Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? (37619 Views)

Woman Talks About Killing Her Adulterous Husband On Social Media / Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / The Most Suitable Job For A Married Woman? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 9:44am On Aug 13, 2012
Who is she trying to impress? I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 9:52am On Aug 13, 2012
I think I know whom you're referring to. grin

Well, like you say, she IS married so that's for her & her hubby to worry about - not you. To each, their own.

In the meantime you can help yourself, by resisting the temptation to look at her pics. That way, you won't be "hitting" on her unconsciously.

15 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji: Who is she trying to impress? I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?

Do people post pictures of themselves so that they can get 'hit on'

Maybe they are just doing something as simple as sharing moments of their lives with family and friends who are far away!

8 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 10:04am On Aug 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

Do people post pictures of themselves so that they can get 'hit on'

This is one of the reasons I started this thread. I want to know if married woman consciously prevent themselves from posting photos that for all intent and purposes may be deemed "sexy". The reason I ask is they would then get comments like, "looking good", "fine girl", "fine mama", "looking cute and sexy". It does make me wonder if a married woman should be doing such? Personally, I believe it opens doors that should be closed especially as a married woman.

If it is a single lady, you could probably say she is being exuberant, seeking attention, looking for a husband etc. But for a married woman, these things shouldn't apply or come into play at all.

I am sure most husbands wouldn't appreciate such.

10 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2012
Efemena_xy: I think I know whom you're referring to. grin

I seriously doubt that.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

This is one of the reasons I started this thread. I want to know if married woman consciously prevent themselves from posting photos that for all intent and purposes may be deemed "sexy". The reason I ask is they would then get comments like, "looking good", "fine girl", "fine mama", "looking cute and sexy". It does make me wonder if a married woman should be doing such? Personally, I believe it opens doors that should be closed especially as a married woman.

If it is a single lady, you could probably say she is being exuberant, seeking attention, looking for a husband etc. But for a married woman, these things shouldn't apply or come into play at all.

I am sure most husbands wouldn't appreciate such.

Doors that should be closed undecided

As in married women don't deserve to be complimented on their looks undecided

You make marriage sound like the end of the world. For most women, it's only the beginning.

Take me for example, I'm not really the make-up or dressing-up type. But ever since I got married, my husband insists I dress sexy, make up, wear flasy colours e.t.c! Of course I get more compliments now than I did in my single days. Does that mean I'm fishing for these compliments undecided

As for posting pictures on the internet, I beleive people should be free to express themselves anyhow they want, with or without being married. As far as it doesn't exceed decent boundaries, there's no need to limit a woman in the the name of marriage. Simple!

39 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 10:15am On Aug 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

Doors that should be closed undecided

As in married women don't deserve to be complimented on their looks undecided

You make marriage sound like the end of the world. For most women, it's only the beginning.

Take me for example, I'm not really the make-up or dressing-up type. But ever since I got married, my husband insists I dress sexy, make up, wear flasy colours e.t.c! Of course I get more compliments now than I did in my single days. Does that mean I'm fishing for these compliments undecided

As for posting pictures on the internet, I beleive people should be free to express themselves anyhow they want, with or without being married. As far as it doesn't exceed decent boundaries, there's no need to limit a woman in the the name of marriage. Simple!

So in effect, there is hardly any difference in the way you engage with the public from your time as spinster and now as a wife?

I appreciate your insights.

6 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

So in effect, there is hardly any difference in the way you engage with the public from your time as spinster and now as a wife?

I appreciate your insights.

True! But then I've never been one to 'splash' pictures on social media!

BTW Why are talking of women only? Men also 'splash' their pictures online. I once saw a shirtless picture of a married man online and I was like WTF! My disgust wasn't from the fact that he was married though, I mean why would any decent man upload a picture of himself bare chested undecided

But I have to admit that him being married made it even worse! embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by queensmith: 10:26am On Aug 13, 2012
My mother was asking me what exactly my problem with Nigerian men is, I responded with 'even if he is the nicest guy, he seems perfect, handles all his issues right, is open, is honest blah blah- there isn't a day he won't come out with bulshit that will make me divorce him in a split second'

This topic is a prime example- the op may be the most innocent, polite nicest man or whatever, but his mentality and his views are 1st world sickening. Does marriage=bondage?

is putting your photos on a website simply a means to attract attention? You never heard of sharing? I guess you also believe your wife shouldnt have male or unmarried friends and if they are they should be ugly and or crippled.

