Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,022 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:01 PM

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (176330 Views)

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening / What Stops Nigeria From Having A Diversity Visa Lottery Program? / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
When they first arrive, diversity visa immigrants face some natural barriers to full social and economic
integration. The gap between them and the rest of society narrows over time, however, as dv immigrants
and their beneficiaries entered The United state there are a thousands of questions on their mind; this thread is dedicated to post dv lottery questions and answers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 26, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:
When they first arrive, diversity visa immigrants face some natural barriers to full social and economic
integration. The gap between them and the rest of society narrows over time, however, as dv immigrants
and their beneficiaries entered The United state there are a thousands of questions on their mind; this thread is dedicated to post dv lottery questions and answers.

I remembered when I came down to the United state as a dv winner less than 2years ago with my family, there were
millions of questions on my mind; starting all over gain, getting a job,taking care of family... my first experience was going to the social security administration office, then waiting for my green card to come and intensifying my job search.I got my SSC a week after my arrival.Now I can open a bank account,apply for job and go for re- training.The first training I had was CPR and AED(cardiopulmonary resuscitation and Automated external defibrillator)certification.little do I knew that without a Us drivers license you may not be able to get some job, then I have to read to pass the use of road test and the road test.Answering those psychometric questions while applying for job is another treat to getting a job. I failed more than five times before i really understood that once you fail you may not be able to apply for a job in that particular organisation until after 6 months or a year.These are few of the Odysseys Dv immigrant face that need to be address.

14 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I remembered when I came down to the United state as dv winner less than 2years ago with my family, there are millions of questions on my mind; starting all over gain, getting a job,taking care of family... my first experience was going to the social security administration office, then waiting for my green card to come and intensifying my job search.I got my SSC a week after my arrival which boost my confidence (at least my Visa is still valid for one year before my green card comes).Now I can open a bank account,apply for job and go for re- training.The first training I had was CPR and AED(cardiopulmonary resuscitation and Automated external defibrillator)certification.little do I know that that without a Us drivers license you may not be able to get some job, then I have to read to pass the use of road test and the road test.Answering those psychometric questions while applying for job is another treat to getting a job I failed more than five times before i really understand that once you fail you may not be able to apply for a job in that particular organisation until after 6 months or a year.These are few of the Odysseys Dv immigrant face that needs to be address.

you are always one step ahead? i like this
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:05am On Sep 27, 2012
Tiwanna:

you are always one step ahead? i like this

Thanks Tiwanna baby,I guess will need this now.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:14am On Sep 27, 2012
Please, if you are dv immigrant presently leaving in The United state your experience is needed here,If you are also a dv winner planning to move after a successful interview you questions are welcome , please every one is free to add his/her view.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 11:43am On Sep 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

I remembered when I came down to the United state as dv winner less than 2years ago with my family, there are millions of questions on my mind; starting all over gain, getting a job,taking care of family... my first experience was going to the social security administration office, then waiting for my green card to come and intensifying my job search.I got my SSC a week after my arrival which boost my confidence (at least my Visa is still valid for one year before my green card comes).Now I can open a bank account,apply for job and go for re- training.The first training I had was CPR and AED(cardiopulmonary resuscitation and Automated external defibrillator)certification.little do I know that that without a Us drivers license you may not be able to get some job, then I have to read to pass the use of road test and the road test.Answering those psychometric questions while applying for job is another treat to getting a job I failed more than five times before i really understand that once you fail you may not be able to apply for a job in that particular organisation until after 6 months or a year.These are few of the Odysseys Dv immigrant face that needs to be address.
adesojiaderemi@:

so many grammatical blunders in your post.

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:24pm On Sep 27, 2012
Gbenge 77: so many grammatical blunders in your post.

Thank you sir, I am working on that.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2012

Are you educated enough to know that this is not English language class?

He was able to communicate the message regarding the purpose of this thread.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:33pm On Sep 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thank you sir, I am working on that.

Don't give him the time of the day.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 27, 2012
justwise:

Don't give him the time of the day.

Thank you bro.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 12:56pm On Sep 27, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks Tiwanna baby,I guess will need this now.

yes they will need this. keep up the good work bro!
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 11:17pm On Sep 27, 2012
list of 50 states of The United State and information about each state

Alabama
California
Florida
Illinois
Kentucky
Massachusetts
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Carolina
Oregon
South Dakota
Vermont
Wisconsin.....
http://state.1keydata.com/

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 4:49am On Sep 28, 2012
That was my opinion,whether or not it was an english language class
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 4:49am On Sep 28, 2012
Are you educated enough to know that this is not English language class?

He was able to communicate the message regarding the purpose of this thread.[/quote]
Gbenge 77: That was my opinion,whether or not it was an english language class
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by prommy12(f): 6:58am On Sep 28, 2012
@gbenge77, trust me, u don't know d purpose of dis thread so buzz off. @Adesoji, thumps up!

