Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Immigrant Visa After 21 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigrant Visa After 21 (950 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / How Much Bank Statement Do You Need For Non Immigrant Visa To Yankee? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Immigrant Visa After 21 by chickss: 8:37pm On Dec 24, 2007
My sister will turn 21 on january and she has not been issued visa after her DNA test in September, she was sent a letter among her other documents sent her by my dad through his lawyer that if she turns 21 she may loose eligibility, but my dad's lawyer say it doesn't apply to her since my dad is a citizen of USA and not a green card holder, and the interview was also conducted before she turned 21, but his statement contradicts the letter sent her that issuance of immigrant visa, depends solely on the age of the applicant and the date of issuance and not the age at interview. Secondly I would be having my own interview next year, can I be issued without a DNA test? if yes what are the tips as everyone I know underwent DNA test. Thanks for your help in advance.
Re: Immigrant Visa After 21 by uspry1(f): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2007
The age has nothing to do with immigrant eligibility on DNA test. The purpose of DNA test on immigrant visa issuant is something our society relies on very heavily for identification purposes. Everyone has different DNA so it is a unique way to identify an individual. It is the equivalent of a signature only in a genetic form that can’t be altered or hidden.

Also, it is starting to replace birth certificates and other documents as tools for U.S. immigration authorities. The tests provide a more accurate way of proving a biological connection when trying to bring a foreign relative into the U.S. legally.

Wish you the best luck on next year visa interview!
Re: Immigrant Visa After 21 by chickss: 6:07pm On Dec 26, 2007
Thanks Uspry1

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Make Demostrations At Nigerian Embassy Rome / Get A Us Visa Appointment Guaranteed For Only #70k! / Info About Burundi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.