Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' (13340 Views)

LOL! Funny Pic: Porto 2 Chelsea 1 And You Say Mourinho Is The Special One / Ruby Igwe In An Open Letter Urge DANGOTE To Buy Man United Instead Of Arsenal / Leadership Lessons From Jose Mourinho, “the Special One” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by wrexs: 3:13am On Aug 14, 2012
LISBON, Aug 13 (Reuters) - Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho said that he should

be labelled the "Only One" instead of the 'Special One', after becoming the only

coach to win the top three leagues in European football.

Mourinho has won titles in Spain (once, with Real Madrid), Italy (twice,

with Inter Milan) and England (twice, with Chelsea), as well as in his native

Portugal (twice, with Porto).

"Like me or not, I am the only one who won the world's three most important

leagues. So, maybe instead of the 'Special One', people should start calling me

the 'Only One'," Mourinho said in an interview with Portuguese television

channel SIC.

Mourinho, 49, was nicknamed the 'Special One' by the English press after

referring to himself as just that, during a news conference following his

arrival at Chelsea from Porto in 2004.

In an interview televised on Monday he explained that, as his career has

progressed, he has become less selfish and less focused on his individual goals.

"Things have been going well for me, thank God. I am focused on others much

more these days. The pleasure of winning with Inter Milan was seeing a club

which had not won for 50 years winning again.

"That is what entices me more and more, instead of pursuing individual goals."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/soccer-special-one-mourinho-now-wants-only-one-165945537--sow.html;_ylt=AiVT7.2QU8kxEzw8sawjvoCpb8p_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkZWgzYnZwBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzIEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTJ1YXN1cHFmBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYmU1YmVhYjAtMDRlZC0zNzBkLTllOTYtN2M4NDliYmRlN2NmBHBzdGNhdANtb3JlfHNvY2NlcgRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2U-;_ylv=3
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by oloto(m): 3:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
Well, let's give it to him. He į̸̸̨§ the best in the game, followed by Sir Ferguson grin. All hail the Only One cool

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by gegee(m): 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
as u wish mr murinho the only one

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by tomakint: 3:17pm On Aug 14, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Genovese(m): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
sure hez d best
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by yemmy19(m): 3:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mr'only one' always try to remeber †ђξ 5goals thrashing without A̶̲̥̅ reply @ †ђξ camp nou.Anceelotti aπϑ Del Bosque does nt ♍ΑKΕ̲̣̣̣̥ noise only †ђξ empty barrel †̥hα̲̅†̥ makes †ђξ loudest noise.mtcheeew

3 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by joanana(f): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2012
All hail the only one!!!!!!!!!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Jeezy: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Pride comes before a fall....

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by msrk: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2012
Sincerely, Mourihno is the one and only in the world of football. He is unique with his philosophy. I am a fan of mourihno. I support any club he manage.
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by johnstar(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
he deserve moredan d only 1, infact he shuld b d wise one, cus its nt easy 2 win trophies in different clubs, all hail jose, #teamCHElSEA smiley smiley smiley
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by temi4fash(m): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2012
dat guy is a genius... he is d best at wat he does.. he has been able to prove critics wrong.. d part i like most abt him , his d mind games he plays wit his opponents
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by ojotask: 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
Call Me Unique not Special says Mourinho

Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho said Tuesday that he would prefer to be known as the "unique one" rather than the "special one" as a result of his achievements.
"I'm the only one to have won the three biggest championships in the world," Mourinho said in an interview on Portuguese television channel Sic.
"So whether it pleases or not, if one recognises my value or not... people should may be call me 'unique' rather than 'special' until someone else wins three championships like me."
It was Mourinho who proclaimed himself to be the "special one" when he was coach of English Premier League side Chelsea from 2004 to 2007.
The Portuguese coach joined Real Madrid in 2010 and won the Primera Liga title in his second season to become one of the few coaches to win titles in four different countries -- Portugal, England, Italy and Spain.
He is also the only coach to have won two Champions League titles with two different clubs -- FC Porto in 2004 and Inter Milan in 2010.
Mourinho coached FC Porto (Portuguese champions 2003, 2004 and Champions League winners 2004), Chelsea (English Premier League title 2005, 2006) and Inter Milan (Serie A champions in 2009, 2010).
The 49-year-old said he felt "an enormous joy at Inter Milan" when they won their titles but insisted that his goals were shifting with age.
"I'm turning increasingly towards people," he said. "That's what motivates me more and more, instead of pursuing individaul goals."

