Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,988 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Difficult issues in Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Difficult issues in Islam (2202 Views)

Fertility Issues And Contraception In Islam: / Ingredients Of Marital Love In Islam / Why Do We Find It Difficult To Pray Five Times Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 11:19pm On Aug 20, 2012
The topic is self explanatory. I have noticed a trend by NL muslims in the avoidance of news or recent issues affecting islam when the news is quite negative on islam. I will further explain;

a) Boko Haram;

I have noticed that when Boko Haram strikes, it is almost always a non-muslim that breaks the news. However, when it is bad news against Boko haram eg (Muslims protecting Christians from Boko Haram or the $10,000 bounty on Boko Haram) NL muslims are quick to report it.

b)Difficulties of non-muslims in muslim majority or sharia countries
Another big issue in Islam is the treatment of non-muslims in countries like Egypt, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Pakistan etc. There are numerous instances of unfair treatment of religious minorities almost every month in the news. We hardly see threads on NL talking about the plights of non-muslims in these countries. However, I noticed a disgusting thread full of lies that christians/non-muslims in Iran are alright (https://www.nairaland.com/956939/lives-religious-minorities-islamic-republic). There is enough evidence to show the contrary that christians suffer in Iran. (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=christian+oppressed+in+iran&rlz=1C1DSGK_enGB420GB420&sugexp=chrome,mod=16&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-cool

Furthermore, the first tow threads on the search results about iran and minorities are not even in the islam section;
https://www.nairaland.com/33601/christians-facing-increasing-persecution-iran
https://www.nairaland.com/877423/iran-court-convicts-christian-pastor

c) Honour killings;
This is a huge problem in islamic societies. Three weeks ago in the UK, a couple was sentenced to 25 years each for killing their daughter because of fears that she was too "westernized" and wanted her to marry someone from Pakistan. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-19068490

I dont think there was any thread on the above news- I watched in silence as it went unreported here in Nairaland as many of us live in the UK. Most threads on honour killings are started by non-muslims from my research on the first 2 pages of the search results.
https://www.nairaland.com/830863/muslim-baby-adopted-prevent-honour
https://www.nairaland.com/100439/islam-honour-killings

There are more issues (eg censorship, apostacy) but the fact is that people already accuse muslims of being silent on terrorism and such of avoidance of bad news on islam only adds to the stereotype that muslims are silent on negative issues and support them.

What do you have to say, agree or disagree?
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 11:33am On Aug 21, 2012
d) Censorship in islam;

Another issue that many avoid. Two highlighted cases are the draw Muhammad day and the arrest of an atheist, Alexander Aan, in Indonesia. Censorship is frowned upon because it limits free speech.
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2012
e)Cousin Marriage;

The effects of cousin marriage that is permitted in Islam.
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:01pm On Oct 03, 2012
MacDaddy01: d) Censorship in islam;

Another issue that many avoid. Two highlighted cases are the draw Muhammad day and the arrest of an atheist, Alexander Aan, in Indonesia. Censorship is frowned upon because it limits free speech.

Added is the recent movie; Innocence of Muslims
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by nakash: 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2012
Islam is fake Why do want to argue here dat abeg o the moozies are following a religion dat all know is violent?
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by onetrack(m): 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2012
6) Inaction: An unwillingness/inability of ordinary Muslims to stand up for once and for all and eliminate the crazies. When the crazies come out, regular Muslims get out of their way.
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:15am On Oct 04, 2012

4 Likes

Re: Difficult issues in Islam by ParisLove1: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2012
LOL

Abdulsleek how far nah
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2012
Paris_Love: LOL

Abdulsleek how far nah
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Huh? Who is Abdulsleek? Sounds like a sleeky guy? wink
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by CrazyMan(m): 8:50am On Oct 04, 2012
MacDaddy01: 7) Mac

www.nairaland.com/attachments/840165_ragecomic_NL_png62abca8b618a4e33a26c43e0ced4f83f
Let's hope the mods move this to the front page.
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 8:51am On Oct 04, 2012
CrazyMan:
Let's hope the mods move this to the front page.
Amen!
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by wiegraf: 12:22pm On Oct 04, 2012
This article is about their cutting edge science.
Spain produces more scientific literature than 57 OIC countries combined. And the quality of these papers is usually suspect
http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_60/iss_8/49_1.shtml?bypassSSO=1
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 04, 2012
A very interesting thread; why are the muslims not responding huh? Front page mods!
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by PastorKun(m): 12:34pm On Oct 04, 2012
MacDaddy01:
Amen!

Coming from an atheist?
LWKMD grin

1 Like

Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:36pm On Oct 04, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Coming from an atheist?
LWKMD grin

I don suffer from the islam section.

Na to only talk "god dey" remain

grin grin grin
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 12:38pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf: This article is about their cutting edge science.
Spain produces more scientific literature than 57 OIC countries combined. And the quality of these papers is usually suspect
http://ptonline.aip.org/journals/doc/PHTOAD-ft/vol_60/iss_8/49_1.shtml?bypassSSO=1

Ah yes, Sma Harris mentioned the same issue

Spain translates more work into spanish in a year than the Arab world has ever doneinto Arabic
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by wiegraf: 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Ah yes, Sma Harris mentioned the same issue

Spain translates more work into spanish in a year than the Arab world has ever doneinto Arabic

Yeah, spain translates more literature to spanish in a year than the arab world has since forever. Knowledge is probably bad for business. Pakistan has produced 8 patents in 43 years. Lots of little nuggets with hard numbers in that article but can't copy/paste at the moment. I, personally, especially like the message delivered to women with the temerity to not cover their hair or engage in sports. It boils down to other women should spray them with acid. Apparently there's nothing wrong with that because it will get worse for them in hell. No, they really wrote that. And one wonders why they kill people over tripe like 'innocence' (I'll admit the preview was a bit funny, and mayhaps accurate... Riot imminent)

Edit: author is a pakistani professor, I wonder if he has 'sold out' now...
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by MacDaddy01: 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2012
wiegraf:

Yeah, spain translates more literature to spanish in a year than the arab world has since forever. Knowledge is probably bad for business. Pakistan has produced 8 patents in 43 years. Lots of little nuggets with hard numbers in that article but can't copy/paste at the moment. I, personally, especially like the message delivered to women with the temerity to not cover their hair or engage in sports. It boils down to other women should spray them with acid. Apparently there's nothing wrong with that because it will get worse for them in hell. No, they really wrote that. And one wonders why they kill people over tripe like 'innocence' (I'll admit the preview was a bit funny, and mayhaps accurate... Riot imminent)

Edit: author is a pakistani professor, I wonder if he has 'sold out' now...

Author is really Pakistani? Who'd have thought!
Re: Difficult issues in Islam by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 04, 2012
Paris_Love: LOL

Abdulsleek how far nah
cheesy cheesy cheesy
buhaaaaaassss

(1) (Reply)

Priest Who Converted To Islam Tells His Reason (daily Trust) / Why Is Saudi Regime Silent On The Ongoing Genocide Of Rohingyah Muslims: / Delta Airline Bomber Is Umar Farouk A Nigerian Student In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.