Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,871 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 - Jobs/Vacancies (851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2409165 Views)

Oyo TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2013 / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Test / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Iykeluv: 10:42am On May 01
The FG salary increase ,teachers and health workers are not included. What a wicked country

Is it not the wage award or is it different. [/quote]
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Tekzyflex(m): 11:45am On May 01
Its federal not state. Hold your governor accountable for your wage award not Federal government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by BenUmor: 3:07pm On May 01
Nothing from the governor for workers in the state ?
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by ikem50: 4:34pm On May 01
BenUmor:
Nothing from the governor for workers in the state ?

welcome to RIVERS STATE, a land filled with milk and honey and the people still drink their garri with salt
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Caringpro(f): 7:16pm On May 01
Update on workers day from the governor please
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by mela82(f): 8:48pm On May 01
Caringpro:
Update on workers day from the governor please

NO AMOUNT OF INTIMIDATION WILL CHANGE OUR FOCUS ON GOVERNANCE - GOV. FUBARA

...Commits to wage increase for workers

...Donates N100m to workers for May Day Celebration

...Has fulfilled N250million release for completion of NUT Secretariat

...Promises to sustain free bus services, palliatives for workers

Rivers State Governor, Sir Siminalayi Fubara has declared that no amount of intimidation, provocation, harassment or sabotage will change the focus of his administration in working for the interest of Rivers people.

Meanwhile the governor also donated the sum of one hundred million naira (N100 million) to the organized labour to support the workers day celebration

Governor Fubara made this declaration on Wednesday at the Yakubu Gowon Township Stadium, Port Harcourt during the 2024 May Day Celebration

While acknowledging the power of the people, Governor Fubara said despite his government being troubled he will not loose focus because of the power of the people which is the determinant of government.

"We have promised you service delivery and nothing will change it. It is our promise here again to the people of Rivers State and the Nigerian Labour Congress and the world that we will remain focused."

"I reassure you that our faith in God is strong and with Him on our side there is no challenge that we cannot overcome. And it is important for us to work together to defend the collective interest of our state and advance the well-being of all."

The governor hinted that he is committed to implementing the increase in workers’ salaries recently approved by the Federal Government as soon as the parameters are made available.

He noted that as a listening government he is aware of the common concerns and demands of labour on the urgency of stimulating economic growth and improving the living conditions of the people.

Gov. Fubara reiterated the importance and relevance of workers to the implementation of government policies and agenda for economic growth, provision of infrastructure, social progress and advancing the welfare and well-being of the citizens.

He emphasised that from the beginning of his administration he had promised to be labour friendly as his primary constituency and assured that he will not renege but continue to look after the well-being of the workers within the limit of available resources.

Sir Fubara restated his disposition to the workers welfare which led to his implementation of promotion and payment of accrued benefits to all categories of civil servants who were stagnated in the past 10 years

In highlighting some of his policy actions since he assumed office, Gov. Fubara pointed out that his government has reactivated and restored some facilities and services in the secretariat complex, and commissioned a reputable international company to scope the entire complex in order to advise on the cost of a comprehensive rehabilitation of the entire secretariat complex.

The governor also noted that he has approved the recruitment of 1000 doctors and other medical personnel to strengthen the State’s healthcare delivery system to enable everyone access quality healthcare in the State

"As you may also know, the State’s Contributory Healthcare Insurance Scheme has started, and I urge all workers to take advantage of the benefits of the scheme by enrolling to access prompt and affordable healthcare from both private and public service providers."

He pointed out that his administration has continued to clear the backlog of gratuities to retired civil servants just as he has ensured the prompt enrolment and payment of pensions, stressing that the days of delayed payments of retirement benefits to civil servants are over

"I have also directed and ensured the implementation of the minimum wage and promotion of our workers in the local government service."

Sir Fubara further stated that his administration approved and released the sum of N250,000,000 for the completion of the Secretariat building of the Nigerian Union of Teachers

In acknowledging the importance of the workforce Governor Fubara emphasised that there can be no nation-building or progress in society without the input, effort, and sacrifice of the workforce, stressing that Rivers State is economically strong, resilient, and vibrant because of the workers which also impacts on the progress of the local governments and communities

He expressed concerns over the poor state of the nation’s economy, especially, the continuously rising inflation and its impact on the purchasing power and well-being of the average worker and their families.

"Let me assure you that we are going to work with the Federal Government to implement necessary measures, including the continuation of the free bus services and the provision of necessary palliatives to ameliorate the current hardship faced by ordinary citizens."

"I assure the leaders of the labour unions that our doors are open, and we are always available to resolve all your demands and other contending issues through constructive dialogue and negotiations."

