Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Ehen, Christmas Is Over, See You Same Time Next Year, Abi? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ehen, Christmas Is Over, See You Same Time Next Year, Abi? (807 Views)

Post Your 2016 "By This Time Next Year"expectations With Faith.. / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi / Saying Merry Christmas Is Worst Than Fornication Or Killing Someone Says Imam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ehen, Christmas Is Over, See You Same Time Next Year, Abi? by ajadrage: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2007
Wow, what a christmas this had turned out to be. The usual maddening crowd were at their best to impress with the festivities grin Okay, but there were others who were not so disposed in various circumstances. But at least, na christmas, so let the sober reflection and then the jollification and merriment continue. January 1st is around the corner, just a week from today, so we could all just take the opportunity to extend the holidays into the new year.

But for those who claim to observe christmas for it's spiritual values, I do not grudge you, but I hope that when tomorrow comes, the life and meaning of the existence of Jesus Christ (of whom christmas claims to celebrate in these days and times) guide you in your daily dealings with your fellow human being. Thankfully, we have documentary evidence of that Christ and his lifetime while on earth as contained in four books in the bible. Even non adherents to the christian faith can disregard all other portions of the bible, but an excellent model as to our very interpersonal and day to day activities are embedded in the accounts that contain the experiences of jesus in the very same situation.

May we be that better person irrespective of religious inclinations. We can start today and make every day in our lives a day that will give cause for the angels to rejoice and for Jesus to smile down on us and say "well done". Na only so we go take enjoy the presence of the father in the new system according to his words.

If na only this I take contribute to today as a day in time, I hope someone would see it and actually have a stimulating discourse on reality with himself. Take stock and project, maybe I'll see you same time next year grin

Meanwhile, make una help me thank Jehovah for the unfortunate occupants and victims of this accident along Uselu Lagos Road for Benin City. It happened in the early hours of today after some christmas eve revelling. Every one involved got out alive, thankfully. . .

Re: Ehen, Christmas Is Over, See You Same Time Next Year, Abi? by niceuzor: 11:24pm On Dec 25, 2007
Really Osa !
Re: Ehen, Christmas Is Over, See You Same Time Next Year, Abi? by slimnike(m): 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2007
shocked shocked :oIt's true oh. shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Lived And Died A Jew / Can You Answer This / The Beggarly Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.