Nigerian men are inherently insecure, the insecurity is translated into all sorts of nonsense standards to be upheld. Its nothing but hogwash and bulsh*t

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 13, 2012
queensmith: My mother was asking me what exactly my problem with Nigerian men is, I responded with 'even if he is the nicest guy, he seems perfect, handles all his issues right, is open, is honest blah blah- there isn't a day he won't come out with bulshit that will make me divorce him in a split second'

This topic is a prime example- the op may be the most innocent, polite nicest man or whatever, but his mentality and his views are 1st world sickening. Does marriage=bondage?

is putting your photos on a website simply a means to attract attention? You never heard of sharing? I guess you also believe your wife shouldnt have male or unmarried friends and if they are they should be ugly and or crippled.

Nigerian men are inherently insecure, the insecurity is translated into all sorts of nonsense standards to be upheld. Its nothing but hogwash and bulsh*t

This babe is on fire! Lol cheesy cheesy

I really don't blame them dou. This mentality was handed down to them by their fathers and their fathers' fathers!

It won't change over night. Doesn't make them bad men and is not enough grounds for divorce either.

Take am easy my sister! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 10:33am On Aug 13, 2012
queensmith: My mother was asking me what exactly my problem with Nigerian men is, I responded with 'even if he is the nicest guy, he seems perfect, handles all his issues right, is open, is honest blah blah- there isn't a day he won't come out with bulshit that will make me divorce him in a split second'

Good luck with your marriage to a non-typical "Nigerian" man. cheesy

16 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 13, 2012
I dont think I will ever post my pic on the net. A few years ago some nairalanders asked me to and all I did was post the pic of a friends younger sister still in uni then to shut them up. grin

A size 2 girl she was. A few people that wanted to know what I looked like got that same pic both offline and online and with the girls permission of course.

Sorry but I just couldn't risk posting my sexy cool pic online not because I look too good and too hawt to handle cool but because I owe nobody nothing. My pic is for me and my family

6 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by EfemenaXY: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2012
^^ GBAM!! cheesy smiley

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by engrtee(f): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2012
I tink it is a warnin to d husband that they are stil marketable .hence,he shud learn to appreciate her.

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 13, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ GBAM!! cheesy smiley

Ahn Ahn them no let me rest. Jenny we wanno see you everyday naim dem dey beg. So all I Did was use a friends sisters pic(kenyan girl) light in complexion and me I am pure charcoal, to confuse them. Why will I post a pic of my hot and sexy self on NLD like I owe them anything? Please I am a married woman and the reason why some of us post freely here is because our identities are not known. Me, I will even give you fake name join if you no let me rest grin

I am too sexy to prove to anyone but my husband abeg. Beyonce gat nothing on me cool

Only a few naralanders have seen me physically and mehnnn did they blush cool grin cheesy for my mind o

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2012
jennykadry:

Ahn Ahn them no let me rest. Jenny we wanno see you everyday naim dem dey beg. So all I Did was use a friends sisters pic(kenyan girl) light in complexion and me I am pure charcoal, to confuse them. Why will I post a pic of my hot and sexy self on NLD like I owe them anything? Please I am a married woman and the reason why some of us post freely here is because our identities are not known. Me, I will even give you fake name join if you no let me rest grin

I am too sexy to prove to anyone but my husband abeg. Beyonce gat nothing on me cool

Only a few naralanders have seen me physically and mehnnn did they blush cool grin cheesy for my mind o

LOL! cheesy cheesy

Seriously they were asking you to post a pic? Why na? Where was I sef when all this was happening ? undecided
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 10:52am On Aug 13, 2012
engrtee: I tink it is a warnin to d husband that they are stil marketable .hence,he shud learn to appreciate her.

Wow! If a woman has to act in such a manner to "get appreciated" or "feel appreciated" by her husband, then there is something wrong with that marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2012
Ujujoan:

LOL! cheesy cheesy

Seriously they were asking you to post a pic? Why na? Where was I sef when all this was happening ? undecided

My popularity did not start now, it happened in the romance section in 08-09. Even osisi had to post her own pic just to convince me to post mine cheesy I remember osisi's pic "hawt mama". Trust my Igbo sister to post a Pi of herself and IMO state ex governor then cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 13, 2012
jennykadry:

My popularity did not start now, it happened in the romance section in 08-09. Even osisi had to post her own pic just to convince me to post mine cheesy I remember osisi's pic "hawt mama". Trust my Igbo sister to post a Pi of herself and IMO state ex governor then cheesy

You wan try, una must respect na . . . cheesy cheesy

Ndi NL a sef! cheesy cheesy
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by ifyalways(f): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2012
OP, mind ya biz. You asked for my thoughts?there, you've got it.Your opinion, no matter how right or noble it may sound to your ears does NOT count in another mans house and when you try so hard to shove it down anyones throat, you appear highly silllly.
Wait, na e-jelousy dey worry you sef?all ye dorty okoro- ngbatic ugly things.all h-enemies must quench. tongue
Now,I miss AJ kiss kiss
And to hit home, I'm splashing my pictures all over this thread, hit your head for wall.
Rofl.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by ifyalways(f): 11:46am On Aug 13, 2012
Lol. The picture was rejected oh. My face wan crash Seun server.
Mac, on a Monday?welldone .

