

4 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Okijajuju1(m): 11:00am On Apr 29, 2013
@ OP

You read Accounting for your first degree..

I will advise you to take the job offer from Diamond Bank. Accept the offer of admission from any University that offers you one and defer it. Give Diamond Bank two to three years of your life, then return to school for your MSc.

I tell you this because your employability would be maximized with a 3-year job experience on your resume plus an MSc compared with No job experience and an MSc. The MSc you can control, the job you can’t. That’s why I would say take the job and defer your admission.

35 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by jeebz: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2013
Guitarlife: diamond bank is one of the top three paying banks in nigeria . Unless you dream of still taking peanuts from your guardians after 30years but god forbid. I'd recommend you take the job. Enrol for a masters in nigera, get married , borh four children, train them, retire with your wife, die at 120years old.
#datsall...

The banking industry has the highest staff turnover , career is not all about pay. An Msc Finance will make you as versatile as possible. You can go into academia, consulting or work in a blue chip company.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 29, 2013
Mikespartan: I have just completed my medicals with Diamond Bank.....and my uncle and his wife who are both doctors in the USA offered to sponsor my studies and all when they heard I didn't have a job yet(this was b4 I got interview invites with Diamond). I have taken the GMAT n TOEFL already and passed. BUt before I proceed further I want to decide which of the 2 options to take as I wld nt want to encourage them to spend more money and turn around to say I'm not interested. To aid ur judgement, I'm 28years old now.

Take the USA option. You sound like an intelligent guy. If you can pass GMAT and TOEFL and you still got invite from diamond, i think you should go for more studies. u will not regret it. my two pence.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by yinkuschua(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2013
Think wisely and pray before taking either options.. Firstly with Msc you could earn more and Diamond being among top three banks of our time..doesn't make nigeria banking industry different...so be prayerful
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by badesco(m): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2013
If it is a genuine offer please take the U.S offer because it would pay you on the long run. The Diamond offer is just one of those offer that would not last, why because the present economic reality now makes Bank employment unattractive to job seekers. You can be fired anytime and that would mean back to square one.so my guy wise up.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Fogman(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2013
I think u have a better prospect going for your M.Sc. Banking jobs are not rosy as before. God guide u as u take a decision.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Fadelex(m): 11:04am On Apr 29, 2013
there are so many people with Msc roamin about without any meaningful source of income, i will advice you to take d job and start your own life, u can stil do d masters in few years time....

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by nairaman66(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2013
I hope you are alright mentally? If you make the wrong choice.., I will personally find you and finish you off!! Joking.. Buddy, you don't have to think twice.. Run for your dear life... cheesy
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Seum(f): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2013
Okija_juju: @ OP

I will advise you to take the job offer from Diamond Bank. Accept the offer of admission from any University that offers you one and defer it. Give Diamond Bank two to three years of your life, then return to school for your MSc.

I tell you this because your employability would be maximized with a 3-year job experience on your resume plus an MSc compared with No job experience and an MSc. The MSc you can control, the job you can’t. That’s why I would say take the job and defer your admission.

GBAM, GBAM AND GBAM again

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by drealnamdy(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2013
yuzedo: Bro, did you uncle and anty wanted to take u to the abroadddd to do [size=18pt]SLAVE LABOR[/size]?? undecided u want to do sex-trafickking in oversea. Plis bro, u can be grate in Nigeria. better stay bark and do ur slave labor here cos experience is more value dan master digree in abroad this days to employer. Hope dis help. tenks.

See dis retarded bad adviser ...I gues u hav to re read what d op jst wrote..of all d constant downsize in d bankin sector..I can't believe dat pple re stl fightin to get in without job security..my brother u can go ahead wth ur Msc abroad after which u can secure several jobs over and be workin doing ur programme...Dis iz d University of Florida in d United state for cryin out loud.....and u re contemplating of droppin dat opportunity for som bank Job?? C'mon!! angry

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by churific(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2013
Unless you get a green card, I suggest you take that job.

Here in the USA, the economy is slowly recovering but still stagnant. So, if you finish schooling here, you'd still be out of a job because even the citizens are finding it hard to get a job let alone the international students.

And if you can't find a job after 6 months of graduation, they'll send you back to your country and you'll definitely be back to square 1.

Besides, the financial and accounting principals of the US are bit different compared to most other countries in the world that use general principles hence, you'll be at a disadvantage. Your expertise is in Nigeria. I would stay especially since you're already 28.

Nothing stops you from coming to visit them periodically, that's if you just want to visit the US.

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by dridowu: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2013
If u dnt mind, go 4 diamond bank and inform ur Uncle dat am available 4 University of South Florida
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by mascot87(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2013
I am here thinking about May 1st and hoping my dream of going to the state comes true and u have an offer of going there to study and you are thinking of accepting one bank job here in Nigeria that can terminate your appointment anytime,who told you that you will not get a job after your MSc? are they God? Bro, dont ever miss your MSc opportunity. I beg you in d name of God. It's well with u

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by sharqur99: 11:20am On Apr 29, 2013
I know for sure dt wateva nlers say will not affect ur decision coz dt mind is already made up, u re just conducting an opinion poll which is not bad.....The good tin abt ur case is dt u can eat ur cake and still av it,just accept the admission and defer it yl u continue working wit Diamond bank and weneva u get tired of the job wc I knw will not be too long(say 2-4yrs),ball out and go for ur masters.By that time, u won't be over-dependent on ur uncle.

3 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by Boss13: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2013
Okija_juju: @ OP

Please re-read this over and over again. EXPERIENCE IS KEY (EVEN IN HELL)

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by kaytytty: 11:31am On Apr 29, 2013
hope u see say govt dey plan to fire 20000 phcn workers na d usual tin 4 naija so if u like learner until ur sponsors go change their mind

2 Likes

Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by deor03(m): 11:31am On Apr 29, 2013
Diamond Bank.
Re: Diamond Bank Or University Of South Florida by sanandreas(m): 11:35am On Apr 29, 2013
plz go for ur masters. Don't dull. These banks can hire and fire @ will.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Range Of A Flight Dispatcher At Entry Level. / Saving Vs Investing: Which One Is Better? / Your Plan B Source of Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.