Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? (4627 Views)

Which Is More Difficult To Win? Uefa Europa League Or Uefa Champions League / Spanish La Liga 2014-15 Fixture Released. Suarez To Make El-classico His Debut. / Commercializing The Nigerian Premier League Like The Spanish La Liga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by mukina2: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2006
Dblock do you watch all these leagues? lipsrsealed
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dblock(m): 1:48pm On Oct 05, 2006
Nahhh most of those leagues are too crap to get good coverage i simply evaluate from previews and based on the champions legue performances of those various leagues, I also judge by the number of high ranked pitch and the cleanliness of their FA's also the infastructure of the average team, the capacity the state of calm are there racist hot heads here and there you know the basics. And lastly and most importantly the entertainment i get from watching grin
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by hustler(m): 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2006
lordimpaq:

i was such an ass when i started this thread, well it is all evident that the english league is now becoming interesting, with all the big guns wanting to come to the EPL,

all they wanna do is come there and retire,

Ballack and Sheva that is
if they were the ones u meant.

Tevez and Mascherano will leave come January.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by MP007(m): 6:57am On Jul 20, 2007
real soccer, spanish , show show and show, premiership
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Jackal(m): 9:54am On Jul 20, 2007
The FA premiership is the best football league in the world.

It has the best organisation, the best media coverage and the most funded.
Only America's NBA, NFL and MLS have more audience that the EPL.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Banderas(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2007
Actually, the EPL is currently the most watched sporting activity. Manchester United is only threatened by Real Madrid in terms of earnings, no US sporting teams even come close - possibly because football is the most watched sport in the world.

And the EPL is far better funded than any national sporting event in the world - If I'm not mistaken, the top four teams from this season will make as much for being in the premiership as they will make if they get to the semi-finals of the champions league.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dayokanu(m): 10:05am On Jul 20, 2007
@ Jackal,

It has the best organisation, the best media coverage and the most funded.

And you think this factors determine the best leagues? Not considering the quality of players there- How many greats of the game they have produced, How many continental titles they have won and Which league is ahead in Head to head meetings?
I think These factors make a league better than the earlier.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Jackal(m): 10:14am On Jul 20, 2007
I totally disagree with u.

La Liga for what it is attracts 99% of the players in the South America.
If u consider the fact that only Brazil speaks the portugese language in the whole SOUTH AMERICAN continent and all the other countries SPEAK spanish then La Liga has a slight adavantage over the influx of talented foreign players.
Remove the Brazilians and the Argentines in La Liga and u have nothing.
Maybe thats the reason why Spain as a country has never won anything.

You cannot really say the same about EPL.
The foreigners do their bits but there are more world class English players than Spanish players.
The media also kind of overhype and overrate the English players but when u look at players like Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney then u will be convinced the player development schemes in the Premiership is miles ahead that of La Liga.
Its the Latin Americans that makes the La Liga thick.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dayokanu(m): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2007
Spain has won the Euro cup before. Then how has England been better in terms of Laurels?

Check the top teams in EPL they are populated by mostly Foreigners. Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool a.k.a Athletico Anfield and to a lesser extent man U Even they are all coached by foreigners.

The best player in the EPL year in year out how many of them were Englishmen?

Moreover we are talking about the league Not best country/ national team if you like get players from Mars to play for you.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Jackal(m): 11:37am On Jul 20, 2007
Spain has won the Euro Cup but England has won the world cup.
Technically, England is better than Spain.

The only team with foreign legion in the English premiership is Arsenal.
Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool have a decent percentage of British players.
The Man Utd team that defeated Roma 7-1 had 8 British players in the starting line-up.
What else can u ask for?

I don't know why anyone would rate the La Liga more than the English Premiership.
The La Liga used to be great in the past but things have changed remarkably these days and if u analyse the quality of players in the EPL these days u will marvel.
Was it a coincidence that all the Premiership clubs topped their groups in last season's UEFA Champions league?
Anutha coincidence that there were 3 Premiership clubs in the last 4 of the Champions league last season?
Premiership clubs have reached the finals of UEFA in the last 3 seasons?
C'mon . . . . . . . .Give the Premiership the credits.
Afterall, England is the only country to have all of its 4 representatives seeded in the Champions league.
Your favourite La Liga only has 2 seeded teams in Barcelona and Real Madrid. tongue
If that's not an evidence of The Premiership's strength then i wonder what it is.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dayokanu(m): 11:54am On Jul 20, 2007
A typical Chelsea side would have Cech, a foreign right full back, carvalho, Essien, Ballack, Makelele/Mikel, Shevvy and Drogba when 8 out of 11 slots are taken by foreigners and you say it is not a foreign team then what is a foreign team.
A typical Liverpool team would have Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Agger,Riise, Sisoko/mascherano, Xabi Alonso, Kuyt due to Benitez rotation policy we may Have Gonzalez, Fabio Aurelio, Luis garcia, Arbeloa, Kewell. Next season Yossi Benayoun, Torres, Voronin,Babel and this is not a foreign team?