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2012
ifyalways: Lol. The picture was rejected oh. My face wan crash Seun server.
Mac, on a Monday?welldone .

Hardly slept last night. My brain has to step-down.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by hannydarl(f): 12:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
Backward Nigerian men, next we will hear is , IS IT OKAY TO TRAIN MY GIRL CHILD? SINCE SHE WILL BE OWNED BY ANOTHER MAN ONE DAY.
Don't let your wife take photos, don't let her leave the house(Even though you go about fucking small girls everyday) don't let her go anywhere o. Cos your prick is her master.
Habba woman cannot eat carrot or cucumber woman should stop wearing bra, woman should not be educated, woman should kneel down and present food and water, woman should wait in room and make sure she greets oga first cos its a crime for oga to wake up go to the kitchen hug his darling from behind and say good mornning dear how was your night? Its taboo for Nigerian men. Woman should not use makeup , woman should then be bought and locked in ya papa's house nau while goats and cows roam free.

16 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 12:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
hannydarl: Backward Nigerian men, next we will hear is , IS IT OKAY TO TRAIN MY GIRL CHILD? SINCE SHE WILL BE OWNED BY ANOTHER MAN ONE DAY.
Don't let your wife take photos, don't let her leave the house(Even though you go about fucking small girls everyday) don't let her go anywhere o. Cos your prick is her master.
Habba woman cannot eat carrot or cucumber woman should stop wearing bra, woman should not be educated, woman should kneel down and present food and water, woman should wait in room and make sure she greets oga first cos its a crime for oga to wake up go to the kitchen hug his darling from behind and say good mornning dear how was your night? Its taboo for Nigerian men. Woman should not use makeup , woman should then be bought and locked in ya papa's house nau while goats and cows roam free.

Are you done or is there more to come?

8 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Lol . . . Who send you go buy market cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by hannydarl(f): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji:

Go ask the person that gave you the message of not allowing women post photo if there is more don't dos for us to come. So we women can prepare.
Insecure man using woman to show power. I pity your wife. Inshort sef its your type that women cook and eat on their heads. Come to nairaland and ask crazy question. Unrepantant adulterer looking at womens photos all over the internet and in true fashion of a cave man blames the woman for glueing his eyes to her photo.

18 Likes

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by denzel2009: 12:34pm On Aug 13, 2012
jennykadry:

Can you post your sexy picture to my blackberry messenger bold 4 pls
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by r231(m): 12:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
ifyalways: OP, mind ya biz. You asked for my thoughts?there, you've got it.
And to hit home, I'm splashing my pictures all over this thread, hit your head for wall.
Rofl.

Waiting grin grin grin grin

Ujujoan:

Lol . . . Who send you go buy market cheesy cheesy

my baby mama grin grin

we get talk o
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by SisiKill1: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2012
maclatunji: Who is she trying to impress? I ask because obviously men will admire them and being married, one would think she understands that she shouldn't do anything that will make other men who are not her husband well... "hit on her". What are your thoughts?
Is she nakid?
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2012
hannydarl:

Go ask the person that gave you the message of not allowing women post photo if there is more don't dos for us to come. So we women can prepare.
Insecure man using woman to show power. I pity your wife. Inshort sef its your type that women cook and eat on their heads. Come to nairaland and ask crazy question. Unrepantant adulterer looking at womens photos all over the internet and in true fashion of a cave man blames the woman for glueing his eyes to her photo.

LMFSO! Tell me what happened to you that made you like this?

1 Like

Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by maclatunji: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Is she nakid?

No.
Re: Married Woman Displaying Pictures On Social-Media: Wrong? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2012
hannydarl:

Ahan now . . . stop attacking Mac like that. He's just asking a question!

r231:

Waiting grin grin grin grin

my baby mama grin grin

we get talk o

Oya let's meet under that our mango tree wink cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

For Your Change of Name in Guardian Newspaper / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured) / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.