Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Statistics Gurus...please Help - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Statistics Gurus...please Help (866 Views)

Brain Teaser: Gurus In The House Answer This Simple One!!! / English Gurus!!! How Was Your Day Or How Is Your Day? Which Statement Is Correct / Physics Practical Gurus Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statistics Gurus...please Help by Javanian: 3:34pm On Aug 18, 2012
Hello guys, i'm working on a programming puzzle and i came across something like i-th integer and i integer. I tried doing some research but i was seeing too much statistics grammar. So please can you explain in a lay mans term.

This is the question:-

Giving a range of numbers 1-10 i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10. Which is the i-th integer and the i integer. Please i am an illeterate and a complete block head, let your explanation be as simple as possible. Thanks
Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by shypo(m): 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2012
i-th term just mean the no/position of Term,that is having .1,2,3,...9 it can be d first term 1, or 5th term instead of writing in form of 1st,2nd,3rd or even the 100term nd d i-th just denote a position.e.g:given 5th term,the 'i' there represent 5.That is i=1,2,3... Means i can take any value that fall to that range
Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by Javanian: 4:44pm On Aug 18, 2012
Thanks, but are you saying if I have a range of numbers let's say 2,4,6,8,10 then I can assume the i-th tern is the 3rd term, therefore the I term will be 6??
Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by ishmael(m): 5:19pm On Aug 18, 2012
Javanian: Thanks, but are you saying if I have a range of numbers let's say 2,4,6,8,10 then I can assume the i-th tern is the 3rd term, therefore the I term will be 6??
No, it's not that the ith term is the 3rd term. It's put this way, if i = 3, it implies the 3rd term in the series. What he meant actually is that, i is an integer (a whole number without a decimal part). So i here could be 1,2,3,4,5.......,n. (i is called an integer variable). The ith integer now rep the number or value in the ith position. Since i = 1,2,3,---,n; it implies that the ith position could be the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th,----nth position. Going back to ur series or data: 2,4,6,8,10. If i = 1, it implies the 1st position, and the data in the 1st position is 2. If i = 2, it implies the 2nd position, whose integer value is 4. Also if i = 5, it implies the 5th position whose value is the integer 10. The series could be 3,5,7,9,11,15,19. Here if i = 4, it implies the 4th position and the value of the data in the 4th position is 9. If i = 7, it implies the 7th position, and the data in the 7th position is 19. So, i is an integer counter, while ith integer is the position of the data in an array or series (made up of only integer values). Hope u can understand it now?

1 Like

Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by Javanian: 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2012
^Thanks a lot o!... I understand perfectly well now...chai!!! to be illeterate block head no good o!grin

1 Like

Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by ishmael(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
Javanian: ^Thanks a lot o!... I understand perfectly well now...chai!!! to be illeterate block head no good o!grin
No, u're no block head. U are trying.
Re: Statistics Gurus...please Help by Javanian: 9:26pm On Aug 18, 2012
lol

(1) (Reply)

Msc. Business Administration Or Msc Taxation? / UNIZIK To Resume October 29th / FUTO Course Registration Deadline Is 18th Of January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.