Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone (10619 Views)

My Husband Raped My Niece —wife / I Caught My Husband Sniffing My Niece's Pants / Shocking!!!! I Caught My Niece self-servicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:08pm On Aug 16, 2012
warrior01:
In as much as she's old enough to have a phone; must it be a BB that comes with a monthly subscription? If i may ask; who will be paying for the subscription? You said she is enterprising and as a guardian are you not supposed to encourage her to invest her savings instead of squadering it on a want that would later be a liability on her? As a parent, i'll advice you get her a nokia phone (do it from your own pocket and encourage her to save more) for a start.
She will take pictures and advertise her snacks and cakes on her BBM, some people who make orders ask for pictures and emails. She makes snacks for me to take to work, some of my collegues order too.
This money saved is aside from the little she squeezes to buy books when her younger ones need in school. Her Capital is aside and she intends to expand, she has been trying to find out if she can continue her business when she resumes school or just keep it going when she is home on holiday.
As for 1500 monthly subscription, she has a monthly allowance part of which she used as start up capital, so maintaining the phone is not an issue.
The cost of calls, texting and is almost above 1500 every month
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by SisiKill1: 8:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
I think people are reacting more to the stigma attached to BB than anything else. undecided
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2012
keep in mind that you may be opening a door that will spoil this great record

bb is a door way to chat, twitter , internet p-orn etal, great fun, but also great distractions that do not add any value

i think a lot of us will admit that nl for instance has caused a drop in our productivity
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by kellystech(m): 9:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
Wen u get it 4 her endevour to give me her pin so dat I will guide her tru d process of learning it grin
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by warrior01: 9:44pm On Aug 16, 2012
debrief08:
She will take pictures and advertise her snacks and cakes on her BBM, some people who make orders ask for pictures and emails. She makes snacks for me to take to work, some of my collegues order too.
This money saved is aside from the little she squeezes to buy books when her younger ones need in school. Her Capital is aside and she intends to expand, she has been trying to find out if she can continue her business when she resumes school or just keep it going when she is home on holiday.
As for 1500 monthly subscription, she has a monthly allowance part of which she used as start up capital, so maintaining the phone is not an issue.
The cost of calls, texting and is almost above 1500 every month

I think something wrong here. I thought you said she's seeking an admission into a tertiary institution? If so, why are you so keen on her 'taking pictures and advertising her snacks on bbm which will eventually be to the detriment of her studies when big orders start coming in. Pls, learn to separate her wants from her needs as the most important thing for her now is to further her studies.

1 Like

Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
warrior01:
I think something wrong here. I thought you said she's seeking an admission into a tertiary institution? If so, why are you so keen on her 'taking pictures and advertising her snacks on bbm which will eventually be to the detriment of her studies when big orders start coming in. Pls, learn to separate her wants from her needs as the most important thing for her now is to further her studies.
What is wrong with growing a business while studying? I worked and ran a business while I was in school and came out with a 2.1, I still have a shop in addition to my Job, not everyone will graduate and sit waiting for a Job, growing a business while schooling is a good sign of responsibility and I support her.
I Balanced mine and so did my sisters, we didnt have to run to Daddy for every little kobo or depend on any boyfriend for what we needed.
Anyway we spoke to Hubby, said he will sleep on it. Thanks for all the advice
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by dam007(m): 10:05pm On Aug 16, 2012
Ujujoan:

Raising a child is not all about punishing them . . . It's good to reward them also!

From what you've said, she really deserves getting what she wants. I know a lot of younger kids who doesnt lift a finger and yet own expensive phones! I dont think it's spoilt them yet.

Please let her buy her BB. But monitor what she does with it.

If not, when she gets into the UNI, she'll look for a BF to buy her one.
she should get what she desires.. if she had enough money she probably would have gotten it herself but despite her hardworking nature, she still doesn't have enough... it'll be an unforgettable joy for her if you can just put that curve of smile on her face by letting her get what she wants for once... uju is 100% right
smiley
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by SisiKill1: 10:11pm On Aug 16, 2012
debrief08:
What is wrong with growing a business while studying? I worked and ran a business while I was in school and came out with a 2.1, I still have a shop in addition to my Job, not everyone will graduate and sit waiting for a Job, growing a business while schooling is a good sign of responsibility and I support her.
I Balanced mine and so did my sisters, we didnt have to run to Daddy for every little kobo or depend on any boyfriend for what we needed.

