Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,683 members, 7,823,924 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla (3200 Views)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by oloyedejamiu: 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
hi nairalanders,

i want to try out a complex secondary school website with joomla.

the site will have the following feature:

students will be able to register individually through a pin and serial no provided to each student. each student will have its own student id.

students will be able to register for courses online, check results of mock and exams.

the administrator will be able to add students grades to the each of the students record.

the administrator will be able to query any student data any time with ease.

and some other things.

Now am calling on joomla experts and starters of joomla on nairaland to help with this.

I will be very happy to see your contribution.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by talk2hb1(m): 3:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
What type of help do you want is it development help or idea contribution help
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by oloyedejamiu: 3:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
how can I import php codes into joomla so that it can perform the above iterated task.

talk2hb1: What type of help do you want is it development help or idea contribution help

how can I import php codes into joomla so that it can perform the above iterated task.
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by talk2hb1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
That means programming extensions. Well I am very sorry I can only create extension for WordPress, and Drupal, I am very sorry.
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by oloyedejamiu: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
thanks for ur replies.

I don't need extension bt wnt to know how to import php codes into joomla.

Simple.
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by Shadowblaqq(m): 11:44am On Jul 19, 2012
Hello, i would advice you download and checkout some school management systems already built for what you might be looking for.The one i have seen my friends use include:
1: Moodle- school management system that allows you to build a school portal easily.
2. Fedena- powerful school management system that allows you to build any school portal without stress.
i and my friends know how to customize this systems to suite your needs.Feel free to contact us for a quote.
Cheers.
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by oloyedejamiu: 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2012
Thanks for your concern
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by Adexy4us(m): 8:40pm On Jul 19, 2012
Fink joomla has custom html where u can put html codes...dnt fink it has custom php code unless u want to build extensions of dat manner using som of dev tools
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by mitey(m): 5:10am On Jul 20, 2012
Time and again I have found out that it is often better to use applications that are already on ground instead of trying to develop one unless the job is really large and the owner can pay. So you should consider using the school management systems Shadowblaqq has suggested.

On how to use custom php code in Joomla, you will need to get a component to do that, all text editors that come with a fresh installation of Joomla strip out anything that is not "safe" html or javascript. I use Jumi to add custom codes into Joomla articles and modules. Jumi accepts html, css, php and javascript code.

From the features you have listed, it might be advisable to install a school management system or develop a pure php application on your server and then use a wrapper to import it into joomla. I'm saying this because the Joomla component I suggested above is best used for inserting code snippets not for developing a complex application.

Hope this helps out a little. Cheers!
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by talk2me006(m): 8:34pm On Jul 20, 2012
talk2hb1: That means programming extensions. Well I am very sorry I can only create extension for WordPress, and Drupal, I am very sorry.
i need wordpress extension like dat of jrpassphrase in jomla.
can u help with one
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by Chimxy4sato(m): 2:08pm On Jul 22, 2012
"Need a website designer? We at slazotech web
solutions
design and develop professional
looking websites at very
affordable prices. We are known
to design quality websites that satisfy our client's needs. We
design any type of website,
business website, e-Commerce
website, social networking
website, forums,etc. Our team is
always available to attend to your needs. You can visit our
website at www.slazotech.com You can send us an email on
slazotech@yahoo.com or you can
call us on 07064920470 for your
website design today."
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by clubmoney: 9:47pm On Jul 22, 2012
search for joom reports extensions to do it
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by oloyedejamiu: 12:10pm On Jul 23, 2012
clubmoney: search for joom reports extensions to do it

Thanks i will make a search on google.com
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by miracle4(m): 11:22pm On Aug 21, 2012
Chimxy4sato: "Need a website designer? We at slazotech web
solutions
design and develop professional
looking websites at very
affordable prices. We are known
to design quality websites that satisfy our client's needs. We
design any type of website,
business website, e-Commerce
website, social networking
website, forums,etc. Our team is
always available to attend to your needs. You can visit our
website at www.slazotech.com You can send us an email on
slazotech@yahoo.com or you can
call us on 07064920470 for your
website design today."

Why use google adsense in your homepage ? why allow it only in subpages
Re: Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla by chiefkpokp(m): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2012
oboy this your website, they irritative, too dull, everything over stretch, abeg re design this site and make it simple, I non even fit understand all this your language...

(1) (Reply)

Seo Wise, Which Of These Is More Important? / .NG Domain Name Live? / Paypal Now Accepts Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.