Earlier in an address, the Chairman of Nigerian Labour Congress in Rivers State, Comrade Alex Agwanwor commended Governor Siminalayi Fubara for attending the workers Day Celebration and being labour friendly, assuring of the Unions avowed support to the administration at all times

He pointed out that the theme of this year's Workers Day, People's First was unique as it amplifiers the significance of the people in the socioeconomic development of the society.

Describing workers as significant stakeholders in the Rivers project, the NLC leader said Governor Fubara has given hope to workers in the state through the prioritisation of their welfare and called for a more robust relationship between the Government and the Organised labour.

He listed some of the achievements of the Governor within a short period of time to include; implementation of promotion and financial benefits to Rivers Workers, implementation of N30, 000, minimum wage for Local Government Workers, N100,000 Christmas bonus to Rivers State Workers, restoration of basic amenities at the state secretariat to improvement of productivity, constitution of Governing Boards for Government Agencies and parastatals for efficiency, reopening of the Rivers Transport Company, RTC, among others.

The labour leader added that the Governor should revolutionize the agriculture sector through the revamping of state owned companies such as Shongai and Delta Rubber Companies, and encourage young people to take up farming as sustainable means of livelihood.

Agwanwor, who urged the speedy completion of the East West Road to avert a reoccurrence of the recent carnage that claimed innocent lives, also called for the initiation of an Executive Bill to address the contending issues over the contributory pension scheme,

On his part, the Trade Union Congress, Chairman, Comrade Ikechukwu Onyefuru expressed gratitude to the Governor for his concern to Rivers worker's welfare.

He called on the governor to compel international Oil Companies who tap from the state resources to move their headquarters to Rivers State, and urged the Rivers State government to invest in intra rail services to boost economic development in the rural areas.

Highlight of the occasion was the conferment of Best Friendly Governor award on the governor.

- Gist Report

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/XzZXHzQKg4XQhEXW/?mibextid=xfxF2i

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Oriuwa(m): 8:27pm On May 02
Una don collect salary dey squeeze face abi🙄 oyana🚶🚶
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Oriuwa(m): 2:49pm On May 03
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum has emphasised the need for the government and organised labour to come up with a sustainable minimum wage in the ongoing negotiations.

The governors made the call in a communique issued at the end of its virtual meeting and signed by its Chairman and Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq. They assured labour of governors’ commitment to pay the workers an improved wage.

In response, the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress warned the state governors against defaulting on the new minimum wage that would be approved during the ongoing negotiations. They insist that the proposed N615,000 minimum wage is realistic, dismissing claims that some states cannot pay such an amount if approved.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 12:53pm On May 04
Oriuwa:
The Nigeria Governors’ Forum has emphasised the need for the government and organised labour to come up with a sustainable minimum wage in the ongoing negotiations.

The governors made the call in a communique issued at the end of its virtual meeting and signed by its Chairman and Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq. They assured labour of governors’ commitment to pay the workers an improved wage.

In response, the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress warned the state governors against defaulting on the new minimum wage that would be approved during the ongoing negotiations. They insist that the proposed N615,000 minimum wage is realistic, dismissing claims that some states cannot pay such an amount if approved.
labour just want to cause confusion and drag this matter on for many months to come

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by buniken: 4:49pm On May 05
gold360:
labour just want to cause confusion and drag this matter on for many months to come
Trust me, Labour is acting in our best interest although they lack the intestinal fortitude to stand their ground - they can budge easily. But let's keep our fingers crossed, the delay will be to our favour.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 11:00am On May 06
buniken:

Trust me, Labour is acting in our best interest although they lack the intestinal fortitude to stand their ground - they can budge easily. But let's keep our fingers crossed, the delay will be to our favour.
I pray so
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Tekzyflex(m): 11:09am On May 06
I want to give you guys a clear example of the rising cost of things. In 2014,I bought a Samsung double door inverter fridge for 79,000 naira but do you know right now that same fridge of same size is 680,000 in spar.
Labour fighting for 618k or so is justifiable based on the rising cost of goods and services.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cursive: 5:27pm On May 06
Tekzyflex:
I want to give you guys a clear example of the rising cost of things. In 2014,I bought a Samsung double door inverter fridge for 79,000 naira but do you know right now that same fridge of same size is 680,000 in spar.
Labour fighting for 618k or so is justifiable based on the rising cost of goods and services.
minimum wage in 2014 was 18k and not 79k. What I'm trying to say is let's be realistic. We should use the USD as benchmark for our comparison and not the cost of the fridge that you bought in 2014.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by TheWatchDog(m): 6:32pm On May 06
Cursive:
minimum wage in 2014 was 18k and not 79k. What I'm trying to say is let's be realistic. We should use the USD as benchmark for our comparison and not the cost of the fridge that you bought in 2014.
That's why we have reading and comprehension in English studies. Tekzy was even trying to corroborate the statement of Buniken and you are here contending against him. He support what Buniken wrote up there in reply to gold360. Read again!
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Chibuking81(m): 9:22pm On May 06
Oriuwa:

To be realistic, comparing with dollar new minimum wage should be between #70,000 to #90,000. Labour should forget about N615,000. If federal government pay that amount dollar will rise to #10,000 per a dollar.