English national team might be better than Spain but not the leagues. Premiership has improved due to the influx of foreign players but it is still not on the level of La Liga
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Jackal(m): 12:03pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ Dayokanu,

U cannot tell me what a typical Chelsea team must look like.
It all bores down to the manager.
I can decide to have Glen Johnson, Terry, Wayne Bridge and Ashley Cole in my defence.
Lampard, Steve Sidwell and Wright-Phillips in the midfield
Then Sinclair, Drogba and Joe Cole in the attack.
My team would still be a formidable team of 9 English players so what are u on about?

My question is why does England has more top seeded teams than any country in Europe?
Is UEFA partial or what can u say is the factor?
Lemme tell u the answer? It's because the top 4 teams in England are stronger than any Top 4 teams in the same league in the whole wide world.
No question, the La Liga is more competitive but overall, the Premiership is miles better than La Liga.
Say no more!!!!!!!!!!
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dayokanu(m): 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2007
Tell me in which game of Chelsea you have seen that kind of Line up before and I can give you 10 games where you have my line up.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Jackal(m): 12:27pm On Jul 20, 2007
When i become the manager of Chelsea next summer i will field them. grin
What i am saying is, it is feasible to have that kind of team and still have a decent strong side.
The only team in the Premiership that cannot even name 3 English players is ARSENAL and that is why they now under-perform.
There's no true ENGLISH spirit in the gooners team.

Arsenal lacks what:
The Determination and Power JOHN TERRY gives CHELSEA
The Nerves and Courage STEVIE GERRARD gives LIVERPOOL.
The Drive and Ambition WAYNE ROONEY and PAUL SCHOLES give MAN UNITED and until they address this issue, there's no light at the end of the tunnel for the gunners.
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by dayokanu(m): 12:37pm On Jul 20, 2007
I'm not an Arsenal fan so I can't defend them I can only defend Bayern Munich
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by marlet01(m): 4:46pm On Jul 21, 2007
I don't know why anyone would rate the La Liga more than the English Premiership.
The La Liga used to be great in the past but things have changed remarkably these days and if u analyse the quality of players in the EPL these days u will marvel.
Was it a coincidence that all the Premiership clubs topped their groups in last season's UEFA Champions league?
Anutha coincidence that there were 3 Premiership clubs in the last 4 of the Champions league last season?
Premiership clubs have reached the finals of UEFA in the last 3 seasons?
C'mon . . . . . . . .Give the Premiership the credits
I second that!!! The EPL is un arguably the best in Europe, taka a look at the last three editions of the UCL: 2004/2005 Chelsea and Liverpool were the 2 English teams in the semi-final, how many spanish teams were there?
2005/2006: Arsenal also got to the final despite loosing to Barca
2006/2007: Three English teams got to the Semi's, am sure that is still fresh in ur heads, so I wonder where the arguements between Spanish and English leagues always arise.

England also hav the most consistent top for in Europe, and their top four cannot be compared to any in the "Whole" Europe, so I think the case between this two leagues is settled. cool
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by akinwunmi(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2007
Ask DSTV or any Satelite TV Company*********** thts how to know which is most watched and loved

For the players the money is at Premiership

And for the Fans the PRIDE is at Premiership

GREENSTREET HOOLIGANS
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by IBIPHIL(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2007
I beg,apart from d mkt /viewership aspect of d premiership which is far beta dan any league, I drop my cap 4 la liga becoz of officiating and beta football played by minor teams, regardless of where they are playing either home or away,beshide that every team is a winner in la liga, no unbeaten record .I beg dem go beat u 4 ur dormot ur eye go red,
Re: FA Premier League or the Spanish 'La Liga'? by Shaunscot(m): 2:01pm On Jul 25, 2007
Ive been quiet for quite some time but Ill talk now.
For those who keep talking about the EPL being seeded by UEFA,the seeding is a result of accumulated points over 5 years.
If you look at Spain,the level of competition is so high that Only Real Madrid can boast of Champions league competition for 5 consecutive years.
We have had Deportivo Lacoruna,Real Betis,Real Sociedad,Celta Vigo,Villareal in the champions league over this period.
Even the other top two teams-Barcelona and Valencia cant boast of 5 consecutive UEFA CL outings.
In England,it is an entirely different story.The top four-seven teams can always be predicted.That is why even if Arsenal keeps losing out in the second round,they will still be seeded.
Concerning having 3 Semi-finalists in the champions league,Its not new.Spain and Italy have both done it before.Yet they all produced 2 finalists and a winner.
England produced 3 semi-finalists and one finalist and no winner.
Chelsea's inclusion in the semi-final was more or less luck.Competing against the most depleted team in Europe(Valencia had 7 injured players and 2 suspended players) and still they struggled to defeat Valencia.
What would have happened if there was a fully fit squad?
The EPL remains the most hyped league in the world while the spanish liga is the most competitive and entertaining league in Europe

(1) (2) (Reply)

Watch And Download: Real Madrid Vs Manchester City 4-1 All Goals And Highlights / South Korean Coach Thanks Yakubu For Goal Miss / Two And Seriously Sure Odds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.