Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? (940 Views)

What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Roland17(m): 11:41pm On Aug 18, 2012
The bible is endowed with unique personalities whose lifestyles, teachings interests us while reading, some displayed faith, others patience, courage..

Share with us ur favourite personality.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Roland17(m): 11:51pm On Aug 18, 2012
Jesus: he is my lord and personal saviour, without him, there would be no me.

Job: His courage to remain ressilent with his faith in the face of abject poverty, death of his household makes him one of my favourite bible personality.

St John: His humilty to serve despite being older than Jesus Christ.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by MacDaddy01: 1:01am On Aug 19, 2012
Doubting Thomas; The only smart guy who asked for evidence.

The runner ups are

Jesus; the nice but racist Jew. (See [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2015:22-26&version=NIV]Matthew 15;22-26[/url]

Elisha; The emotional bald man who hates children but loves bears
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Acidosis(m): 1:17am On Aug 19, 2012
MacDaddy01: Doubting Thomas; The only smart guy who asked for evidence.

The runner ups are

Jesus; the nice but racist Jew. (See [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2015:22-26&version=NIV]Matthew 15;22-26[/url]

This is pitiful. You'll be reminded, these quotes on the judgement day. Don't say I didn't tell you.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by k2039: 1:18am On Aug 19, 2012
King Solomon
The Hebrew Bible credits Solomon as the builder of the First Temple in Jerusalem,and portrays him as great in wisdom, wealth, and power
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by MacDaddy01: 1:23am On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

This is pitiful. You'll be reminded, these quotes on the judgement day. Don't say I didn't tell you.

I will be burnt in hell for telling the truth?

Why are christians so wicked? It's funny how christians gleefullyel unbelievers that they will burn in hell.

Your God in his infinite wisdom will send someone like me to hell for criticizing the bible but will send a repentant rapist to heaven if he changes his ways before death!

LWKMD grin grin
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Acidosis(m): 1:31am On Aug 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Your God in his infinite wisdom will send someone like me to hell for criticizing the bible but will send a repentant rapist to heaven if he changes his ways before death!

LWKMD grin grin

Yes! exactly what makes him GOD. The kind of wisdom you think you have is foolishness before him. His ways you can never fully understand. . He is the almighty , the supreme GOD and is word is Yea and amen!
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by MacDaddy01: 1:35am On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:
Yes! exactly what makes him GOD. The kind of wisdom you think you have is foolishness before him. His ways you can never fully understand. . He is the almighty , the supreme GOD and is word is Yea and amen!

How silly;

If I went to your house and shot your family then repented in Jail, I would go to heaven. But if I live a good life, helped your family but didnt believe in the nonnsense in the bible, I would go to hell.

grin grin grin grin grin You and your god are jokers!
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Acidosis(m): 1:45am On Aug 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

How silly;

If I went to your house and shot your family then repented in Jail, I would go to heaven. But if I live a good life, helped your family but didnt believe in the nonnsense in the bible, I would go to hell.

grin grin grin grin grin You and your god are jokers!

"No sinner will go unpunished"
That you ask God for forgiveness doesn't mean you won't pay for your sins. Get yourself a copy of the Bible, read the book of revelations for better understanding.

Jesus never sinned all his life, but he died, so why on earth do you think you wear an immunity clause even when you were born into sin ?
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by MacDaddy01: 1:51am On Aug 19, 2012
Acidosis:

"No sinner will go unpunished"
That you ask God for forgiveness doesn't mean you won't pay for your sins. Get yourself a copy of the Bible, read the book of revelations for better understanding.

Jesus never sinned all his life, but he died, so why on earth do you think you wear an immunity clause even when you were born into sin ?

No sinner will go unpunished? Does that mean that everyone will go to hell since we are all sinners?

Jesus sinned too; he flogged people, destroyed private property and chased people from the synagogue. If hed had done that in todays churches, he would have been beaten and arrested
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Acidosis(m): 1:54am On Aug 19, 2012
MacDaddy01:

No sinner will go unpunished? Does that mean that everyone will go to hell since we are all sinners?

Jesus sinned too; he flogged people, destroyed private property and chased people from the synagogue. If hed had done that in todays churches, he would have been beaten and arrested

Please I think you have to rest ok.. its late
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:02am On Aug 19, 2012
my favourite one is that lucky Roman General who nailed jesus to the cross. oh how i would wish to do that myself. ooooo cool
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Acidosis(m): 2:04am On Aug 19, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:
my favourite one is that lucky Roman General who nailed jesus to the cross. oh how i would wish to do that myself. ooooo cool

May God forgive you
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by paragonpro: 2:43am On Aug 19, 2012
Thomas of course. He did not work by blind faith, he tested and verified before accepting anything, even though he was a disciple of Jesus.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Corona99(m): 6:34am On Aug 19, 2012
Jesus christ,,,,he'broht'salvation 2 d world,,
Joseph,,,, 4rm pit'2 palace...
noah,,,, luv'4 existence of man kind...
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Corona99(m): 6:38am On Aug 19, 2012
PAGAN 9JA:

I feel lyk smashin ur skull wid a sledge hammer n rippin ur hrt awt wid a steak knife..... Unrepentant oaf
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by tobechi20(m): 9:02am On Aug 19, 2012
k2039: King Solomon
The Hebrew Bible credits Solomon as the builder of the First Temple in Jerusalem,and portrays him as great in wisdom, wealth, and power

u mean 4 having over 500 wives and cocumbine
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by k2039: 10:51am On Aug 19, 2012
tobechi20:

u mean 4 having over 500 wives and cocumbine
lol
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 19, 2012
David: even the Bible itself describes him as a man after God's own heart. He always realised his sins and then asked God for forgiveness.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:05pm On Aug 19, 2012
Corona99:

I feel lyk smashin ur skull wid a sledge hammer n rippin ur hrt awt wid a steak knife..... Unrepentant oaf

ah sweet lovely christian compassion.cool

unfortunately 4 you, we arE NIGERIA. only our NIGERIAN religions count. not your foreign bs. .
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by 2348074176519(f): 11:41pm On Aug 19, 2012
Job. For staying faithful even in crisis. Its not easy.
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Alaafialoro(m): 11:47pm On Aug 19, 2012
MacDaddy01: Doubting Thomas; The only smart guy who asked for evidence.

The runner ups are

^^^^ a typical atheist!
Re: Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? by Alaafialoro(m): 11:52pm On Aug 19, 2012
1. Jesus: being the saviour who died for my sins.
2. Paul: a faithful & dedicated christian
3. Joseph: an example for the youths.

(1) (Reply)

Bible Folks, Check Out This Passage. / Polish Choir Sings The Popular Yoruba Song "Ka Bi Osi O". Very Uplifting Song. / Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.