Dollar was #460 per dollar in May 2023, before President Tinubu took over.
If dollar stands at #1,380 per a dollar (i.e. X3) minimum wage should be #90,000
If dollar stands at #1,150 per a dollar (i.e. X2.5) minimum wage should be #75,000
If dollar stands at #960 per a dollar (i.e. X2) minimum wage should be #60,000
Then there will be an agreement that dollar should be regulated to stand at a particular point in which minimum wage will be fixed.

President Tinubu approves whatever you ask him to approve, but will not implement it. It is better they agreed on what he can implement after approval, and should make sure that the state governors agreed on the said new minimum wage, very important before signing into law.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Tekzyflex(m): 9:54pm On May 06
Cursive:

Am not talking about buying the fridge with the previous minimum wage. Am trying to tell you how the prices of goods and services have skyrocketed. In 2014 I can afford to buy the fridge because my salary was 65k or so.
But right now the price of that fridge is four times my present salary. That's my point.
Even if the Minimum wage is not up to the 615 but at least it should be 100 upwards.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cursive: 2:35am On May 07
TheWatchDog:
That's why we have reading and comprehension in English studies. Tekzy was even trying to corroborate the statement of Buniken and you are here contending against him. He support what Buniken wrote up there in reply to gold360. Read again!
first Tekzy wasn't corroborating anyone because he didn't quote anyone. He made an independent statement and secondly you obviously missed my point, maybe you should consider taking that reading and comprehension in English lesson, it'll help you.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cursive: 2:36am On May 07
Chibuking81:

To be realistic, comparing with dollar new minimum wage should be between #70,000 to #90,000. Labour should forget about N615,000. If federal government pay that amount dollar will rise to #10,000 per a dollar.

If dollar stands at #1,380 per a dollar (i.e. X3) minimum wage should be #90,000
If dollar stands at #1,150 per a dollar (i.e. X2.5) minimum wage should be #75,000
Then there will be an agreement that dollar should be regulated to stand at a particular point in which minimum wage will be fixed.

President Tinubu approves whatever you ask him to approve, but will not implement it. It is better they agreed on what he can implement after approval, and should make sure that the state governors agreed on the said new minimum wage, very important before signing into law.
Exactly
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by TheWatchDog(m): 4:13am On May 07
Cursive:
first Tekzy wasn't corroborating anyone because he didn't quote anyone. He made an independent statement and secondly you obviously missed my point, maybe you should consider taking that reading and comprehension in English lesson, it'll help you.
Next time when you jump into discusion like this, try to understand the basic content of the discusion before you start mastubating. Let me leave you to your FATE.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Havardcv: 10:22am On May 07
Do you need help with your curriculum vitae and cover letter? I'm the best plug (writer) for you.
I have noticed lot of mistakes in many CVs these days and might be the reason why you're not getting job invites. Let me assist you in writing an ATS OPTIMIZED Curriculum Vitae that will help you in getting your dream job.

And the best part of my service is, It's delivery before payment, which means you'll have to review the work first before paying

Check out for my details at my profile or signature box below

Let me help you in fixing your CV.

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by dmercy141983(m): 8:31pm On May 07
Why should minimum wage be compared to dollar as the standard measurement or comparison? Why can't minimum wage be set according the economic reality of the country?

Why is dollar controlling our economy?
Well Nigeria is a useless country after all!

Tụfịakwa! 600k plus minimum wage is ot realistic and 100k minimum wage is very poor.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Dikasos: 8:34pm On May 07
In a country where God has blessed us with so much resources that would have put us on top of the world map if properly utilize. As at present, Nigeria is purely a consumption economy, thus the gap between the dollar and naira would continue to widen. It's pathetic that in 2024, Nigeria cannot boast of producing fuel...but the government is ready to waste billions if not trillions to build a road from Lagos to Calabar. While they cannot even maintain the East West Road. Why wouldn't the money be used instead to build even two or three functional modula refinery. Hmm
I weep for my country Nigeria.
Nigeria is indeed a failed state!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Dikasos: 8:44pm On May 07
[quote author=dmercy141983 post=129837629]Why should minimum wage be compared to dollar as the standard measurement or comparison? Why can't minimum wage be set according the economic reality of the country?

Tụfịakwa! 600k plus minimum wage is ot realistic and 100k minimum wage is very poor.