source:http://www.football.co.uk/real_madrid/call_me_unique_not_special_says_mourinho_rss3385922.shtml

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Aliyeous(m): 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
CONFIRM
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by kanny1(m): 3:40pm On Aug 14, 2012
msrk: Sincerely, Mourihno is the one and only in the world of football. He is unique with his philosophy. I am a fan of mourihno. I support any club he manage.

Just lyk u any club he goes, i go. The guy is just toooo.... good wit any club.
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by ddippset(m): 3:41pm On Aug 14, 2012
he is very ambitious. he probably set out from day one to achieve that tag 'greatest coach ever'. fergie could have coached man u for a few sesons and run off to rangers, madrid, juve , and even enyimba to win titles all across the world but he put loyalty b4 ambition. same with wenger, he could have left arsenal for errr maybe lyon, and real madrid when they wanted him, milan etc to win titles. i wouldnt call him the greatest coach but the hungriest.

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by 76Naira(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2012
This is sports and not religion or a lesson on morals. For a coach, flaunting your CV leaves your opponents edgy and your team braver. It's just like a gladiator in a battle ring. Or a world champion in a boxing match or wrestling match. This adds to the excitement.
Ride on......." the only one"

3 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Nickydrake(m): 3:44pm On Aug 14, 2012
tomakint:

The Clown is at it again, everly boastful and arrogant to high heavens! Have you heard of Bela Guttman, Helenio Herrera,Fabio Capello etc before, what is special about this one!

You're right. He's conceited, noisy, controversial, and possess a host of other attributes that stem from an unhealthy dose of pride.

HOWEVER, one thing no one can accuse Mou of being is an EMPTY VESSEL. In fact, many of his admirers are drawn by the smoothness and style with which he combines positive results and brash panache. cheesy

I'm not going to call him The Only One, but that's only because i think The Special One sounds a lot more...well, special.
cool

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by tunyus(m): 3:45pm On Aug 14, 2012
Without Doubt MOURINHO is the greatest coach in the History of the Game...
He knows how to bring out the best in his players.
He came to the EPL and win the league in his first year in charge and defend the title in d following year.
He went to INTER and win the league in the 2yrs he spend in ITALY, he win Treble in his 2nd year in charge of Inter Milan.
In his madrid history he won COPA DEL REY in his first year.A trophy Madrid as not won since for over 17yrs....the Great RAUL never in his career @ the Santiago BernaBeu never win
In his 2nd year he won the LaLiga with a record 100POINT...a feat that as never happen in the history of the game....scoring more than 130goals in the process
He won champs league with portuguese team PORTO and win Treble in the same year ....
He is the only Coach that is so confident enough to resign from his Job having in mind another bigger offer is on the way.

With all these Record I believe the Hater knows in he is undisputable the world greatest coach.

ALL HAIL MOURINHO
His speech inspire and motivate me
He is my Role Model

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by ebamma(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2012
arsenal football club coach arsene wenger has told the media and fans to start calling him the useless one. Wenger who has led arsenal to almost seven trophyless season made this known when he was interviewed by the press after his team's 4 nil win over cologne on sunday

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Gwekzy: 4:00pm On Aug 14, 2012
Nonsense!!! AmoDu is Better...AmoDu iS The OnlY Man To Have QualifieD a NatioN Not 1nC But Twice For a WorlD Cup anD FaileD 2 Coach them in anY....

