Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? (964 Views)

Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / Without Jesus No One Will Enter Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
The word of God made it clear to us that it'll be easy for a carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven.Does this include the good, bad and ugly? It does sounds like a curse, doesn't it? Now the problem is, can any rich man on earth possibly make heaven, whether by mistake or whatever way! Am afraid, what if I get so rich which I know would happen soon, but guys i want to make heaven. Please what can one do to escape this? any idea, clue, please share because it's really obvious to me!
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2012
please i need a tangible answer.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Acidosis(m): 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
[bHEAVEN[/b]
Abraham & Solomon were stinkingly RICH. . and they made it to heaven. Solomon had thousands of slaves, his cattles were countless. How about "Abraham blessings are mine. . " a common christian song.
Also, Lazarus was a poor man but alas he made it to Heaven.

HELL
Do you remember the story of the rich man in hell?
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2012
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by ijawkid(m): 12:29am On Aug 17, 2012
Castos: The word of God made it clear to us that it'll be easy for a carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven.Does this include the good, bad and ugly? It does sounds like a curse, doesn't it? Now the problem is, can any rich man on earth possibly make heaven, whether by mistake or whatever way! Am afraid, what if I get so rich which I know would happen soon, but guys i want to make heaven. Please what can one do to escape this? any idea, clue, please share because it's really obvious to me!

Only a microscopic few rich persons can enter into GOds kingdom from Jesus's words....

Sometimes I wonder why a true christian should make it his or her aim or priority to be rich materially........
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 9:26am On Aug 17, 2012
Talking about Solomon and co who were rich but made heaven, these were special people, we're talking about people of our time with all the complexity of nowadays!
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by dattaswami: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2012
Castos: The word of God made it clear to us that it'll be easy for a carmel to pass through the eye of a needle than a rich man to enter heaven.Does this include the good, bad and ugly? It does sounds like a curse, doesn't it? Now the problem is, can any rich man on earth possibly make heaven, whether by mistake or whatever way! Am afraid, what if I get so rich which I know would happen soon, but guys i want to make heaven. Please what can one do to escape this? any idea, clue, please share because it's really obvious to me!

Rich should sacrifice for God’s mission

Jesus said that a camel may pass through the eye of a needle but a rich man could never reach God. For this statemet it appears as if all rich people are permanently condemned. But Jesus always showed path to the people who repented. Therefore, that statement of His applies only to the rich people who did not repent. If you close the doors for all rich people permanently, irrespective of their repentance, what work can be done by the devotees who only sacrifice work? A person who only sacrifices work is either a poor householder or a sanyasin. Both cannot do any divine service without money [money is required for activities including divine service like the propagation of divine knowledge]. The situation will be like that of two sanyasins rubbing their shoulders against each other. What will be the result? Only some ash applied to their bodies will fall down! Therefore, there is always a way for the repentant soul even on his deathbed. Thus, even Vikarma has a solution.

The Gita emphasizes the sacrifice of the fruit of work by giving it the highest place (Dhyanat Karma Phala Tyagah) by stating that mechanical practice of tradition without analysis (Abhyasa), knowledge (Jnana), theoretical devotion (Dhyana) and sacrifice of fruit of work (karma Phala Tyaga) are in the increasing order of importance. Again here you must note that the sacrifice of the fruit of work also stands for the sacrifice of work. Between these two terms (karma sanyasa and karma phala tyaga) any one can be used to mean both.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by dattaswami: 10:14am On Aug 17, 2012

Determination to sacrifice wealth for the sake of God

The extent of the determination to sacrifice wealth for the sake of God is one important angle. Another important angle is the recognition of human form of God, who enjoys your sacrifice. Devotees, who are matured in both these angles are very very rare. You may be well versed in the first angle, but you will fail in the second angle. The sages in the forest were in the climax of the first angle. Sharabhanga, a sage, sacrificed his life for the sake of God, but could not recognize Rama (then human incarnation) as the human incarnation of God. Instead of sacrificing his body in the fire alter, he should have sacrificed his life in participating the war between Rama and Ravana.

Similarly, people recognize the human form of God, but are unable to sacrifice anything for the sake of God. Dhrutarashtra recognized Krishna as God, but could not donate even five villages begged by the Lord for the sake of Pandavas. The failure in the second angle is mainly due to repulsion with the common co-human form. The ego and jealousy are the two layers that cover the two eyes of any devotee in recognizing the co-human form of the Lord. Unless you reach the climax of both these angles, you cannot succeed in your spiritual field (nivrutti).

www.universal-spirituality.org
Universal Spirituality for World Peace
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2012
U guys really shower great light on this, but lets view this on this direction. What about nowadays rich men, with all the complexity and luxury of life? Public problems here and there is affecting and accumulating into our individual problems. People can't make right decisions anymore. Social problems and much more temptations are archered everywhere like arrows. The rich are always put under pressure cus more is expected of them. Pride, power, fame, more money(because u can't afford to be poor again now that u are rich) at all cost! Am a millionaire alright(not boasting though) and a face all these problems especially the social aspect. Most time I don't put God first(it's a shame), not that i want to but just alway forgot. Now how can I and others alike and more of than me get through all these and still make this heaven? Looks kinda difficult.....
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by LordReed(m): 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2012
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

The bolded is the trouble. Anything in this world can become a hindrance if you place it above God, His Word and His Spirit.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 3:50pm On Aug 17, 2012
Lord_Reed:

The bolded is the trouble. Anything in this would can become a hindrance if you place it above God, His Word and His Spirit.

