Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,969 members, 7,852,264 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Tips For Fresh Breath - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Tips For Fresh Breath (14678 Views)

Doctor Disappears After Going Outside For Fresh Air (Photo) / Cure For Halitosis (bad Breath/mouth Odour) / Daily Oral Routine For Fresh Breath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 21, 2012
binger: Nice tips. And i will also add,do not skip ur breakfasts,ie eat in d morning b4 leaving 4 work. Also,try and breath in thru ur mouth occasionally.Reason is,air reduces d bacterial activity in ur oral cavity thus preventing bad breath.
its not advisable to breath through ur mouth as this can reduce water in ur mouth nd course bad breath .....always drink lots of water during d day...hydrgen peroxide too works...

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Wallie(m): 3:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
Bad breath is something people don’t like to talk about. We’ve all had it at one time or another but some people have it all the time. grin Unfortunately, most people won’t realize that they have bad breath unless someone tells them, which usually does not happen due to fear of embarrassing the person. But I think you would be actually doing the person a favor by letting them know so that they won’t further embarrass themselves by talking to other people.

1. If you have persistent bad breath even after brushing, see a doctor because it could be sign of diabetes, respiratory infection or liver disease.
2. Scrap your tongue clean of “white matter” when brushing.
3. Rinse with mouth wash especially Listerine.
4. If you have bad breath or you see people backing away from you when talking, try keeping your mouth shut and avoid “close quarter” discussions. grin
5. Try keeping your saliva “flowing”. Saliva actually washes bacteria that cause bad breath down your throat. This is why chewing gum helps.
6. Avoid sugary drinks.
7. Avoid alcohol because it can lead to dry mouth. Ever wonder why people’s breath smell during fasting?
8. Drink a lot of water.
9. Rinse your mouth after eating so as not to have food trapped in your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by stagger: 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2012
As for me, I brush my tongue (I mean the whole lenght of it, especially the back) thoroughly with my hard bristle brush. I also make sure I have my orbit chewing gum, as I am told that the more saliva in your mouth, the fresher your breath. I also drink lots of water to prevent my mouth from drying up. Dry mouths smell.

Works for me and I don't have a single problem.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by dabrake(m): 3:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
I use JIK/hypo. Trust me, it works.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by proudlyafrican(m): 3:46pm On Aug 21, 2012
Avoid smoking cigarette,it gives bad breath as well..Also take a glass of warm water mixed with lime first thing in the morning when you wake up from sleep,it helps to cleanse the system and also fights bad breath.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by nodyke11: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
pls,is it adviseable 2 apply hypo bleach orally?
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Heck: 4:21pm On Aug 21, 2012
how about genetic bad breath ?
found mostly among babes
that get wet easily
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by dominique(f): 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2012
nodyke11: pls,is it adviseable 2 apply hypo bleach orally?

hell-to-da-no!!! ignore those telling you to do such. if you want to whiten your teeth, use hydrogen peroxide or baking soda in small concentration with water
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by 4reigningqueen: 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Now am confused!
Hypo!!! I know its a capital NO!
But Izal or dettol never heard that it can be used as mouth wash,plz can someone confirm before someone drinks poison.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by rodeo0070(m): 5:07pm On Aug 21, 2012
jevic: Nice tips. But have not heard about the Hydrogen Peroxide thing. I will give it a trial. Hope it won't have any side effect?
Not always. Moderation is the key word here. Maybe every 4 days or weekly.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by demmie1: 5:13pm On Aug 21, 2012
how about morning breath
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by rodeo0070(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2012
jevic: Nice tips. But have not heard about the Hydrogen Peroxide thing. I will give it a trial. Hope it won't have any side effect?
Mouth wash will only cover mouth odour for a while, its not d ultimate solution to bad breath.
1.Regular brushing.
2.Changing of toothbrush wen nd be, 3.Periodic use of the traditional "chewing stick".
4.Don't brush immediately after eating as dis can also lead to teeth discolouration,
5.And please don't confuse bad breath with stale breath.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by PosCaricature: 5:31pm On Aug 21, 2012
al-qaeda:
IF UR GONNA BRUSH UR THROAT, U MIGHT AS WELL JUST STICK THE BRUSH INTO UR NOSE AND GIVE IT A GOOD SCRUB.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by PosCaricature: 5:33pm On Aug 21, 2012
You are a mad man, Clifford Orji younger brother. EWU!
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by rodeo0070(m): 5:44pm On Aug 21, 2012
If after all these tips, visiting of Dentist and yet you still H̲̣̣̣̥ɑ̤̥̈̊vє̲̣̥ the odour, then I think the best thing is to go for a blood test. It might be an indication of a disease lurking /hidding within.
As in it can be a sympton of a disease much worse than the mouth odour you are combating.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Nellyd(f): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
This is good op. Thanks.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by johnshagb(m): 6:32pm On Aug 21, 2012
Derumania: This is a good thread i have been waiting for since.I will surely try some of the tips given here.

