Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? (852 Views)

5 Things To Do On Christmas Eve / What Kind Of Things Do You Pray About? / A Prophesy Of Things To Happen In Nigeria This Year (2012). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? by PastorAIO: 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2012
By Boluwaji Obahopo

LOKOJA—Kogi State chapter of Miyette Allahi Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, has threatened to withdraw its animals from the state markets over harassment and arrest of its members by the police.

Chairman of the association, Alhaji Shuabu Idrisa, weekend, after a stakeholders meeting between Fulani Ardos and Miyette Allah cattle breeders on problems affecting them, said the threat to withdraw cattle had become necessary following the way security agents were arresting their youths, women and cows in the event of robbery on the highway.

He added that they were made to pay huge sums of money to secure their release, a development, he said, had made some of its members to move to South-West, where they are not harassed or taunted as Boko Haram.

He said: “If there is any robbery on the highway, security agents will swoop on all Fulani settlements in that area and arrest their people, including cows. But when a bank is robbed in town, people of the town are not arrested.

“Also once they see any Fulani man ridding Okada, they will arrest him, calling him Boko Haram and, in the process, extort him.”

He alleged that people always kill any cattle that mistakenly enters their farmland in the area.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/fulani-threaten-to-withdraw-cattle-from-market/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? by PastorAIO: 4:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
Some comments made:

NWA_Africa
If it means wiping them so be it.
It is better they leave to Chad or Niger as we are tired of them. Do not preach
me here about human right because the west and other countries around us all
have cow and you do not hear or see the type of problem these Fulani gives us. To
hell with Fulani, even if there are peace loving ones I do not care. They are
all the same because a snake can never change its habits. You cannot leave you
place and enter another man place and want to take him and his household by
force. Nobody needs cow and the so called @tata tata if the South do not buy
cow you people will suffer because average Muslim man eats lamb which is what
you people will sell next week Monday and Tuesday. If the South decide to stop
the movement of petroleum to you people you all will suffer but if you people decide
to stop your sick cow from entering south which we want you to stop immediate it
is you northerners that will bear the blunt.

Like Reply
15 minutes ago

1964mad
The threats by these people is becoming one too many. they threatens lives, properties, farmland and now food. There are many alternatives to meats. The sooner we start exploring them the better.

Like Reply
19 minutes ago

Bumie Tegbe
They can like to keep their cattle. Maybe pple would be forced to eat fish which is healthier.tschewwwwwww!! Y are they threatening?

Like Reply
38 minutes ago

wilosky
Cows or beef who even needs that? Only if southerners will realize the danger in eating these sick animals from this sick Foolanis n Awushas it will be better for them. It is 100% healthier eating chicken n fish than eating all that rubbish they sell. Instead of moving south west, why don't they move back to that northern desert where they trully belong. nonsense.

Like Reply
53 minutes ago 1 Like

MAHANTA_LOVE
Collapse
if they are had gone to south west, meaning BOKO HARAM is heading towards south west. YORUBAS watch out. i am afriad, if they should, come they are going to mix-up because there are alot of muslems in the south west, not only muslem but affluent men and women. i can't comprehend how YORUBAS manage to embrace ISLAM.

Like Reply
Re: Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? by OmoAlata(f): 4:21pm On Aug 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: By Boluwaji Obahopo

has threatened to withdraw its animals from the state markets

Time to go vegetarian wink
Re: Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? by PastorAIO: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
Omo Alata:

Time to go vegetarian wink

I think that a spell of vegetarianism would be really good for Nigerians. I think our diets are atrocious. We live very unhealthily.

However a lot of our vegetables and fruits also come from the North. Or the Middle belt.

And a lot of the fish in the delta regions are dead.
Re: Hmm . . . Sign Of Things To Come? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think that this is terrible. Stereotypes are unjust and unfair.

(1) (Reply)

The Pope Is The Vicar Of Hell / The Contaminated Church / Is it encouraging to do dry Fasting, with the risk involve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.