Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? (2519 Views)

Do You Agree Or Disagree With Euthanasia Or Mercy Killing? / Ladies your Pic In your Profile, We Don Tire / Your Pic On Nairaland: How Do You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by maasoap(m): 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2012
I've noticed this habits on nairaland for some time. When you disagree with them on a topic, when you have opposing or contrary view to what they believe or preach, the next thing they would do was to rush to your profile to check your pic. Only for them to come back and tell you how you look like a monkey, how cheap your dress is, how flat or pointed your head is, how you look underfed, and so on. And to think of it that these are the same set of people who lack self esteem, who lack confidence in how they look to the extent that they can't put their pics on their profiles. These are anonymous people who are several kilometers away from you, the people that your chance of meeting them in real life is infinitesimal, yet they can't display their images for us to see (not to assess or judge). It is not a crime when someone decides not to put his/her pic for people to see but this set of people are the ones who always describe, in a negative term, how the person who puts his/her pic there looks. Whenever they run out of idea or what to say, or better still, how to counter your point intelligently, they would run out of the thread to check your pic, only for them to come back and post something totally irrelevant to the topic. They would automatically result to personal attack.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by nikkyshyne(f): 9:01pm On Aug 13, 2012
Lol. I have checked your pix. I reserve my comment. Lol
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Yeske2(m): 9:05pm On Aug 13, 2012
OP, I think you are the problem. Why should you bother yourself with such and i can decipher from your write up that you do such too.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by toju: 9:20pm On Aug 13, 2012
grin
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by wesley80(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2012
Is that your pic on your profile? You be pensioneer?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by dasparrow: 9:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
@Post

LOL grin Kpele, sorry. Don't mind those type of people. I have a picture of the Doberman on my profile because it speaks of my personality: Fierce, fearless and have no time to mince words on this forum. I just tell it as it is and keep it moving right along.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by asha80(m): 9:46pm On Aug 13, 2012
*checking maasoap's pic*
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by SisiKill1: 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
maasoap: I've noticed this habits on nairaland for some time. When you disagree with them on a topic, when you have opposing or contrary view to what they believe or preach, the next thing they would do was to rush to your profile to check your pic. Only for them to come back and tell you how you look like a monkey, how cheap your dress is, how flat or pointed your head is, how you look underfed, and so on. And to think of it that these are the same set of people who lack self esteem, who lack confidence in how they look to the extent that they can't put their pics on their profiles. These are anonymous people who are several kilometers away from you, the people that your chance of meeting them in real life is infinitesimal, yet they can't display their images for us to see (not to assess or judge). It is not a crime when someone decides not to put his/her pic for people to see but this set of people are the ones who always describe, in a negative term, how the person who puts his/her pic there looks. Whenever they run out of idea or what to say, or better still, how to counter your point intelligently, they would run out of the thread to check your pic, only for them to come back and post something totally irrelevant to the topic. They would automatically result to personal attack.

Awwww! Just ignore them! You don't know these people from Adam, so don't let whatever they say have any bearing on what you do or say. More importantly don't see yourself through their eyes. . .remain your confident self!!

Oh when they resort to insults about your looks, just lean back and smile because it means you won the argument.

By the way, you have a nice smile. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Acidosis(m): 10:00pm On Aug 13, 2012
Okay
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by queensmith: 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
Ad hominem when they run out of points to make. It shows you have whooped them very well. It just means the person is trolling.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Kobojunkie: 10:42pm On Aug 13, 2012
<=== My picture looks good so I don't have a problem with people checking it out. grin grin grin grin grin

I only have problem with people who think they can insult their way to winning an argument with moi!!

I am always like "really? , did you forget to check how long I have been at this" grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by wesley80(m): 10:51pm On Aug 13, 2012
^lol, that much I give you.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by nikkyshyne(f): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
Why is this thread making me check every posters profile? undecided

Kobojunkie, 1 year and 4months?? shocked shocked shocked *dead*

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by maasoap(m): 11:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Awwww! Just ignore them! You don't know these people from Adam, so don't let whatever they say have any bearing on what you do or say. More importantly don't see yourself through their eyes. . .remain your confident self!!

Oh when they resort to insults about your looks, just lean back and smile because it means you won the argument.

By the way, you have a nice smile. smiley
Thanks. I've been attacked once but I ignored their comments. But I saw the same thing today on another thread where a guy posted a comment and another @poster came back on the thread to describe how the guy looked in his profile pic. Just imagined? Totally irrelevant and senseless. And they're not confident enough to show theirs.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Caracta(f): 11:36pm On Aug 13, 2012
#smiling#
No comment
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by tpia5: 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2012
my friend, nobody is checking your pic

sheesh grin
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Aug 13, 2012
Kobojunkie: <=== My picture looks good so I don't have a problem with people checking it out. grin grin grin grin grin

I only have problem with people who think they can insult their way to winning an argument with moi!!

I am always like "really? , did you forget to check how long I have been at this" grin grin grin grin

That's your picture for real?
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 1:33am On Aug 14, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

That's your picture for real?
It isn't.

Kobojunkie is fat.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 14, 2012
Who is fushia and why are you following my IDs and of those I associate with?

Seun needs to end this following abi stalking program on Nl.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 1:47am On Aug 14, 2012
Lool!

Na me na. cry

The owner don lock my id for a year because he's scared of that faag.got.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 14, 2012
^^^ Who is "me"?
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 1:48am On Aug 14, 2012
tongue
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:50am On Aug 14, 2012
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 1:51am On Aug 14, 2012
grin
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:51am On Aug 14, 2012
maasoap: I've noticed this habits on nairaland for some time. When you disagree with them on a topic, when you have opposing or contrary view to what they believe or preach, the next thing they would do was to rush to your profile to check your pic. Only for them to come back and tell you how you look like a monkey, how cheap your dress is, how flat or pointed your head is, how you look underfed, and so on. And to think of it that these are the same set of people who lack self esteem, who lack confidence in how they look to the extent that they can't put their pics on their profiles. These are anonymous people who are several kilometers away from you, the people that your chance of meeting them in real life is infinitesimal, yet they can't display their images for us to see (not to assess or judge). It is not a crime when someone decides not to put his/her pic for people to see but this set of people are the ones who always describe, in a negative term, how the person who puts his/her pic there looks. Whenever they run out of idea or what to say, or better still, how to counter your point intelligently, they would run out of the thread to check your pic, only for them to come back and post something totally irrelevant to the topic. They would automatically result to personal attack.

Buhahahahah that is nairaland. They called you ugly when they disagree or don't like you.

The know self image matters and so they do it intentionally to sabotage ur image but if you know how this place work, you will laugh along with them. Is particulary funny esp if the person calling you names is faceless or so damn ugly. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:52am On Aug 14, 2012
lol
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 1:53am On Aug 14, 2012
cool
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 1:57am On Aug 14, 2012
fushia:

The owner don lock my id for a year because he's scared of that faag.got.

shocked
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by fushia(m): 2:04am On Aug 14, 2012
^It's unfair because my id was never used to post any photos.

From my understanding of law, the threat is bullshyt.
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by denzel2009: 2:12am On Aug 14, 2012
Don't mind them...it's just to put a face to your lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 2:22am On Aug 14, 2012
*modified
Re: Why Do People Check Your Pic When You Disagree With Them? by Nobody: 2:24am On Aug 14, 2012
You mean NLders who call one ugly and then turn around to compliment someone who's not as attractive as you are?

smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Engage Troops In A Heavy Fighting In Gwoza / Hilarious Photo Of Messi, Neymer, And Suarez Partying / Secret Agony Of Diezani Alison-madueke's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.