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 10:38am On Sep 28, 2012
prommy12: @gbenge77, trust me, u don't know d purpose of dis thread so buzz off. @Adesoji, thumps up!

Mr gbenge77, I have gone through your 105 topics on Nairaland and find out that you are the "bomb" when it comes to English language, I only have time to write my post very early in the morning or late at night after a day's work just to help my people. The first test I did when I came down here was "Test of English" and I score 82%, I am not a Journalist so I don't have enough time to edit and re- edit my post.

9 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 10:51am On Sep 28, 2012
Gbenge 77: That was my opinion,whether or not it was an english language class

That should be capital 'E' and not small 'e'

26 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by prommy12(f): 11:47am On Sep 28, 2012
@Adesoji, ignore him jor..

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2012
prommy12: @Adesoji, ignore him jor..

Thanks my brother, this kind thing no dey move me, I am just trying to be nice to some extend,I understand Naija people no oyinbo pass oyinbo. Average American use "him,her, his" for animals but if you try it here na "Tabontabon"

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 12:23pm On Sep 28, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

Thanks my brother, this kind thing no dey move me, I am just trying to be nice to some extend,I understand Naija people no oyinbo pass oyinbo. Average American use "him,her, his" for animals but if you try it here na "Tabontabon"
op,my candid and unpretensious observations were not meant to disparage you.Your thread is fabulous

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2012
justwise:

That should be capital 'E' and not small 'e'
Why are you crying more than the bereaved,Attorney Justwise?Extricate yourself from delusion.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:39pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gbenge 77: op,my candid and unpretensious observations were not meant to disparage you.Your thread is fabulous

Its 'unpretentious' with a 't' before 'i' and not 'unpretensious',

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2012
justwise:

Its 'unpretentious' and not 'unpretensious',

grin grin grin guys this is becoming hilarious.may be i should turn this thread to English class grin

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:44pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gbenge 77: Why are you crying more than the bereaved,Attorney Justwise?Extricate yourself from delusion.

If you set out to correct somebody then make sure that there is no spelling mistake in yours.

Starting a sentence with capital letter after a comma?

17 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:51pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gbenge 77: op,my candid and unpretensious observations were not meant to disparage you.Your thread is fabulous

No sir,your grammatical expression is Platonicaly solid and scholastically bam

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Sep 28, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

No sir,your grammatical expression is Platonicaly solid and scholastically bam

Hmmmmm..make una stop am oo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by dridowu: 1:02pm On Sep 28, 2012
@Sir Adesoji, i aprc8 ds ur thread, have been following ur post frm Dv 2012, 2013 and 2014, am not yet a SELECTEE but i believe ds thread will useful to all dos already selected and for we the future selectee. English or no english i believe people understand wetin u dy rite.9ce 1 kip it bro
As 4 dos dat 1 teach us english, i don go buy new exercise buk oooooooo oya wen is d lesson dy start , also let d lesson stat 6am and end 9pm, witout break. Lol

1 Like

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2012
justwise:

Hmmmmm..make una stop am oo grin grin grin

I concur
LOl!!!

Grammatical errors now and then are understandable

As long as its not the posters who turn liberties of social media and text messages to write posts that are incomprehensible(abeg check whether that spelling was correct)as an excuse for poor grammar.

Back to topic
Not a DV holder but my parents were almost 7yrs ago, I was much older than 21 then.

Do you have any information on filing for adult children who are over 21. By the way they are citizens now

3 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Gbenge77(m): 3:09pm On Sep 28, 2012
justwise:

If you set out to correct somebody then make sure that there is no spelling mistake in yours.

Starting a sentence with capital letter after a comma?
Give me a break!A professional title must always begin with a capital letter,do you understand?.

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by ebykings(f): 4:43pm On Sep 28, 2012
Gbenge 77: Give me a break!A professional title must always begin with a capital letter,do you understand?.

Enough of all these. Wot is even wrong with u? na u write English? Na I. T. K dey worry u. "I Too Know". Wot is even ur age becos u are sounding so immature. I don write my own English oo, correct am oo becos I dey see am say na English class we dey lol..

2 Likes

Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by Tiwanna(f): 7:52pm On Sep 28, 2012
this is suppose to be an educational thread and not a thread where appalling words are thrown at each other. aby na so the thread wan carry start? you people should settle ya differences and keep this good work Mr adesoji started flowing. na wa ooo. sir soji abey continue ur work i support am 100%.
Re: Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America by adesojiaderemi(m): 12:54am On Sep 29, 2012
Dear salsera
your parents are eligible to file form I-130(petition for alien relative), this form establishes the relationship that exists between you and your parent, then you can file form I-485(application to register permanent residence or adjust status) when a visa becomes available.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (88) (Reply)

Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Authenticity Of Documents At Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Abuja / Any Nairalander In Abidjan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.