Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song (12816 Views)

Who Deserves Credit For A Hit Song, The Music Producer Or The Artiste? / Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
DICKtator: #11. Come up with non-existent slangs/words/catch phrases like tongolo,lamba,tinko,bunga,shakashiki,fokasibe,sleeping-on-a-bicycle,no long thing, dem mama,dem papa,vavaavoom,bombshakala that even adamu-shikena,obi-chineke meh and ade-Yoruba can relate to n u have a hit!!!!
grin grin grin grin

lolz, just like omo ewa longshort, ofe wa bumshort, o fe ma di longthing ..nitori owa sumptuous... bumshot .. okpeke te..wtf!

grin grin
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Its really not funny though. Our music is soo shallow its amazing. If not for my noisy neighbor I wont know most Nigerian songs. I got to know what Kukere was weeks after every goat and cow was singing it. I was always wondering what they were saying until my neighbor decided to put the song on repeat one saturday morning! They are all mostly useless! But then again, the people love it. undecided
Anyways, there are still some guys I love downloading SOME of their songs. Brymo (Goodmorning and We all need something), Dare (Love the way you are and Not the girl) and Djinee (Ego and I no dey shame for you)...etc.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by ElZionista(m): 12:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lol,d post n comments are so true.one more thing,dont forget to tell d story of ur previous poverty n struggles before u made it,9ja loves rags to riches story.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
@OP, ur very much on point, but some Naija music are different with very good message(s)! Check out my signature n listen to "streetboy"

1lv
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 3:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Notjustok.com KO. Najustokin biscuits NI. If you wan blow u go blow don't depend on one razz website. Nonsense. Do dey even pay artists to play their songs on their website? Pls will really like to know. Any body with ideas?
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
And ofcoz add some yoruba flavor to the song. Like molowo, noni, yepa, e mini, iwo wink
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by NOLONGTIN1(m): 3:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
i have never liked Nigerian music, some are ok e.g. MI's last album. but generally Nigerian music are usually the same(imagine Terry G using the same beat for different songs sad). My friends call me a 'white man' : - because its only foreign music CDs you will find in my car. but can you really blame me?
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by mikuz(m): 4:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Zeddicus: Its really not funny though. Our music is soo shallow its amazing. If not for my noisy neighbor I wont know most Nigerian songs. I got to know what Kukere was weeks after every goat and cow was singing it. I was always wondering what they were saying until my neighbor decided to put the song on repeat one saturday morning! They are all mostly useless! But then again, the people love it. undecided
Anyways, there are still some guys I love downloading SOME of their songs. Brymo (Goodmorning and We all need something), Dare (Love the way you are and Not the girl) and Djinee (Ego and I no dey shame for you)...etc.
Oh my God !!!
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by jereal(m): 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
the producer must finish the beat in less than 30 minutes, else he's wasting too much studio time...and of cos, apply excess auto tune to the voices...smh
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Suntemi(m): 5:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
Apply Auto-Tune. Lol
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by pofolo(m): 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
And that is why the likes of Beautiful nubia, Ego, Asa, Adol and Lagbaja songs are NOT HITS in 9ja but then they receive arcolades , recognision and awards in foreign lands.
There shud be a clear distinction btw NOISE & MUSIC in 9ja music industry !!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Bella3(f): 6:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
NO LONG TIN: i have never liked Nigerian music, some are ok e.g. MI's last album. but generally Nigerian music are usually the same(imagine Terry G using the same beat for different songs sad). My friends call me a 'white man' : - because its only foreign music CDs you will find in my car. but can you really blame me?
NO, YOU ARE NT ALÖNE

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Bella3(f): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
pofolo: And that is why the likes of Beautiful nubia, Ego, Asa, Adol and Lagbaja songs are NOT HITS in 9ja but then they receive arcolades , recognision and awards in foreign lands.
There shud be a clear distinction btw NOISE & MUSIC in 9ja music industry !!!
if only they knew the difference!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by doublecross(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2012
I am sorry to say this. There are just three steps to making a hit here in Nigeria.
1................say rubbish
2................Introduce a non existing Dance Style
3................Introduce a non existing Slang.

shikena
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by obailala(m): 6:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Nigerians!! always deriving pleasure from rubbishing anything that originates from within angry

There should be a similar thread for nollywood movies
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by raystanley(m): 8:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
afam4eva: Some new Nigerian musicians will go to london and perform in someone's sitting room and then when they return they will tell you that they went on a tour of europe. Video we no go see.
MMMMH! D'B.A.N.G (koko...)
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by kushe: 10:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
@OP

