Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,036 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group (13692 Views)

The Most Expensive Garden Street In Owerri / 15 Most Expensive Hotel Rooms In Nigeria / Accra - 2nd Most Livable City In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by wills(m): 10:40am On Aug 19, 2012
A recent research by the Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) has ranked hotels in Lagos as the second most expensive in the world behind Moscow, which oligarchs and bling reputation, pushed to first on the ranking.

According to the results of a poll conducted in 50 cities worldwide, a hotel room in Lagos cost an average of £217.05.

The report claimed the high rate of hotel rooms in the state could be attributed to the 'high volume of inbound business travel connected with the oil industry'.

It added security concerns in the security forces travellers to stay in five-star accommodation.

Behind Lagos in third place was Geneva with rooms priced at an average of £215.92, the survey said that hotel prices across the Eurozone had 'either fallen or remained flat'.

The survey also found that prices of hotel rooms had increased in both Tokyo and Dubai as they recovered from last year's earthquake, tsunami and Arab Spring.

Done twice a year, the HRG research looks at hotel room prices for key business destinations.

SOURCES
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/76-hot-topic/42958-lagos-hotels-2nd-most-expensive-globally--hrg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-2189204/Most-expensive-hotel-rooms-Moscow-named-city-priciest-room-rates.html

For the shitty services some of the so called 5 star hotels in Lagos and Abuja provide, plus the poor salary it pays its staff and horrendous condition of service. I will say the management of these hotels(their foreign collaborators and local partners) are simply profiteering.

Its Lagos, its Nigeria... consumers are always at the mercy of any greedy business men.. The government care less about regulation or ensuring people get value for Money, after all if people in this Government like Oronto Douglas, have a room in trans-crop Hilton he has kept for year now,see source http://www.economist.com/blogs/baobab/2012/08/nigeria?zid=309&ah=80dcf288b8561b012f603b9fd9577f0e So tell me who cares what people pay ? .....

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by ebamma(m): 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
expensive my foot,
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 20, 2012
Oh boy ur blood dey hot.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by htajz: 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2012
my problem with nigerian hotels is not their price but their poor services and low salary they their slaves workers

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by mikuz(m): 1:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
Disturbing news.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:52pm On Aug 20, 2012
I can't blv ds
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2012
htajz: my problem with nigerian hotels is not their price but their poor services and low salary they their slaves workers

On point. But generally I don't think hotel workers earn much.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Creamychic(f): 1:54pm On Aug 20, 2012
undecided undecided
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by alaoeri: 1:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
Of what benefits is that to nigeria economy? undecided
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by seedord247(m): 1:58pm On Aug 20, 2012
If not for politicians money who want to patronize them.... 2 star hotel here in vegas is better than ten star hotel in nigeria. shocked
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by badaru1(m): 2:04pm On Aug 20, 2012
You have to understand that these hotels generate their power,pay multiple taxes both genuine and fake,settle omonile,provide their police. All these costs will be passes to the customers.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by solomon111(m): 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2012
seedord247: If not for politicians money who want to patronize them.... 2 star hotel here in vegas is better than ten star hotel in nigeria. shocked
fucking liar.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by PapaBrowne(m): 2:07pm On Aug 20, 2012
Hotel in dubai( Rose Reyhan By Rotana- Tallest Hotel in the world) : 26,000 per night.

Hotel in LagossadHomegate Hawker Resort, Victoria Island) 28,000 per night

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by manny4life(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
I'm not surprised, sounds about right.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by ernestleon(m): 2:09pm On Aug 20, 2012
REALITY101:

On point. But generally I don't think hotel workers earn much.
bros you are on a long thing.Here in Italy hotel employees earn alot most especially the chefs an average 2500euro monthly.Bar attendants not as much as cooks.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 2:10pm On Aug 20, 2012
Lagos Hotels. I thought Lagos Hotels were the most expensive. So we are second. The facilities are world class. Lagos happens to be the best City to enjoy money in terms of cash and carry enjoyment. And no comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. Except those who are expatriates and need to work for 20 yrs to be able to afford a terrace duplex in the Lekki, Ikoyi and Victoria Island. I love Lagos, home and homely.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by ernestleon(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2012
seedord247: If not for politicians money who want to patronize them.... 2 star hotel here in vegas is better than ten star hotel in nigeria. shocked
there is no such thing as 2star hotel in a developed country.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
stolen oil money and greed for instant returns

same reason for the insane cost of land

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by seedord247(m): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2012
ernestleon:
there is no such thing as 2star hotel in a developed country.