Yes yes yes u're right, and thats the enemy we face and because of the bolded we work, fight, bragg, show our pride and kill for it. Because we think money can protect us we then forget our devine protector*God* these things are the dragnets to hell. Does it mean we should go poor?
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by LordReed(m): 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2012
Castos: Yes yes yes u're right, and thats the enemy we face and because of the bolded we work, fight, bragg, show our pride and kill for it. Because we think money can protect us we then forget our devine protector*God* these things are the dragnets to hell. Does it mean we should go poor?

No, it means we can only trust the Spirit of God to lead us, not our riches or our wisdom or our power or our authority.

Romans 8:14
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by UyiIredia(m): 4:45pm On Aug 17, 2012
Joseph of Arimathea was a rich man who was a faithful disciple. Riches don't necessarily stop one from entering into heaven.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 4:49pm On Aug 17, 2012
Uyi Iredia: Joseph of Arimathea was a rich man who was a faithful disciple. Riches don't necessarily stop one from entering into heaven.
Now that the world is full of trouble, what more can we do.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by UyiIredia(m): 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2012
Castos: Now that the world is full of trouble, what more can we do.

We hope in God & we pray.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by LordReed(m): 5:27pm On Aug 17, 2012
Castos: Now that the world is full of trouble, what more can we do.

Despair will not help, instead:

Ephesians 6
New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Areaboy2(m): 5:43pm On Aug 17, 2012
Having read through, I notice a lot of assumptions and "out of context" reading.

For the guy that said Abraham and Solomon went to heaven, there's no evidence for that in the bible. The bible only accounts for TWO people to have gone to heaven. Elijah (2Kings, 2:11) and Jesus (Mark 16:19 and others). (u might wana read John 3:13 though grin)

The only thing we have to go with here is what Jesus said. And that alone is a brain teaser .

Bottom line, forget about heaven and focus on the life we have now. Be good to others and keep an impeccable moral standard. If that's not good enough then fck it undecided
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 10:12pm On Aug 17, 2012
Area_boy: Having read through, I notice a lot of assumptions and "out of context" reading.

For the guy that said Abraham and Solomon went to heaven, there's no evidence for that in the bible. The bible only accounts for TWO people to have gone to heaven. Elijah (2Kings, 2:11) and Jesus (Mark 16:19 and others). (u might wana read John 3:13 though grin)

The only thing we have to go with here is what Jesus said. And that alone is a brain teaser .

Bottom line, forget about heaven and focus on the life we have now. Be good to others and keep an impeccable moral standard. If that's not good enough then fck it undecided
How can u forget heaven when all the good deeds u do and tend to do are directed towards being there at the end. I believe that the thought of heaven strenghtens the struggle. How can u say that even Abraham is not a sure heavenly saint? What about the Abrahams bossom?
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Areaboy2(m): 3:35am On Aug 18, 2012
Castos: How can u forget heaven when all the good deeds u do and tend to do are directed towards being there at the end. I believe that the thought of heaven strenghtens the struggle. How can u say that even Abraham is not a sure heavenly saint? What about the Abrahams bossom?

wrong.. Actually it is the fear of hell that makes people wana go to heaven. Hell has been described intricately in the bible but heaven on the other hand only vaguely, yet people ascribe to it because it is "good"

Well, if the bible had time to describe Elijah going to heaven, it should have done the same for Abraham and the rest of them. begs even more questions. undecided
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by LordReed(m): 5:35am On Aug 18, 2012
Area_boy:

wrong.. Actually it is the fear of hell that makes people wana go to heaven. Hell has been described intricately in the bible but heaven on the other hand only vaguely, yet people ascribe to it because it is "good"

Well, if the bible had time to describe Elijah going to heaven, it should have done the same for Abraham and the rest of them. begs even more questions. undecided

Wrong sir. The bible describes heaven more than it describes hell. Apparently you've never read the Psalms through or Revelations or some of the Prophets.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2012
Area_boy:

The taught of hell works for u but mine is heaven. If Lazzarus was said to be in Abrahams bossom while the rich man was in hell, then Abraham is a saint alright(for not being in hell)
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by 2mch(m): 2:23pm On Aug 18, 2012
Your actions on earth determine your salvation. There are some totally wretched people who are sooo wicked at heart. In fact I have witnessed rich people to be better people. Have you ever jamned a poor person that saw a little money?you go fear na. They belittle poor people and act so stupidly. cheesy grin. Its very irritating. A lot of poor people I know have envy, hate and very bad minds. Not saying there are no good ones.
Re: Do The RICH Still Stand The Chance To Enter Heaven? by Castos(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2012
2mch: Your actions on earth determine your salvation. There are some totally wretched people who are sooo wicked at heart. In fact I have witnessed rich people to be better people. Have you ever jamned a poor person that saw a little money?you go fear na. They belittle poor people and act so stupidly. cheesy grin. Its very irritating. A lot of poor people I know have envy, hate and very bad minds. Not saying there are no good ones.
hmmm.... Seems like u've been meeting the wicked ones huuh? Dude the rich are no better, it's just because u've not met the bad ones, and mind u that most rich men did more wicked and grievious things to got rich and to get more money and firm while u are here narrating a simple anger and envy show by few poor people. Dude try getting poor and see ur friends on the top draw, then tell me if u won't envy them for just one second.

(1) (Reply)

A Message To All Atheist / The Mystery Of Sex / Forget Jesus? Miley Cyrus Offends Christians Via Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.