Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,824 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? (1387 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / How To Stop Spam Texts And Calls From Telecom (GSM) Service Providers / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 13, 2012
The thing can be so annoying at times.
Airtel is the most guilty of all. each time my phone beeps/(i get an)alert, i'll jump at it only to start reading text messages that doesn't concern me.
At times its about caller tunez, internet data plans, job vacancy, fake bonuses, announcing promos etc that's got nothing to do with me.

Same applies with glo, etisalat and MTN.

The irritating part is that my message memory gets clogged up with these Network BS and they keep sending these BS almost every 8 hrs. angry smiley(average of 3 times within 24hrs X 7days)

Is there anything one can do to avoiding receiving unsolicited msgs or calls?

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by Kpimp: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
i thought i was the only one.i dnt tink u can do anytin to it.
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by omodapson(m): 2:48pm On Aug 25, 2012
The thing tire me sef. What about calls from some phoney nos. 4040, 5050, 2020, 5716****, wish i could put a stop to it.
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 25, 2012
i think it. should be optional. my msgs are just clogged up daily
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by Nobody: 2:04am On Aug 26, 2012
omodapson: The thing tire me sef. What about calls from some phoney nos. 4040, 5050, 2020, 5716****, wish i could put a stop to it.

I can bet that if my GLO line rings 5 times in a day, 3 of the calls come from the GLO network with numbers like 4040, 5050, 0500008, and others. I feel like cursing them.

Same goes for text messages received. GLO disturbs my line nothing less than 5 times everyday with calls and texts. This is really crazy.
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 26, 2012
Just Switch Over 2 LandLINE
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by aieromon(m): 7:42am On Aug 26, 2012
Install a sms filter/blocker if you're making use of a smartphone.
Re: What Can Be Done To Avoid Receiving Unsolicited Msgs From GSM Service Providers? by NoQualms1(f): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2012
I don't seem to understand airtel these days o. I recharged with N200 on saturday and by Sunday morning, it has disappeared.

It happened to a friend too, twice, between saturday and today.

The funny part of it is that their customer care number is not connecting. Na wa o.

Is anyone experiencing the same?

(1) (Reply)

Airtel Bis Unlimited Is A Lie / Photos Of Blackbery Z10 Porsche Design Leak / Trick For Blocking Unwanted Calls And Messages On Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.