[b]Anyway we spoke to Hubby, said he will sleep on it. [/b]Thanks for all the advice
It's a done deal!! cool cool
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
It's a done deal!! cool cool
He claimed we ambushed him, she made spring rolls which he loves and I made his favorite meal, when he saw dinner he said "God knows the price I will pay for eating this meal" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by SisiKill1: 10:29pm On Aug 16, 2012
debrief08:
He claimed we ambushed him, she made spring rolls which he loves and I made his favorite meal, when he saw dinner he said "God knows the price I will pay for eating this meal" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Lmao! I like it!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So sweeeeeeet!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Jboy66(m): 12:15am On Aug 17, 2012
All of u giving ha d advice 2 buy ha a BB shey u will b 1 2 subscribe 4 ha? Tell me hw will she b able 2 save again after owning a BB
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by OYINBOGOJU(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2012
jennykadry: What does your husband want her to do with the money?

I am sure she will need always pad.

How about Victoria Secret Panties?

Who will give her in the absence of BF?
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Fhemmmy: 12:46am On Aug 17, 2012
chaircover:

You preorder Blackberry's too? grin grin grin

Go and check us out on Technology Market and you see Pre-Order like no other for all Technology stuff. . . .
[size=14pt]Very soon, i will start to Pre-Order admission for Nigerian students to come to Canada for school oh **Watch out** for that for your friends' kids[/size]
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Tinkybabe(f): 12:52am On Aug 17, 2012
After all said and done,I guess it's a win-win situation wink.The girl sure deserves it. I must commend her,she's such an industrious girl..she should keep it up smiley
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Ilaje44(m): 6:20am On Aug 17, 2012
Herr uncle is against it, so are her parents. If anything goes wrong, the blame is gonna lie squarely at your feet.

If you dont buy and she eventually find an Aristo that did for her at the college, her "family" will blame themselves. Experience of the crazy Nigerian society, teaches that one should not unnecessarily show more concern than the concerned. Else, you will be the sole scapegoat if anything goes wrong. Atleast you have convinced your oga...
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 17, 2012
I have said before and I guess this is the last time I will say it: WHAT YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND WANT OR THINK IS NOT IMPORTANT, THAT GIRL'S PARENTS ARE STILL ALIVE, THEIR OPINION MATTERS, SHE IS THEIR DAUGHTER
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 17, 2012
jennykadry: I have said before and I guess this is the last time I will say it: WHAT YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND WANT OR THINK IS NOT IMPORTANT, THAT GIRL'S PARENTS ARE STILL ALIVE, THEIR OPINION MATTERS, SHE IS THEIR DAUGHTER
Their daughter they sent to do househelp at 12, their daughter they expect me to beat and maltreat so they can have another topic to dicuss, their daughter they dropped off for "holiday" and never came back for. Their daughter they dont let spend more than a week with them. Being a parent is more than pushing out babies
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2012
It is a good thing you said "their daughter" and not YOUR DAUGHTER. If that girl is getting married tomorrow, her parents will still be the mother and father of the bride, the father and mother of the day no matter how much you and your husband spent on her. She has her parents.

That is the raw truth
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2012
jennykadry: It is a good thing you said "their daughter" and not YOUR DAUGHTER. If that girl is getting married tomorrow, her parents will still be the mother and father of the bride, the father and mother of the day no matter how much you and your husband spent on her. She has her parents.

That is the raw truth

From what debrief has said, her parents don't seem all that responsible to me.

Why exactly are they rejecting the idea of buying her a BB? I bet they want the money for themselves instead! undecided undecided

My opinion is that if you deny her this now, she'll feel like she's losing something and that will be a way for men to lure her when she gets into school.
I still think she has earned it!
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 17, 2012
Ujujoan:

From what debrief has said, her parents don't seem all that responsible to me.

Why exactly are they rejecting the idea of buying her a BB? I bet they want the money for themselves instead! undecided undecided

My opinion is that if you deny her this now, she'll feel like she's losing something and that will be a way for men to lure her when she gets into school.
I still think she has earned it!

I have no problem with a 16 year old owning an iPhone 4s. My advise here is for her to contact the parents or try to get their approval. The same Debrief that is trying to stay away from problem with the family is still the same one looking for that same problem. Buy it for her without their approval and that problem she is running away from will catch up with her. Shebi the family is looking for a way to talk? They will sure find talk in this matter.