The economic reality is that inflation would continue to ravage our economy until Nigeria shift from being an importing nation to an exporting nation.
We are ruled by leaders who have refused to follow the ABCD...of economics and majoring on Political party and power control.
I weep for my country!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by sammymarvin: 10:23pm On May 07
It's a pathetic situation...we have been blessed with almost all the natural resources but we are been cursed with bad rulers and some stupid followers
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cursive: 4:24am On May 08
dmercy141983:
Why should minimum wage be compared to dollar as the standard measurement or comparison? Why can't minimum wage be set according the economic reality of the country?

The dollar is the standard for global trade and for almost every country at the moment hence my comment but then aside the tufiakwa part, I get what you are trying to say. Going by the exchange rate of 2014 and if we are to maintain the dollar equivalent, minimum wage shouldn't be less than 120k sha
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by jacobnel(m): 5:13am On May 08
Who will even agree to pay you 100k minimum wages in Nigeria? I just dey look at labour wey dey demand N615k as Minimum wage. Labour are not serious. The highest Fed Govt. can't even agree to pay you as minimum wages is between 50-70k.

dmercy141983:

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Cursive: 8:31am On May 08
jacobnel:
Who will even agree to pay you 100k minimum wages in Nigeria? I just dey look at labour wey dey demand N615k as Minimum wage. Labour are not serious. The highest Fed Govt. can't even agree to pay you as minimum wages is between 50-70k.

70k will be pure evil seriously.
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by gold360(m): 3:07pm On May 09
Cursive:

70k will be pure evil seriously.
true
Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by buniken: 6:34am On May 12
Chibuking81:

It is a non-sequitur to compare minimum wage to the exchange rate of the dollars. Dollars and minimum wage are not correlative, we know that from our basic economics. While exchange rate is dependent on international trade between strategic partners, the latter should be index-linked. It will be unconscionable for Federal Government to pay its workers a slave wage, a wage they are aware will not sustain workers for even a week considering the parlous state of Nigeria's economy. Yes I admit Labour is on the high side but let FG come up with their own counter- offer; that is what we expect from them, instead of stalling for time. But a minimum wage of between 250000 and 350000 wouldn't hurt- FG and state can afford it. After all South Africa's minimum wage is about 350000.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Teachers Recruitment 2012 by Oriuwa(m): 7:13pm On May 15
UPDATE

The labour unions comprising the Nigeria Labour Congress and Trade Union Congress have walked out of the ongoing minimum wage negotiations with the government and the Organised Private Sector.

Angered by the N48,000 proposal by the Federal Government as the national minimum wage, the labour unions described the offer as ridiculous.

The NLC President, Joe Ajaero, explained that the government is not serious about negotiating with the Labour on the new minimum wage.

He explained that the FG does not have the necessary data to negotiate with Labour.

Advertisement
Ajaero maintained that Government have till the end of the month to arrive at a decision, adding that Labour will take a decision at the expiration of the ultimatum.

The Trade Union Congress was represented at the meeting by the Deputy President, Mr. Tommy Okon.

A joint statement signed by Ajaero and Okon after the meeting read in part, “The Government’s proposal of a paltry N48,000 (forty-eight thousand Naira} as the Minimum Wage does not only insult the sensibilities of Nigerian workers but also falls significantly short of meeting our needs and aspirations.

“In contrast the Organised Private Sector (OPS) proposed an initial offer of N54 ,000 (fifty-four thousand Naira) though it is worth noting that even the least paid workers in the private sector receives N78,000 (seventy-eight thousand Naira per month) as clearly stated by the OPS, highlighting the stark disparity between the proposed and prevailing standards further demonstrating the minimum wage unwillingness of Employers and Government to faithfully negotiate a fair National Minimum Wage for Workers in Nigeria.

Advertisement
“Furthermore, the Government’s failure to provide any substantiated data to support their offer exacerbates the situation. This lack of transparency and good faith undermines the credibility of the negotiation process and erodes trust between the parties involved.

“As representatives of Nigerian workers, we cannot in good conscience accept a wage proposal that would result in a reduction in income for federal-level workers who are already receiving N30,000 (thirty thousand Naira) as mandated by law, augmented by Buhari’s 40% Peculiar allowance (N12,000) and the N35,000 (thirty-five thousand Naira) wage award, totaling N77,000 (seventyseven thousand Naira) only.

“Such a regressive step would undermine the economic well-being of workers and their families and is unacceptable in a National Minimum Wage Fixing process.

The NLC and TUC had proposed that the Federal government should pay Nigerian workers N615,000 minimum wage, citing high cost of living as the yardstick for the proposal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (848) (849) (850) (851) (852) (Reply)

Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs / Updated-New Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.