Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? (940 Views)

How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / What Would Make You Change Your Religion? / As A Christian, Does Your Dressing Really Matter ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by djeezy(m): 10:08am On Dec 23, 2012
Some people may call this usury, lending money at unreasonable high rates of interest. Does your religion forbid any form of interest rate whether just or reasonable? If biblically this is forbidden, what is the justification for banks lending money to people with interest rate?
What if he/she does loan business for a living? Mature responses please.
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:13am On Dec 23, 2012
My religion forbid lending money at "too much" interest rates. Am doing business and i must make profit. Anyway my religion is that of the Flying Spagetti.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by AtheistD(m): 10:20am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman: My religion forbid lending money at "too much" interest rates. Am doing business and i must make profit. Anyway my religion is that of the Flying Spagetti.

Sounds interesting hmmmmmm.....

So what type of interest rates are we talking about?
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:23am On Dec 23, 2012
Atheist:-D:

Sounds interesting hmmmmmm.....

So what type of interest rates are we talking about?

The Flying Spagetti says 2% per month and i can lend for a maximum period of 5 years. Manimum amount N10M. One condition though: You must be a worshiper of the Flying Spagetti, the one and only God.
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by nakash: 10:25am On Dec 23, 2012
Islam forbids riba which is interest or ursury. Actually sharia forbids interest on any loan. Any wonder the islamic financial systems will always lag behind western ones? They however partake in interest by setting fixed loan repayments amounts. Proves sharia law is unworkable. Muhammad banned riba because he wanted to borrow money to finance his kufr wars but the financiers ( some could have been Jews) needed return on investments by charging interest. He didnt want to pay any interest thus allah revealed that riba is unacceptable.
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by AtheistD(m): 10:25am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman:

The Flying Spagetti says 2% per month and i can lend for a maximum period of 5 years. Manimum amount N10M. One condition though: You must be a worshiper of the Flying Spagetti, the one and only God.

What are you talking about Zeus is the one and only god.

These terms are pretty good. What about for an unbeliever?
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2012
Atheist:-D:

What are you talking about Zeus is the one and only god.

These terms are pretty good. What about for an unbeliever?

No i disagree, The Flying Spagetti is the one and only God because the Book of Flying Spagetti says so.

The Flying Spagetti is strict with unbelievers, he will send all unbelievers to hell, so why lend them money on earth?
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by AtheistD(m): 10:43am On Dec 23, 2012
ooman:
No i disagree, The Flying Spagetti is the one and only God because the Book of Flying Spagetti says so.
Sacrilege!!!!! angry

ooman:
The Flying Spagetti is strict with unbelievers, he will send all unbelievers to hell, so why lend them money on earth?

Good question? Lets ask the Xtians why their god needs money in form of tithe?
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by nakash: 10:44am On Dec 23, 2012
Not to derail the topic of allah coming to save his prophets earthly desires Allah came out and saved the prophet when he desired the wife of his adopted son. Allah revealed that one can marry the wife of his adopted son as long as the son divorces her. How does a muslim alpha male divorce his wife? By declaring 3 times the talaqa I divorce thee. Then she became lawful to the prophet to marry and co.pulate with. Classic case of allah bending to the whims of his prophet.
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by AtheistD(m): 10:45am On Dec 23, 2012
nakash: Not to derail the topic of allah coming to save his prophets earthly desires Allah came out and saved the prophet when he desired the wife of his adopted son. Allah revealed that one can marry the wife of his adopted son as long as the son divorces her. How does a muslim alpha male divorce his wife? By declaring 3 times the talaqa I divorce thee. Then she became lawful to the prophet to marry and co.pulate with. Classic case of allah bending to the whims of his prophet.

What has that got to do with usury?
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2012
nakash: Not to derail the topic of allah coming to save his prophets earthly desires Allah came out and saved the prophet when he desired the wife of his adopted son. Allah revealed that one can marry the wife of his adopted son as long as the son divorces her. How does a muslim alpha male divorce his wife? By declaring 3 times the talaqa I divorce thee. Then she became lawful to the prophet to marry and co.pulate with. Classic case of allah bending to the whims of his prophet.

Hey, hey, nakash. your religion and your God is a murderer. We dont want murderers in the house. Go join the Boko Haram and do me a favor. Blow up Abuja Central Mosque
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2012

Hey, hey, nakash, NAKASH. your religion and your God is a murderer. We dont want murderers in the house. Go join the Boko Haram and do me a favor. Blow up Abuja Central Mosque
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by ooman(m): 10:47am On Dec 23, 2012

Hey, hey, nakash, NAKASH. your religion is a killer and your God is a murderer. We dont want murderers in the house. Go join the Boko Haram and do me a favor. Blow up Abuja Central Mosque
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by nakash: 10:55am On Dec 23, 2012
Ooman I just explained the circumstances that made allah declare riba haram.so that the prophet could finance his offensive wars on the non believers,capture slaves, booty and reserve 20% for rasullah. I am not a muslim and I gave another example of how allah even came to the prophets aid when he desired his daughter in law sexually. The most pious man to ever walk on this earth my ass.
ooman:

Hey, hey, nakash, NAKASH. your religion is a killer and your God is a murderer. We dont want murderers in the house. Go join the Boko Haram and do me a favor. Blow up Abuja Central Mosque
Re: Does Your Religion Forbid Lending Money With Interest? by nakash: 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2012
Even Aisha Rasulullah's wife of 9 years (coming to Egypt soon the legal age of marriage) quipped once that Allah hearkens to his prophets desire. This was during another case where allah allowed the prophet to deprive his brothel of wives of conjugal relations for one month after he had had been caught sleeping with one of his wife's maid making the household sad at how low the prophet had sunk. He anyway enjoyed the sex.. With his slave gal for a whole month while his wives were deprived of him leading Aisha to quip the infamous quote.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Diverts 5 Million Pounds Church Money / God Is Good / Rccg Open Heavens Devotion Wedesday 15th May, 2013 Faithful Unto Death By Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.