you sound desperate, is the condition of your mouth/breathe that critical? No hurt feelings
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by finefabby(m): 6:37pm On Aug 21, 2012
rodeo0070:
Mouth wash will only cover mouth odour for a while, its not d ultimate solution to bad breath.
1.Regular brushing.
2.Changing of toothbrush wen nd be, 3.Periodic use of the traditional "chewing stick".
4.Don't brush immediately after eating as dis can also lead to teeth discolouration,
5.And please don't confuse bad breath with stale breath.
So what is stale breath and how about gum infection,can it also lead to bad breath.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by vb0mb(m): 6:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
This thread has been to joke section.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by vb0mb(m): 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2012
Some people mouth smells more than soakaway.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by rodeo0070(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2012
I hope this link will be of help
m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Bad-Breath
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by babysnogls: 7:39pm On Aug 21, 2012
al-qaeda:
IF UR GONNA BRUSH UR THROAT, U MIGHT AS WELL JUST STICK THE BRUSH INTO UR NOSE AND GIVE IT A GOOD SCRUB.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by wizzymate(m): 7:56pm On Aug 21, 2012
you guys should try eating bitter cola before going to bed at night.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2012
Bad breath at times have little to do with thoroughly brushed teeth and mouth but with constipation thus the foul odour originates from the digested foods in the gastrointestinal intestinal tract. There have been cases of people whose foul mouth odour was relieved after bowel movement.
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by 5alive(m): 8:45pm On Aug 21, 2012
Derumania: This is a good thread i have been waiting for since.I will surely try some of the tips given here.

na una dey spoil dis forum with bad breath n odour abi. God punnish u
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by 5alive(m): 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2012
crackhouse: U can use iron brush too, though it may be painful and can cause blood to come out of ya mouth but hey, u only have to use it once and u will never brush for the rest of ur life again.

crackhouse, u don crack my belle ocheesy
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by drumma(m): 10:03pm On Aug 21, 2012
OMG...... seeing this thread is making my day soooooo complete right now cos just a few days ago I was thinking about having such on here but didn't know how to because some itchy moderators just keep deleting my post every time.... But here's one reason why this is a source of concern to me.... there's this girl that i liked so much and I really wanted her to be my girl but damn the breath just can't bring us 5 steps closer and that's one of the reasons i won't see her even when she's bent on seeing me at home.....

Here are my own tips to how i keep my breath fresh....I hope a few of us can learn from it

Firstly, I do not under any circumstances use one brush(JORDAN HARD BRISTLE} for more than 3 weeks because the quality of the brushes has declined so drastically...... further more depending on what i eat the previous night, when i get into my bath to brush in the morning, I would normally brush with a bit of water and my paste just to whisk and make the presence of my minty paste known to the bacterias then i chill for about 30seconds before I do my normal round which encompasses every section of my mouth and of course I dish out blood everyday then after rinsing I now do the kissing session which is the 3rd session and is primarily focused on my tongue.....

Secondly: every wednesdays and fridays I do what i call a warm or hot break out..... I do 2 sessions of brushing with hot water and that helps my keep my breath stealthily fresh for another 2days or more

Thirdly I spend 1/4 of every cash on me on Vicks Blue & Gums{wringleys precisely} which i find healthy that also helps me keep a 24hour clean breath\

Another thing i do is after every meal instead of taking ordinary water, I opt for soft drinks that contains acids that can help me wash thoroughly any left overs of pepper and the likes and I immediately throw in my Gum or mint sweet after which I confidently go ahead with my day and trust me when I get kissed they always stay locked on.....

One other thing im good at is im always thinking of ways daily to creatively keep my breath clean and fresh because its something I detest with everything I have in this world and I hope this my little tips would help some people a great deal cos my dear fresh breath is the first step to getting loved!

I hope this my write up is kept on this page by the time i click Submit!
Thanks all

1 Like

Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by drumma(m): 10:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
how come my post has been deleted.... menh this moderator sucks .... cocksukas
Re: Tips For Fresh Breath by firstdolphin: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2012
OMG...... seeing this thread is making my day soooooo complete right now cos just a few days ago I was thinking about having such on here but didn't know how to because some itchy moderators just keep deleting my post every time.... But here's one reason why this is a source of concern to me.... there's this girl that i liked so much and I really wanted her to be my girl but damn the breath just can't bring us 5 steps closer and that's one of the reasons i won't see her even when she's bent on seeing me at home.....

Here are my own tips to how i keep my breath fresh....I hope a few of us can learn from it

Firstly, I do not under any circumstances use one brush(JORDAN HARD BRISTLE} for more than 3 weeks because the quality of the brushes has declined so drastically...... further more depending on what i eat the previous night, when i get into my bath to brush in the morning, I would normally brush with a bit of water and my paste just to whisk and make the presence of my minty paste known to the bacterias then i chill for about 30seconds before I do my normal round which encompasses every section of my mouth and of course I dish out blood everyday then after rinsing I now do the kissing session which is the 3rd session and is primarily focused on my tongue.....

Secondly: every wednesdays and fridays I do what i call a warm or hot break out..... I do 2 sessions of brushing with hot water and that helps my keep my breath stealthily fresh for another 2days or more

Thirdly I spend 1/4 of every cash on me on Vicks Blue & Gums{wringleys precisely} which i find healthy that also helps me keep a 24hour clean breath\

Another thing i do is after every meal instead of taking ordinary water, I opt for soft drinks that contains acids that can help me wash thoroughly any left overs of pepper and the likes and I immediately throw in my Gum or mint sweet after which I confidently go ahead with my day and trust me when I get kissed they always stay locked on.....

One other thing im good at is im always thinking of ways daily to creatively keep my breath clean and fresh because its something I detest with everything I have in this world and I hope this my little tips would help some people a great deal cos my dear fresh breath is the first step to getting loved!

I hope this my write up is kept on this page by the time i click Submit!
Thanks all

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Will Soon Run Out Of Isolation Centres – Akin Abayomi / 21-Day Notice: Strike Dangerous Now, FG Begs Doctors, NMA, Ministry Disagree / DEW Bottled Water Fatal Poisoning Hoax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.