They might not be great parents but they are still her parents.
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by OgeneDom(m): 9:27am On Aug 17, 2012
At poster, I understand ur luv 4the childs performance. But NO to buying BB for her. There are other good phones u can buy for her that have browsing features. BB will spoil her performance as she will end up spending more time on-line than doing those things that impress you. Beside, BB maintenance is costly for her age.
Reward her with more work to make more savings as when she gets admitted in Uni, there will be more spend. Then you can reward her with a good accomodation, and so on.
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 17, 2012
jennykadry:

I have no problem with a 16 year old owning an iPhone 4s. My advise here is for her to contact the parents or try to get their approval. The same Debrief that is trying to stay away from problem with the family is still the same one looking for that same problem. Buy it for her without their approval and that problem she is running away from will catch up with her. Shebi the family is looking for a way to talk? They will sure find talk in this matter.

They might not be great parents but they are still her parents.

True!

@ debrief . .

Is there a way you can convince her parents to let her have the BB? I think it'll make things easier for you. If they say no, the let your neice know her parents doesn't apporove. You must have played your part then . . .
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by MRXELA(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2012
locust01: If not, her bf will buy it kia kia...
and b4 her b.f buy it, he must av tested her, u knw boys nw... And she wount resist him because shez very anxious 2 av it and u cnt gv it 2 her then let har b.f do
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 17, 2012
MR XELA: and b4 her b.f buy it, he must av tested her, u knw boys nw... And she wount resist him because shez very anxious 2 av it and u cnt gv it 2 her then let har b.f do

The way some of you Nigerians think is mind disturbing. Did a woman bring you people into this world or a goat?

Why do you people reason like dullards?
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Vigorousguy(m): 11:48am On Aug 17, 2012
if she can afford and maintain it y deprive of it
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by MRXELA(m): 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2012
jennykadry:

The way some of you Nigerians think is mind disturbing. Did a woman bring you people into this world or a goat?

Why do you people reason like dullards?
may b, is goat dat brot him into d wrld, datz y ur father didnt pay dawri... Am ashemd of u, ur fada raped a goat
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by Nobody: 6:14am On Aug 18, 2012
MR XELA: may b, is goat dat brot him into d wrld, datz y ur father didnt pay dawri... Am ashemd of u, ur fada raped a goat

Did you go to school at all or you have just settled yourself as Alaba international market boy-boy. Didn't they teach you how to spell in primary school?
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by MRXELA(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2012
jennykadry:

Did you go to school at all or you have just settled yourself as Alaba international market boy-boy. Didn't they teach you how to spell in primary school?
i went 2 schul but i was very dull, i used 2 take d last positon in clas... Oh dose days... But am hapi ... Ask me y... because i used 2 teach ur fada his assingnment.,.eya poor man he was 40 then wen he raped his sista dat gv birth 2 u... Wat a familiy
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2012
For a 16yr old,she is very productive.I started doing nails last year,I always relied on my sisters for everything.I remember @ 16 I did baby sitting for rich folks in my neighbourhood to help my mom put food on the table and I bought my first phone then.But then mom got a better job and I stopped workin on weekends,we moved into the suburbs and all was cool,I even considered babysitting for poor people as then life was gud nd my friends were top class.I stressed my mom a lot but she did everything to make me happy,I went to a private school wen I was in grade 11 nd peer pressure was too much.girls @ my school bought seventeen mags every month which I had to buy to belong.My younger siblings suffered because I was top proriety to my mom.but unfortunately my mom lost her job,got expelled @ skul and stayed home.mom only lived 28 days afta losing her job and passed away.but I finished high school still with the mentality of a rich spoiled brat.2yrs down da line I cudnt go to varsity there was no money and I had my elder sister taking care of me nd my ada lil sis.last year,I told myself that I used to look afta people's kids,I love it so I got a nanny job,with my first pay I enrolled for medicure and pedicure course.I bought my ada expensive phone,my business is good and my little sis had just started selling pin pops @ school.in life,u work hard to earn ur desires,I rewarded her with my sumsung star wen I bought my BB in march,that girl earned that BB,she should have it,plus it helps with no hussles of paying for internet whenever u need sumthin important.
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by peggykorol(f): 12:18am On Jan 05, 2013
@ op am so suprised @u oh.someone brought a 12 year to ur house and u accepted.am sure you enrolled her in one of d public sch's around.and everyday u preach againt/insult people about child Labour.so what has she been doing since she was 12 upto 16.what you re doin nw is nt wrong @ all abi.you re just sometin else.so quick to judge
Re: My Niece Wants A Blackberry Phone by tpia5: 3:31am On Jan 05, 2013
Chanchit: Very soon now, we would be seeing topics like..." How many rounds of sex should i have with my husband on sunday morning before church"...

true that.

or, should i cross my legs, stand, or sit in church, show off my ipad, etc etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men / How Well Do You Know Your Children? / Is My Salary Enough To Get Married? (N45,000)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.