U can't force a song to become a hit.A hit will have intercourse with ur eardrums at the first encounter and even if the first experience isn't it,it will grow on you.It always happens,haterqs can say what they like but how else can you respond to the immediate appeal of oleku,those samklef tracks for wizkid like don't dull and pakurumo or my best example dami duro. Keep hating on davido but in ten years y'all going to get nostalgic when you hear that song which is a bonafide hit.the first time I heard the song,it just kept playing in my head and one day in traffic,I started flipping radio channels to see if the song would get played and sure enough I stumbled on a program hosted by illrhmz called radio out loud and davido was the guest.I heard dami duro again and it didn't matter if I was in a horrible traffic,the song had a sedating calming effect on me.u can try all the gimmicks and still not get a hit.rooting for that orezi song where he was saying gibberish,think it is fantastic and should be more popular.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by bibiazim1: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
And you must sing in Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by abbeywasc(m): 12:14am On Aug 14, 2012
ensure it contain a lot of curses and abuse. It'l sel lyk hot cake
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 14, 2012
afam4eva: Some new Nigerian musicians will go to london and perform in someone's sitting room and then when they return they will tell you that they went on a tour of europe. Video we no go see.

omo suffri,u harsh ooooh.e be lyke say one of dem junky musicians done do u strong thing.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Flaix(f): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2012
Well y'all forgot to add that it must be coined from our childhood street rhymes, e.g 'Jangolova epo moto', 'who is in d garden...a sexy fine girl' shocked.... ''Etc
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Emodeee: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2012
U must mention ur a.k.a's...e.g..likes of it's ur boy wizzy..my jamaica frnds call me skill banj,a.k.a eru iku..u ll surely mk a hit.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by deb(m): 2:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
Interestingly the music that shows the best of vocalist and the use of dexterity are the slow music, but in Nigeria our brains are awkward, it is just abt dance or "you are not good"

Still wondering how Asa managed to pull it off? Still wondering really...
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by kellyi: 9:39pm On Aug 16, 2012
[i][/i] oh my God! This is so true but i believe we'd see some great musics some years to come, just watch out guys!
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by isaco(m): 1:21am On Aug 17, 2012
You are right but, Wat about gospel music?
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 17, 2012
Here is Samantha Emman's 'UNDILUTED'!! She is a Nigerian R n'B/Soul/ Afro pop performing artiste. This song is a hit banger!!!
http://www.4shared.com/mp3/NAnTC-Jn/01_undiluted.html
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by odizzy: 12:17pm On Aug 17, 2012
And finally if u r a rapper dnt 4get 2 say praaa!!! At d end of ur verse. Thank u
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Enitsua(m): 6:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
abioila: I'v noticed that light skinned girl
with gold-dyed low cut
hair too,i heard she is the hottest olosho in town.As for Derenle,i think it's the other way round,he begs to be on music videos.i also heard Princess also begs.
which girl r u guys talkin bout is it dat babe in Sausa kid's carolina Video? Nd 4 dis derele guy wot mkes him so popular nd resident in every red carpet event in Naija even in Magazines, or do i hav to kiss charly Boy to b as famous as him *confused*
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by princeuk21(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2012
lol i don laff die, wel dats nice and dats a fact but what about audio promo??
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by Enitsua(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2012
Zeddicus: Its really not funny though. Our music is soo shallow its amazing. If not for my noisy neighbor I wont know most Nigerian songs. I got to know what Kukere was weeks after every goat and cow was singing it. I was always wondering what they were saying until my neighbor decided to put the song on repeat one saturday morning! They are all mostly useless! But then again, the people love it. undecided
lol...d music industry is definately booming 4 me in hard contrast to our movie industry, all dis tings u guys hav mentioned r wot mkes us original
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by chronique(m): 8:46am On Aug 20, 2012
I appreciate the comments I'm seeing here. It's just a sad truth which hurts most of us who really want to do good music. However,I'd love to appeal to you guys not to give up totally on every Nigerian artiste. Some of us are working really hard to change this,even though we're not yet there. Pls listen to the song below and I'm sure you'd understand what I mean.

Download "my life" for free @ http://chronxmedia.com/rio-bills-my-life-chronique-records-exclusive. . If you like what you hear,kindly share with your friends.
Re: 10 Ways To Create A Nigerian Hit Song by FOREXMART(m): 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
Dont forget to use the the almighty word "TILE TILE" Also make sure you use most rhymes ending with "O", E.g she dey wine the thingo, na so the thing go, bend down low, touch your toe, i don blow, tile tile wine am oh, she wan kill me oh, oh oh oh oh oh, oh oh no, alingo, azonto, aso the thing go.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download: Post Malone – Rockstar Ft 21 Savage Instrumental / "Commando" - Wizkid X Mut4y X Ceeza Milli (Video) / [VIDEO] Runtown – Lagos To Kampala Ft. Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.