4 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by aieromon(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: arsenal football club coach arsene wenger has told the media and fans to start calling him the useless one. Wenger who has led arsenal to almost seven trophyless season made this known when he was interviewed by the press after his team's 4 nil win over cologne on sunday

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by flexdee(m): 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2012
Love him or hate him, to become a successful manager in the history of soccer [football] is not a day job, he worked so hard to earn that name "Special One" so he's simply UNIQUE.

All hail MOU
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by lacasa: 4:17pm On Aug 14, 2012
He had the benefit of huge chunks of cash ϯo buy the best players at those clubs,​ so​ he is neither special nor the only one undecided

He manages ready made stars bt Sir Alex makes stars anϑ manages winners.

To me, Sir Alex, Capello, Ancelloti, Del bosque come first b4 one tinx of a Mourinho

Anϑ thats fact cool

3 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by ANYPEN(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
"the only one" is perfect as a name for him. I think he is a god in the world of the round leather game.

He is a great motivator.
& makes me fall in love with the game. I automatically become a fan of any club he manages & he's one of the very few people I want to meet before I leave this world.

"The Only One"
"TOO" much
"TOO" good
"TOO" amazing
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by vivalavida(m): 4:18pm On Aug 14, 2012
ebamma: arsenal football club coach arsene wenger has told the media and fans to start calling him the useless one. Wenger who has led arsenal to almost seven trophyless season made this known when he was interviewed by the press after his team's 4 nil win over cologne on sunday
Lmao
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by ddippset(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
THE EYE POKER HIMSELF. only guordiola could frustrate him to that extent.

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by executinal(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2012
Mukina2 will ban you forever grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by omobaagility: 4:28pm On Aug 14, 2012
[quote author=tomakint]

The Clown is at it again, everly boastful and arrogant to high heavens! Have you heard of Bela Guttman, Helenio Herrera,Fabio Capello etc before, what is special about this one![/quot

all these people u called are nobody, compared to the ONLY ONE
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by deebsman1(m): 4:30pm On Aug 14, 2012
Accepted Mr MOU, but I'll rather advice dat now that he has won everything in club football, its time to silence critics and take up a national side, brazil, spain, or any other gud national team and try to do gr8 with those national side too. Remember no buying of player is involved in dat 1

1 Like

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by 10over101: 4:37pm On Aug 14, 2012
lacasa: He had the benefit of huge chunks of cash ϯo buy the best players at those clubs,​ so​ he is neither special nor the only one undecided

He manages ready made stars bt Sir Alex makes stars anϑ manages winners.

To me, Sir Alex, Capello, Ancelloti, Del bosque come first b4 one tinx of a Mourinho

Anϑ thats fact cool
Mourinho is a mere noise maker..if he thinks is d "only one" what happens to Del Bosque, Pep guadiola 14 trophies in 4 seasons etc Mou is very far from being d best cos he is yet to touch the 3 most prestigious trophies in football( World cup, Euro Nation cup n Olympic) the Only Noise making coach..I really blame barca for breeding n training this idiot..
Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by executinal(m): 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
tomakint:

The Clown is at it again, everly boastful and arrogant to high heavens! Have you heard of Bela Guttman, Helenio Herrera,Fabio Capello etc before, what is special about this one!
And what about the once you listed above, are they better than Morihno??
lets check their individual statistics and compare

FABIO CAPELLO
Fabio Capello (Italian pronunciation: [ˈfabjo kaˈpello]; born 18 June 1946) is an Italian football manager and former professional footballer.
Capello was born in San Canzian d'Isonzo. His uncle, Mario Tortul was also a football player and played for Triestina, Padova, Sampdoria and the Italian national football team. Capello is married and has a son named Pier Filippo who acts as his agent. Capello is also a collector of fine art and has a personal collection thought to be worth over £10 million.
As a manager, Capello has the distinction of winning the domestic league title with every club he has coached throughout his career. In his first five seasons as a manager he won four Serie A titles with Milan, where he also won the 1993–94 UEFA Champions League, defeating Barcelona 4–0 in a memorable final. He then spent a year at Real Madrid, where he won the La Liga title at his first attempt, and in 2001 led Roma to their first league title in 18 years. Capello also won two titles at Juventus (which were later stripped after the Calciopoli scandal), and in 2006 returned to Real Madrid, where he won another La Liga title. Overall he has won a major league championship in seven (or nine, counting the two revoked titles with Juventus) of his 16 seasons as a coach
As a coach
Milan
Serie A (4): 1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana (3): 1992, 1993, 1994
UEFA Champions League (1): 1993–94
European Super Cup (1): 1994
Coppa Italia Primavera (1): 1984–85
Roma
Serie A (1): 2000–01
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2001
Juventus
Serie A (2): 2004–05, 2005–06 (both revoked)
Real Madrid
La Liga (2): 1996–97, 2006–07

