Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Tennis.has Nalbandian Finally Gotten His Groove? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis.has Nalbandian Finally Gotten His Groove? (810 Views)

Has Mikel Obi Finally Got His Groove Back? / Has The NFF Finally Gotten Rid Of Keshi? / London Olympics Tennis Final : Serena Willams Vs Sharapova (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tennis.has Nalbandian Finally Gotten His Groove? by Octupus(f): 11:00pm On Dec 26, 2007
Has David Nalbandian finally gotten his groove?

Three reasons why I believe Nalbandian is the player to beat in 2008:
1).The ferocity and consistency(not necessarily the smoothness or artistry)of his back hand is arguably unparalleled in the circuit for now.

2).His serves are very consistent and dangerous, and

3)He has finally won the battle against mental toughness.Thanks to his new coach,for all these.Even Federer confirmed these facts after his two losses to David at the tail end of 2007

Some say his good run in Madrid and Paris this yr is because he was the freshest player around then,not having played many matches in the yr due to injury.I disagree cos Federer went on thereafter,to win the Masters' cup.So where was his "tiredness',if that excuse was tenable?

Others say he is incapable of maintaining all yr round consistency judging by his previous history.I agree partially to that.He appears to have taken final care of his injuries,for he was away for about 6 months in 2007.

Overall,I think his recent improvements in the above stated departments of the game,coupled with his experience,will stand him in good stead for 2008 major titles.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Going To African Nations Cup In Ghana : Enter Here For Informations / The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? / Your FIFA WC 2010 Team Of The Tournament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.