Na 3 i won type jareeee.... Even some motels can stand eko hotel. sad
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 20, 2012
PapaBrowne: Hotel in dubai : 26,000 per night.

Hotel in Lagos: 28,000 per night
GUY, This is Home Gate Hotel in Lekki Phase 1. I love the beds in home gate and rooms have good lighting. But its one of the cheapest at average of $200 per night. Its a good comparison in terms of the price but not by infrastructure. Uproot that Dubai Hotel to Nigeria, am sure it will be $1000 per night.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by ernestleon(m): 2:18pm On Aug 20, 2012
seedord247:

Na 3 i won type jareeee.... Even some motels can stand eko hotel. sad
i be wan shout o
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 20, 2012
oyb: stolen oil money and greed for instant returns same reason for the insane cost of land
It didnt call for judgement on the sources of income. It simply judges the prices of reservations.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by seedord247(m): 2:25pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: It didnt call for judgement on the sources of income. It simply judges the prices of reservations.

Yes its called for sir... Despite the huge money they make from those thiefs... They cant stand a 150 years old hotel in new orleans.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On Aug 20, 2012
Everytime Lagos, wetin? $217 per night, that's over 30 Gs? What will they say about Abuja hotels then? Did they get their statistics from P. Diddy and Rihanna?
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 20, 2012
seedord247: Yes its called for sir... Despite the huge money they make from those thiefs... They cant stand a 150 years old hotel in new orleans.
The thread didn't call for comparisons on standards of structures and designs, its just illumination on how money is spent in Lagos and the cost of Hotels. When you compare American Hotels with Nigerian Hotels, you chose to ignore the fact that America is more than 235yrs old and almost 52yrs. Sometimes I wonder if most of you use constructive reasoning before you insult your country while enslaving yourselves abroad.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by tai2(m): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2012
safarigirl: Everytime Lagos, wetin? $217 per night, that's over 30 Gs? What will they say about Abuja hotels then? Did they get their statistics from P. Diddy and Rihanna?

Abuja hotels are actually much cheaper
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by kiyosaki1(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
interesting
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by seedord247(m): 2:49pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire: The thread didn't call for comparisons on standards of structures and designs, its just illumination on how money is spent in Lagos and the cost of Hotels. When you compare American Hotels with Nigerian Hotels, you chose to ignore the fact that America is more than 235yrs old and almost 52yrs. Sometimes I wonder if most of you use constructive reasoning before you insult your country while enslaving yourselves abroad.

Like i said it's call for.... And living abroad does not mean slaves if thats your own definition of abroad. most of the 4 and 5 star hotels in vegas were completed in this new millenium... And plz sir, we're talking about hotels not university... I have been to SA, GH, BOTSWANA, and their hotel are way better than room and parlour you called hotels in nigeria. Kindly look for ways to travel out and see things yourself rather than sitting at home listening to the garbage your hunry fellas are giving you.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by maninmood(m): 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2012
Billyonaire:
GUY, This is Home Gate Hotel in Lekki Phase 1. I love the beds in home gate and rooms have good lighting. But its one of the cheapest at average of $200 per night. Its a good comparison in terms of the price but not by infrastructure. Uproot that Dubai Hotel to Nigeria, am sure it will be $1000 per night.

So only the emboldened goes for 28k in Lagos? You'd better get your priority right and stop fooling yourself. I can list hotels that charge that amount for their 'standard rooms'. Go to opebi, Ikoyi, many others in Lekki phase 1, magodo, etc. You're a mongrel that jumps at every thread to display your inane foolishness.
Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by Chidex2442(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2012
Dat is why i like calabar, here with N3500 u can get a good hotel attached with a commercial sex worker (ASHAWO) as value added services for a night! grin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Hotels 2nd Most Expensive Globally – Research By The Hogg Robinson Group by kokoye(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2012
In Nigeria / Lagos,

- you have to generate your own security (40% increase in cost)

- you have to generate your own power (40% increase in cost)

- you have to generate your own water (20% increase in cost)

Still surprised?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mozambique Visa & Cost.. Please Help ! / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.