HELENIO HERRERA GAVILAN
Helenio Herrera Gavilán (10 April 1910 – 9 November 1997) was a Franco-Argentine football player and manager. He is best remembered for his success with Internazionale team known as Grande Inter.
Altogether Helenio Herrera won 16 major titles in his coaching career. Here is an overview:
Atlético de Madrid 1950 – Championship
1951 – Championship
FC Barcelona 1959 – Championship
1959 – Spanish Cup
1959-Inter City Fairs Cup (UEFA Cup)
1960 – Championship
1960 – Inter City Fairs Cup (UEFA Cup)
1981 – Spanish Cup
Internazionale FC 1963 – Championship
1964 – European Champions Cup
1964 – Intercontinental Cup
1965 – Championship
1965 – European Champions Cup
1965 – Intercontinental Cup
1966 – Championship
AS Roma 1969 – Italian Cup

BELA GUTMANN
Béla Guttmann (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈbeːlɒ ˈɡutmɒnː]; 27 January 1899[3] – 28 August 1981) was a Jewish Hungarian footballer and coach. He played as a midfielder for MTK Hungária FC, SC Hakoah Wien, Hungary and several clubs in the United States. However he is perhaps best remembered as a coach and manager of some the world’s leading football teams, including AC Milan, São Paulo FC, FC Porto, SL Benfica and C.A. Peñarol. His greatest success came with SL Benfica when he guided them to two successive European Cup wins in 1961 and in 1962.
Manager
Újpest FC/Újpesti TE
Hungarian League: 2
1938–39, 1946–47
Mitropa Cup: 1
São Paulo
São Paulo State Champions: 1
Porto
Portuguese Liga: 1
1958–59
Benfica
European Champions: 2
1960–61, 1961–62
Portuguese Liga: 2
1959–60, 1960–61
Portuguese Cup: 1
1961-62

JOSE MORIHNO THE ONLY ONE
Managerial
In eight seasons of club management, including an eight month sabbatical in 2007–08, Mourinho has led his club to win its domestic league seven times, the UEFA Champions League twice and the UEFA Cup once. Since 2002, Mourinho has not gone a full calendar year without winning at least one trophy.
Porto (2002–2004)
Primeira Liga (2): 2002–03, 2003–04
Taça de Portugal (1): 2002–03
Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira (1): 2003
UEFA Champions League (1): 2003–04
UEFA Cup (1): 2002–03
Chelsea (2004–2007)
Premier League (2): 2004–05, 2005–06
FA Cup (1): 2006–07
Football League Cup (2): 2004–05, 2006–07
FA Community Shield (1): 2005
Internazionale (2008–2010)
Serie A (2): 2008–09, 2009–10
Coppa Italia (1): 2009–10
Supercoppa Italiana (1): 2008
UEFA Champions League (1): 2009–10
Real Madrid (2010–present)
La Liga (1): 2011–12
Copa del Rey (1): 2010–11
Give it to Morihno is the ONLY ONE grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Jose Mourinho: Call Me 'Only One' Instead Of 'Special One' by Integrafamoo: 4:39pm On Aug 14, 2012
He should go to bolton or leeds united whether he will repeat it. Those clubs are the greatest clubs with high expenditure that would have tried without any coach.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thomas Dennerby Resigns As Super Falcons Coach / My Top 10 Gentle/humble Footballers In Europe / More Pictures From EKO 2012 Opening Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.