Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,648 members, 7,955,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? (832 Views)

Women Praying And Holding TV For Eagles Victory / NFF Thanks T.B Joshua For Eagles Victory / Correct Reason For The Head Butt Of Zidane To Marco. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by sirwebs(m): 5:40pm On Jan 28, 2008
shocked Methinks the punishing programme of the premiership is the reason for the problems of the national team. Like the Three Lions at big tournaments we have lacked sharpness and the cutting edge. The backbone of the super Eagles comprising about 7 players play in England and have had no rest since August.

Methinks so. what of you?
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by Eclairs: 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2008
then how do u explain the fact tht other teams with premiership players are doing well? It comes down to the lack of proud on the part of the players and nothin more,
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by gabrielgb: 8:03pm On Jan 28, 2008
I think you are right but your explanation i dont quite agree with. its not about how many games the eagles play in EPL only Mikel could boast of CL and finals in Carling and FA cups. the rest play for average teams.

I think the EPL players are not technically gifted compare to La liga and calcio. look at the WC and the EURO cups, its won majorly by teams with players from the above leagues.

eagles of 94, 96 and 98 didn't have much players from the EPL .
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by folahann(m): 9:01pm On Jan 28, 2008
Practice make perfects i Think
So why not the more they play the beeter they become
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
How come Cote D ivore with players in top EPL clubs are doing well. Abeg get a better excuse. That is too tame
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by dayokanu(m): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2008
Eboue, Kolo, Meite, Zokora, Drogba, Kalou all play games in the EPL as well as Europe.
Re: The Priemiership, Reason For Eagles Downfall? by folahann(m): 10:50pm On Jan 28, 2008
Dayokanu was more focused on the England national team instead of back home to support Eagles

(1) (Reply)

Eagles On Guide / United Bus Attacked At The Bridge / Is The Epl Title Race Going To The Last Match Of The Season?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.