Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,745 members, 7,824,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... (1050 Views)

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. / Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. / Mothers Please Talk To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by taryour(f): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2012
I have intentions to wheen my son before he marks his 1st birthday which is in 3weeks from now. I tried it yesterday and succesfuly dint give him breastmilk throughout the day,thoug it wasnt easy at all coupled with d pain,sweeling and urge to vomit. But at midnight when he woke up was a diffrent ball game entirely as he refused to collect anything xcept from breastmilk which i eventualy gave him. Pls mothers kindly share your tips how you carried out this task as i need ideas urgently..

Pls note,my son never accepted fomular or bottle,exclusive for 6months and started solid imediately,he started walking as early as 10months and 2weeks.... Tnx as a await your response.
Re: Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by Johndoe100(m): 11:12am On Aug 12, 2012
Why mothers only? Isn't that sexism? I am sure that there are many male members who can give good advice.

I de fear those kine men sha
Re: Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by uyogabie(f): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2012
You just have to be determined other wise,it won't work.If you can,let him sleep in seperate room.make sure you feed him well before he goes to sleep.Liquid like tea will be very helpful in pacifying him at night.Take pain reliever and antibiotics for your breast and use hot water to press out the milk ro reduce the pain.Good luck.
Re: Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by EfemenaXY: 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2012
Have a read of this Tayour and then speak to your paediatrician / health visitor for more advice and suggestions, or if you have any specific questions on this:

Weaning is a change from one type of food to another and is the term usually used to describe how an infant transitions from breastfeeding to either the bottle, a cup or solid food. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding exclusively until the baby is four to six months old, and continuing to breastfeed along with the introduction of solid foods until the baby’s first birthday. However, the decision about when to wean your baby is a personal one.

From Breast to Bottle or Cup

The best way to wean your baby from the breast to the bottle is gradually. Start by substituting one breastfeeding session a day with a bottle. As the days go on you can slowly introduce more bottles and start breastfeeding less. Replace daytime feedings first then change naptime and early morning. Bedtime is usually the hardest feeding for an infant to give up so it is usually the last one to be eliminated.

Infants develop the ability to drink from a cup at about 6 months of age. If your baby is over 6 months old you can decide to wean directly to a cup. You should wean to a cup the same way you would wean to a bottle.

If you decide to wean your baby before one year, you will need to give your baby pumped breast milk or infant formula. You can discuss with your doctor the best choice of formula for your baby. After one year, your baby will be able to digest whole milk.

Solid Foods

When your baby is 4 to 6 months old your doctor will advise you to begin solid foods. The introduction of solid foods into your baby’s diet may naturally assist the weaning process.

Iron fortified infant cereal is typically introduced first. Rice cereal is the most common choice since it is easily digested and the least likely to cause an allergic reaction. If cereal is well tolerated you can begin to introduce strained fruits and vegetables to your baby. Add new foods one at a time, every few days and check for food allergies each time you introduce something new.

The American Academy of Pediatrics has not found any evidence that delaying the introduction of fish, eggs or peanut products will prevent allergies. These foods may be added once your baby is tolerating solid foods after four to six months of age.

By 7 to 9 months, your baby can begin trying new textures, meats, mashed table food and finger foods. Avoid nuts, grapes and small food items that can be a choking hazard to infants, and do not give honey, or whole milk until after your baby’s first birthday.

http://breastfeeding.about.com/od/breastfeedingbystage/a/Weaning-Your-Baby-From-The-Breast.htm
Re: Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by taryour(f): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2012
@ efe thank you soo much, this is realy gonna help me a long way.tnx a lot God bless u.

@uyogabie tnx for d advice realy apprediate it.

@Johndoe tnx to u too.
Re: Mothers Please Your Good Advices And Ideas Will Be Appriciated... by EfemenaXY: 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2012
^^ No worries. wink

I guess this helps answer your questions / worries about night-time feeding...you'll be fine Tayour

All the best kiss

(1) (Reply)

Between Our Partner And Our Parent-in-law,who Are We To Respect More? / Should A Mother Be Allowed To Breastfeed In A Public Swimming Pool? / Sex Happens Everywhere Except In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.