Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. (5405 Views)

Wife Lost 15kg In 3 Months: Mothers Please Advice. / Mothers......... Please Help My Baby. / Mothers Please Talk To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by bizgirl(f): 4:37pm On May 20, 2013
good day to you all mothers in the house,i have heard many dos and donts about pregnancy, and i will like to learn as i dont knw if all these are discussed at ante-natal sessions. Things like pregnant woman should not take a kind of beverage,drink soft drinks, in other to avoid d baby gaining execcess weight which may lead to delivery by CS. also what are the best drug for a pregnant woman that has running stomach cos i have someone that lost her pregnancy to a certaing drug while stooling. does ferous actually help during pregnancies?

people might feel i should meet a doctor for advice, yes you are right but there are some things that requre experience--bein the best teacher.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by missojugo(f): 5:00pm On May 20, 2013
My pregnancies: the first 4 months are totally horrible! Can't eat, can't sleep,vomiting, weightb. Loss, if U dont know I was preggy you would think I had HIV!!! During those perilous months am like "Never again" but you know what when they put the baby in my arms and say "here's YOUR baby" I just melt and forget everything....

So my advise- if u can hold things down make sure u take all vitamins and Iron recommended by your Gyn, eat as much fruits as u can hold down, drink loads of water always, don't take more than a bottle of coke a day, make your soups with loads of dark green vegetable, minimize oil in your soups and stews, take a walk around your compound every evening or morning, and avoid arguments/confrontations that can increase your bp!!!
Most important of all look for a very good Gyn and check out his track record. Iy u don't feel comfy with him trust ya instincts and look for another one!

Welcome to motherhood
smiley
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by bizgirl(f): 5:32pm On May 20, 2013
thanks a bunch.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 20, 2013
I'm also interested in learning.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by greatgod2012(f): 9:45pm On May 20, 2013
Congratulations!, and welcome on board!
As you have started the 9-months journey, may you get to your preferred destination with joy and fulfilment.

Human differs, pregnancy differs. Sme have high risk pregnancy and some do not. Some women are so lucky that they dont have any problem at all throughout the pregnancy period, while some women encounter several problems, some problems are even life-threatening, well, it all depends on individuals metabolism, no one is a "guru" when it comes to pregnancy issue. No matter the category you fall into, your destination, i mean success or otherwise depends on your approach to life, whatever one believes he can achieve, definately, he can.
Now, first of all, get registered for ante-natal, its never too early to get registered and ensure you get tested for all necessary tests you may be required to do, never joke with rhesus factor.
On each and every antenatal visit, never feel shy to ask any question bothering you, that is why you are there, no question is too ridiculous to ask abeg.
Next, take all your drugs as at when instructed.
Exercise, not very rigorous one o, but ensure you walk for at least 10 minutes daily.
Take a lot of fruits, its good for you and for the baby.
Drink a lot of water, it helps to regulate the water in which the baby lives(amnioatic sac/water), and also good for bowels emptying.
Try as much as possible to live in peace with everyone, happiness and laughter plays some roles too in easing childbirth.
You may strangely crave for some things, its normal, its caused by pregnancy hormnes, but do it maturely.
Avoid negative thought, remember, as a man thinks, so is he.
Avoid to much stress and ensure you have adequate rest.
If possible, avoid soft drinks and beverages, like milo,or bournvita, i heard they have tendency of making babies bigger, which may make delivery more difficult.
Do not because of pregnancy, run away from your hubby, invite him and enjoy yourselves on bed and as time goes on, you will know when to change you sexual positions.
If possible, get a copy of a book known as "everywoman", it addresses most of your fears.
One more thing, save towards the d-day, you may be needing some extra money, so save and always ensure you encourage your hubby to save.
Pray always, especially for yourself, ensure you always lay your hands on your tummy and declare what you want concerning the preggy.
Now, i wish you safe pregnancy and joyful delivery, but if probably your doctor advise you to go through CS, please, do not argue, accept, they know better than we do, many have killed themselves, due to this ignorance and unnecessary fear they impose on themselves.
May God see all if us through o.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 20, 2013
Congrats dear.u should go and register for antenatal class especially in general hospital. there,everything u want to know will be explained to u better and u will meet fellow mothers to be also.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 20, 2013
Welcome to the journey.Avoid any medication that is not prescribed by your Gyno.Dont bother yourself about CS and the likes just concentrate on taking care of yourself and eating healthy.The fact that a baby weighed above 4 points doesn't necessary mean it ll be a difficult delivery, don't let anyone frighten you.some babies just get big and some remain small. I register for antenatal to be sure of what's going on inside but for prenatal vitamins, I take folic acid, ferrous sulphate, vit c ,B complex and a tablet of paludrine(pp)once a week . eat whatever you want to eat but take it easy on salt and sugar.Google is your friend, don't let anyone confuse you with old wives tales .Welcome on board grin
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by baby124: 3:58am On May 21, 2013
Congrats OP cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by Shaishenna: 10:26am On May 21, 2013
www.babycentre.com and register they will send you a weekly development on your baby and neccessary things you must do to have a healthy baby.
Re: Mothers Please Be Our Tutor During The 9 Months. by tendy08(f): 12:14pm On May 21, 2013
Awwwh...this so reminds me of when I was pregnant. Wasn't easy, but is worth every bit of the stress and discomforts. Op, like everyone here's said, ALWAYS ask your doctor before you take any medication.

And this part is mostly not told, until the later on. Avoiding any situation that will cause you to fall as that may lead to cord prolapse which is a serious thingy.

Hmmm...please drink plenty of water to avoid dehydration and at tis early stage, ensure to take your multivitamins religiously, as you are likely to be experiencing loss of appetite.

That being said, I can help you with supply diapers oo (huggies) please...LOL.

(1) (Reply)

Is A Wide Vagina For An Unmarried Lady Always A Sign Of Promiscuity? / How Long Can Your Mother-In-Law Stay With You? / SUICIDE My NEXT OPTION If This Fails Too!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.