Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,340 members, 7,822,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? (3431 Views)

several Units Of Toyota Camry(tiny Light) Waiting To Be Shipped In @ 790k Each / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Sales Tax On A Vehicle Bought From The Us To Be Shipped To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by seunbballo(m): 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2007
I want to ship a right hand drive to lagos but i don't know if the steering, dash board could be changed to left. Will it be expensive to change to left hand if it is possible? I need advice or i should just buy a tokunbo car in Nigeria and not bother to stress myself. Thanks a lot.
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by sonety2k(m): 4:25pm On Dec 23, 2007
Well  it  depend on the type of car  that u want  to  send down  to the country ,  what type of car  are u sending down ?
It possible to change a right hand car  to left hand  Drive in Nigeria ,
If u are sending JEEP or SUV  its okay , but if small car  i will advice you to just buy a TOKUNBO CAR in Nigeria and not to bother ur self of the stress
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by chikeze(m): 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2007
its possible to change it frm right hand to left hand drive. these lebanese guys in lagos can do it. na your money dey talk
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by Laird(m): 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2007
Seun Yes You Can. Just Take It To Ladipo Spare Parts market In Mushin Lagos. They Shoukd be able to do it for you there. The Market Is The BIGGEST CAR PARTS MARKET IN WEST AFRICA. Friend Of Mine Got Theur Right Hand Drive 406 Converted here.Take Care
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by seunbballo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2007
Thanks 4 ur advice!! Its a Toyota Avensis Saloon (Y top Reg) 2001 model. Its not a jeep or Suv. I think i will just look for a nice tokunbo to buy in Nigeria.
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by obua: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2007
If the car is late model car/big car , it can be a good idea.
If you can do it abroad, better.
95% of mecahnics in Nigeria are quack and their work in Nigeria is shoddy. They dont understand what they are doing. Training is poor and they dont read much
It will still be more expensive to do steering conversion locally because all the tokunbo parts still come from abroad. A japanese guy promised to do for me for $2000, while most guys charge about N400k for the job in Naija
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by Jdesigns(m): 8:45pm On Dec 24, 2007
obua:

95% of mecahnics in Nigeria are quack and their work in Nigeria is shoddy. They don't understand what they are doing. Training is poor and they don't read much
It will still be more expensive to do steering conversion locally because all the tokunbo parts still come from abroad. A japanese guy promised to do for me for $2000, while most guys charge about N400k for the job in Naija

why are you spoiling the naija mechanics or you think all are like the quake you have you PH. how are you sure that the japanese guy can do it. dont believe all expatiate are props, so are learners. By the way how many foreigner read, all they do most of the time is learn on the job

@poster
don't mind him, we have very good guys whose job is mainly conversion of right to left hand at ladipo market Mushin and they will charge you between 150k to 250k depending on your machine.
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by blueband(m): 9:15pm On Dec 24, 2007
obua:

95% of mecahnics in Nigeria are quack and their work in Nigeria is shoddy. They don't understand what they are doing. Training is poor and they don't read much

Hello mate,where is this your japanesse guy based?CAn you PM his details?
Nigerian mechqanicas might be very good but they don't have the equipments to work with so there work does not always stand out.And to be sincere many mechanics just do "trial and error" cos some of the cars are not meant to be repaired without certain equipments they don't have.A changed a steering of a car in Nigeria.I REGRET IT TILL THIS DAY.But my friend changed his and it came out fine,so it is all about being lucky
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by obua: 11:47am On Dec 25, 2007
The Japanese guy is in Japan, so you can not see him here.
I am a car freak with so many cars and lots of literature on vehicles .
I have a few simple modern tools for solving problems on cars.
I have an MSc in Mech engine.
I actually spent my early teens growing up near a mechanic village and I still visit mechanic shops almost daily these days both locally and abroad
Nigeria mechanics understand next to nothing about modern engine management systems,exhaust and fuel injection systems
The mechanics in the Lagos/Ibadan axis are actually better than the ones in Portharcourt and environs.
I have a very good diesel mechanic with about 15 years working experience but only completed primary school. I also have a young petrol engine mechanic with very little education but very good and cerebral
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by Ivvie: 9:05pm On Jan 11, 2008
Yes

Most new cars today are x-by-wire. Remove and swap
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by D1O(m): 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2009
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by shotster50(m): 12:20am On Jan 08, 2009
@ D10

Get in touch with Sienna. Thats his thing.
Re: Can A Right Hand Drive Be Shipped And Changed To Left In Nigeria? by Uchethomson: 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
I intend to import a Toyota hiace 2008 model can anyone link me to where I can do steering conversion in Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Benz E240 N 1.6m / Registered/used Toyota Camry 2008 For Sale At 1.8m / Brand New ASHOK LEYLAND Truck Heads Available View Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.