Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! (1239 Views)

Admin Officer Job Vacancy At Citreel Oil And Gas Services / Job Vacancy - Customer Relationship Officer / Sun Newspaper Recruiting For Web Administator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by Abujafood: 3:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Abujafood.com is in search of a website developer/ administrator who can design and manage a wordpress theme blog and has functional knowledge of Web Content Management System (web CMS) among other skills.

OVERVIEW

Abujafood.com is an innovative internet based business located in Abuja that offers leads generation and marketing solutions for small and medium scale enterprises in Abuja using inexpensive methods such as Search Engine Optimization, Social Media Marketing and Pay Per Click solutions for businesses to promote their brands, products and services. Founded in June 2011, it's a fast evolving business that is out to revolutionalize the way small businesses find new leads and customers. It does this by offering Abuja centric and useful products information on its Online Magazine and links to the interactive business directory where customers can engage, interact and contact Abujafood.com business members.

JOB DESCRIPTION

The advertised position is a full time position. The candidate is expected to be proficient in website design, mangement and development with functional knowledge of handling backend tools for websites. The candidate should be creative, innovative and hardworking.

RESPONSIBILITIES

The successful candidate is expected to perform the following;

Design websites that are user friendly and incorporate social interactive elements (widgets, comments, reactions etc)
Handle any technical issues on the website
Assist in Website Optimization (links building, keywords research, html tagging etc)
Assist in Web Promotions (Online Social shares)

REQUIREMENTS

B.sc in computer science, Systems Engineering or ICT related discipline

Minimum of 1 year working experience in a reputable organization

SKILL SET SHOULD INCLUDE:

Languages: C++, C#, JS/jQuery/jQuery Mobile, PHP, Python, PROLOG, VB.NET, SQL, MATLAB, Mathematica, GPSS/H

Technologies: AJAX, ASP.NET MVC4, XML, HTML, CSS, WCF, Java ME, UML, SVN, DVCS, SSH, FTP, NoSQL

Products: MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio 2010, VisualSVN, TortoiseSVN, AnkhSVN, Git,
phpMyAdmin, MySQL Workbench, SQLyog, Borland’s C++ Visual Component Library, Nokia’s PyS60, MS Office, Adobe
Dreamweaver, StarUML, Windows Server 2008 R2 EE, MS Visio, Wolfram Mathematica, MathWorks’ MATLAB, Google
Maps API, Google Apps, Joomla, WordPress, Yii, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora Core), Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools,
MongoDB, CouchDB, Nginx, Apache, RhoMobile, Expression Studio 4, Sun Wireless Toolkit, Opera Mobile Emulator

SALARY

Competitive.

METHOD OF APPLICATION

Interested Applicants should email written applications/ cover with CV attached to info@abujafood.com and urls of some of your previous jobs on or before 31st August 2012. Candidates can contact us on our contact page.
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by Abujafood: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Forward your applications to info@abujafood.com
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by talk2hb1(m): 4:09pm On Aug 15, 2012
C++, C#, JS/jQuery/jQuery Mobile, PHP, Python, PROLOG, VB.NET, SQL, MATLAB, Mathematica, GPSS/H

Technologies: AJAX, ASP.NET MVC4, XML, HTML, CSS, WCF, Java ME, UML, SVN, DVCS, SSH, FTP, NoSQL

Products: MySQL, SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio 2010, VisualSVN, TortoiseSVN, AnkhSVN, Git,
phpMyAdmin, MySQL Workbench, SQLyog, Borland’s C++ Visual Component Library, Nokia’s PyS60, MS Office, Adobe
Dreamweaver, StarUML, Windows Server 2008 R2 EE, MS Visio, Wolfram Mathematica, MathWorks’ MATLAB, Google
Maps API, Google Apps, Joomla, WordPress, Yii, Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, Fedora Core), Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools,
MongoDB, CouchDB, Nginx, Apache, RhoMobile, Expression Studio 4, Sun Wireless Toolkit, Opera Mobile Emulator

All this for a WordPress web designer . wondering if it is possible to create WordPress plugin with C++,C#,Python, etc.
Please review your headline or define the role you really want.

1 Like

Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by Javanian: 4:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
I hope the person will receive upto $10,000 monthly with all these your nonesence requirement...mstcheeww!!!
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by guru01(m): 12:26am On Aug 16, 2012
My brothers when I saw the description I was afraid to apply ooh.
No be say dem go buy you house and give u car.
Anyway, the person writing it is not an IT person so he just feel that's what is involved.

Good luck to the poster.
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by Abujafood: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2012
@ All

Thanks for your replies!

The actual person who posted this isn't an IT person but no harm in applying if you can design a wordpress blog, so far 112 applications received and counting!

Thanks for your harsh words!
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by talk2hb1(m): 4:20pm On Aug 31, 2012
Abujafood: @ All

Thanks for your replies!

The actual person who posted this isn't an IT person but no harm in applying if you can design a wordpress blog, so far 112 applications received and counting!

Thanks for your harsh words!
Applying is not the issue definition of roles and responsibility is the problem. One day my employer will come telling me to develop a mobile application for them, So who is going to pay for that? If such employee should ask for extra pay for the out of scope job, I am pretty sure they will tell him its part of the agreement. I think the employer should turn down those CV's because only DDs will apply.
Re: Job Vacancy For Web Designer @ Abujafood.com! by Tadolism: 11:35pm On Nov 13, 2012
I am good web site developer, using PHP MYSQL, Dream weaver,javascript phpmyadmin, sql.
I have portal software for sale. The website program to register your student, check student result using scratch card, the scratch pin would generated by me.
If you need contact me
08038115108, 08189526389 or email me at info@nasmas.net

to build all the three types of websites( i.e static, dynamic and interactive website) php/mysql, html, css, javascript, dreamweaver, flash, is enough for you. The rest of programm are use to build software C++, e.t.c. Facebook is one of most use website all over the world, it build with php/mysql, html, and css,javascript.
I am graduate of public administration but i learn web site developing on professional basis, web site is course on its own. Not that if you become graduate of computer sci, you must know how to build professional web site. Which lecturer go teach for nigerian universities/polytechnic, except you attend proffessional course for it. I can do it perfectly....

(1) (Reply)

Whose Else Got A Text From PETALS COSMETICS For Interview, How Real Is It / Urgent Job Vacancy In Port Harcourt / Computer Science ND Holder Seeking For Job or IT Placement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.