Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,673 members, 7,820,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Pls Help With Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Help With Joomla (798 Views)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help With Joomla by shorxynla(m): 10:09am On Aug 15, 2012
I just install joomla to my new site. But I have been strugling with how to remove the joomla banner and put my own
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by yawatide(f): 11:05am On Aug 15, 2012
2 ways of doing it:
1) Crude way:
Get the name of the banner, create yours and give it the same name then upload it to your server, overwriting Joomla's

2) Preferred way:
Go into the code and replace joomla's banner with yours then create your own banner and upload it to the server.

Good luck!
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by shorxynla(m): 11:47pm On Aug 15, 2012
Thanks
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by guru01(m): 11:51pm On Aug 15, 2012
yawa-ti-de:
2 ways of doing it:
1) Crude way:
Get the name of the banner, create yours and give it the same name then upload it to your server, overwriting Joomla's

Good luck!
The banners are found in the template, image folders.
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by mikeoki(m): 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2012
U can also go to the Edit HTML section from your admin panel. Change the filename of the logo and upload yours to the original file path with your new logo(e.g. mylogo.jpg)
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by mitey(m): 8:28am On Aug 18, 2012
1. Go to the site's home page then view the source code and check the src attribute for the banner image. I prefer using Firebug extension for Mozilla to do that.
2. Then browse to the location of the banner usually in templates/template-name/images folder of your Joomla site.
3. Either delete the offending banner image and upload your own banner and give it the banner's current name OR
rename the joomla banner to something insignificant then upload your preferred banner and rename it to the name of the joomla banner

Visit the site's front end and refresh to see the previous banner now replaced with your own.

Hope this helps.
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by piogau88: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2012
Change the filename of the logo and upload yours to the original file path with your new logo[img]http://www.forexchartingsoftware.info/iPhone.gif[/img]
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by shorxynla(m): 5:13pm On Aug 18, 2012
Thank you all. It has been fixed
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by yawatide(f): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2012
^^and for the benefit of others, how did you go about fixing it?
Re: Pls Help With Joomla by shorxynla(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2012
yawa-ti-de:

2) Preferred way:
Go into the code and replace joomla's banner with yours then create your own banner and upload it to the server.

(1) (Reply)

How To Insert Google Absence In Php Website / How To Post Video Links And Pics To Nairaland? / Seun I Want To Change My Username

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.